Ok. I am a 6 year old veteran of WoW and have also been playing GW2 and SWTOR since release. Each individual game has good points and bad points. Why don't developers realize this and make an ultimate MMO
Features of the Ultimate MMO.
- WoW's Lore/Story (Lets be honest, the Warcraft lore is 10x better than that of Star Wars or Guild Wars)
- WoW's combat system (Feels refined and smooth and has had 6 years for the developers to perfect it)
- WoW's PvE endgame (No other MMO in existence comes close to WoW's PvE end game)
- SWTOR's Questing Dialogue (The cutscenes where you can choose a response)
- SWTOR's Crafting System
- GW2's leveling system (The Personal Story and Dynamic events and heart quests)
- GW2's graphics and animations (The world and NPC/Character details are great, spell effects are good and the animations of the character are amazing)
- GW2's World v World PvP system (This is by far the best PvP experience I have had in any game to date)
- GW2's 5v5 Arena PvP
- WoW's Battleground PvP's
- GW2's Auction House/Black Market screen.
- WoW's Achievement System.
- GW2's Character Creation.
I love all 3 of these games but I have to admit, WoW is the best by a long way purely because all of the features it has got (PvP, PvE, Questiong) are good, some of them not as good as other but it doesn't have a stand out bad feature. It does some things amazingly well like raids etc and the things it doesn't do as well at (PvP, questing) still wouldn't be classed as terrible.
Guild Wars 2 has nailed Questing, Character Creation, PvP and graphics on the head. I would go as far as to say that GW2 has the best PvP and Questing (1-80 content) of all time however they can't touch WoW as far as PvE, Combat, Lore goes.
My dream is for BioWare, ArenaNet and Blizzard to team up for WoW 2. Let Arenanet create the base game and handle the World Creation, Graphics, leveling content, PvP (World v World or something similar and 5v5 arenas) and Character Creation. Let Blizzard come in and implement a combat system, PvE content, Battlegrounds abd the endgame in general then hand it over to ArenaNet so they can add voice over dialogue and a crafting system then hand the game back to Blizzard to take care of the Lore and the future endgame patches.
It pisses me off that I need to switch to GW2 for some solid PvP action then if I want to PvE or raid I need to log into WoW. I don't play SWTOR anymore because that game sucked at both PvP and PvE, the only things they did right was the cut scene questing and the crafting system.
Please for the love of god make a new MMO and don't try to copy WoW like Rift and Aion did. Take the best features from all 3 of these games and make a (One MMO to rule them all)
Oh and use the Talent system from GW2 and the Music/Soundtrack team from Blizzard who do an awesome job year after year with zone music.