gw2 , mmo scale diablo ?

I havent played it yet because its promised to be f2p but changed to b2p. I wont buy it before a free trial. It loooks it has hack and slash playstyle.Am I right?
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care if you are not going to buy it anyway ? And no, you are wrong.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    I havent played it yet because its promised to be f2p but changed to b2p. I wont buy it before a free trial. It loooks it has hack and slash playstyle.Am I right?
    Gw2 was never promised as f2p it was always b2p just like the 1st game, but for your answer its a lot similar to diablo more than most would like to admit.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Why do you care if you are not going to buy it anyway ? And no, you are wrong.
    i wonder , i wish i could try
    I Dont Read the signature rules

Show me an mmo that isn't hack'n'slash!

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Gw2 was never promised as f2p it was always b2p just like the 1st game, but for your answer its a lot similar to diablo more than most would like to admit.
    How is it similar to Diablo apart from being a RPG? Diablo is a hack n slash, isometric, action RPG and GW2 is a third-person MMORPG similar to WoW but with a stronger emphasize on PVP and a not so strong gear grind. In addition it has a more action/skillbased fighting mechanic where you can dodge a lot of attacks and everybody can everything to a certain extent.

As for testing the game before buying it. Look in the forums. There should be a thread where people can give a 14 days trial to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    Show me an mmo that isn't hack'n'slash!

Well for one, Warcraft isn't a hack 'n slash kind of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    How is it similar to Diablo apart from being a RPG? Diablo is a hack n slash, isometric, action RPG and GW2 is a third-person MMORPG similar to WoW but with a stronger emphasize on PVP and a not so strong gear grind. In addition it has a more action/skillbased fighting mechanic where you can dodge a lot of attacks and everybody can everything to a certain extent.

As for testing the game before buying it. Look in the forums. There should be a thread where people can give a 14 days trial to other people.
    people keep spouting that its not really true, its just an hybrid between standard mmo combat with some action combat with a huge emphasis on movement/kiting.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordrakan View Post
    Well for one, Warcraft isn't a hack 'n slash kind of game.
    The game where you advance by killing stuff, getting their gear to kill bigger stuff over and over again?

- Every game in the Guild Wars frachise has been Buy-2-Play. None are free 2 play or were ever promised to be so.

- Guild Wars as a series does share many similarities in combat mechanics and enemy nomenclature to ARPGs [the genre which is Diablo], yes.

However, I think you might be misinformed on a number of aspects.

I would advise reading any [all] of the following to start:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/manual/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

Also closing the thread as we have information aplenty on the game already. Not to mention numerous "free trial??" threads.

$60 video game. Buy it or play something else for the time being.

-- Fencers