Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    back in the day i had every class at max level ... now in MoP i simply and only care for my paladin ... i don't want alts, got enough going on for the pally.
    what he said ^^

An alt mmo is a cash cow. It will never change, might as well get used to it. They aren't in it to make a niche game, they are in it to milk it. Even the head of Activision said he wants to take the fun out of videogames.

An MMO where alts are not playable and that's purely "main-focused" is not sustainable, since at this point (4 expansions in), if you decide you want to switch mains and are forced to repeat the time investment you put in, you'll probably just quit instead.

I thought this was the most alt unfriendly expansion so far, besides what's wrong with alts? It doesn't detract from your enjoyment if other people have a lot alts or not and hasn't class stacking been a thing since forever? I couldn't even imagine doing dailies on all the different classes every week even with the extra rep and valor across all characters now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    I blame CATA of this. I only had 1 Paladin tank for raids, but the endgame was really boring, that i had to do a lot of alts in order to try new classes and races to kill the boredom
    Call me crazy but I actually enjoyed how I could play every single class at the end of cata and actually get them geared.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Do you remember good old times when you had only 1 character and you cared for him, loved and felt him? These were the true mmorpg times. Today things are different, leveling is so quick and easy, entry point for dungens and raids is so low, BoA items and account wide achievments. Sometimes you are even forced to have multiple alts, because of extra gold, achievments or even raiding. This pretty much ruing whole RPG part of the game. You know the letter R - Role, you should just pick one and stick to it, thats what RPGs are about. Everytime I start an RPG game, I spend a good portion of time at character creation screen. Yes I know, we always create multiple alts even in classic RPG games, but you usually finish the game wih just one, maybe two characters, leaving others with very low levels, unless you are hardcore player of course. In WoW you can have easily top level of every class in a few weeks.
    I've said it before; The same folks complaining that everything takes too long in this game, or that they don't have enough time to play, are likely the same folks who actually play just as much as they used to, but are used to raiding and vp capping on multiple toons per week. (especially through Cata).

But WoW has never been a game that was designed to force a player to make a decision and stick with it.. and probably never will be.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Most alt un-friendly expansion with the focus on giving people something to do all the time on 1 character and you make this post?
    I think that was the same thought I had when I saw this topic.

alt focused? man i haven't had the time to enjoy a single alt yet...almost every week its monday night around midnight that I finally hit valor cap. mains take up too much time this xpac for casual players to enjoy alts and still try to get their valor set

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    alt focused? man i haven't had the time to enjoy a single alt yet...almost every week its monday night around midnight that I finally hit valor cap. mains take up too much time this xpac for casual players to enjoy alts and still try to get their valor set
    I capped 3 characters last week. Not sure why it takes you so long to cap. LFR, dungeons, scenarios. Lots of ways to cap even without touching a daily.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I capped 3 characters last week. Not sure why it takes you so long to cap. LFR, dungeons, scenarios. Lots of ways to cap even without touching a daily.
    Last few weeks ive only been giving wow an hour or so a day, which is generally either LFR and nothing else, or a heroic and a few dailies. Either way, even if I did only a heroic and a scenario every day, thats only 800-some valor over 7 days. So now you can be sure

Not really a complaint, just an observation. The game is less alt friendly now then it was in say, wotlk, when I would simply do a daily heroic every day on my main for a frost badge, and that would "cap" me for the week and I could enjoy some alt play. Now that valor caps on sunday or monday evening for the amount of time I spend on the game, touching alts is out of reach for me.

WoW is alt focused now? I didn't know a rep grinding bitch with 10M dailies was a friendly environment for alts. Guess I was wrong.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Last few weeks ive only been giving wow an hour or so a day, which is generally either LFR and nothing else, or a heroic and a few dailies. Either way, even if I did only a heroic and a scenario every day, thats only 800-some valor over 7 days. So now you can be sure

Not really a complaint, just an observation. The game is less alt friendly now then it was in say, wotlk, when I would simply do a daily heroic every day on my main for a frost badge, and that would "cap" me for the week and I could enjoy some alt play. Now that valor caps on sunday or monday evening for the amount of time I spend on the game, touching alts is out of reach for me.
    I am in the same boat but I am always valor capped by saturday morning because I get friday night after the kid goes to bed to get my game on til 4 am and then I sleep in late and the wife sleeps in late on sunday. This way I save lfr for friday and with 2 dungeon runs + dailies in 1 hour a day I am valor capped half way through friday night.

If capping valor is the only thing that makes a game "alt friendly"....then I think you are missing the point. There are a million other things that make the game alt friendly, and a majority of them have nothing to do with valor capping. I don't even cap valor on my main, and I'm having a blast raiding with my alts in MoP so far.

I think it's kind of sad that people's playtime seem to revolve around capping valor or rep. You all are missing so much of the game by focusing so hard on such a negligible part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Do you remember good old times when you had only 1 character and you cared for him, loved and felt him?
    Yeah, and I still play like that. I don't think this is an alt focused MMO at all, I'm having plenty of fun on my one character.

I love my main. I have a few alts between 80 and 85 (3). But my one true love always has been my paladin (/played 450 days). Doesn't mean that you dilute anything if you have alts though. I think it is good to have alts. Your understanding and expectations are better of the game/classes. It is easier to know if other players are good. Alts are good in WoW. But for my taste I play a lot more on one character. However MoP is pretty alt unfriendly concerning decking them out in epics before going to raids - LFR is far too random. I might be unlucky but sofar I got ONE upgrade from LFR and I have done about 8/10 LFR since MoP came out.