1. #1

    gw2 , mmo scale diablo ?

    I havent played it yet because its promised to be f2p but changed to b2p. I wont buy it before a free trial. It loooks it has hack and slash playstyle.Am I right?
    I Dont Read the signature rules

  2. #2
    Why do you care if you are not going to buy it anyway ? And no, you are wrong.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

  3. #3
    Brewmaster Newbryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Leaving
    Posts
    1,339
    Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    I havent played it yet because its promised to be f2p but changed to b2p. I wont buy it before a free trial. It loooks it has hack and slash playstyle.Am I right?
    Gw2 was never promised as f2p it was always b2p just like the 1st game, but for your answer its a lot similar to diablo more than most would like to admit.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Why do you care if you are not going to buy it anyway ? And no, you are wrong.
    i wonder , i wish i could try
    I Dont Read the signature rules

  5. #5
    The Patient Poinen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    I havent played it yet because its promised to be f2p but changed to b2p. I wont buy it before a free trial. It loooks it has hack and slash playstyle.Am I right?
    Show me an mmo that isn't hack'n'slash!


    Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Gw2 was never promised as f2p it was always b2p just like the 1st game, but for your answer its a lot similar to diablo more than most would like to admit.
    How is it similar to Diablo apart from being a RPG? Diablo is a hack n slash, isometric, action RPG and GW2 is a third-person MMORPG similar to WoW but with a stronger emphasize on PVP and a not so strong gear grind. In addition it has a more action/skillbased fighting mechanic where you can dodge a lot of attacks and everybody can everything to a certain extent.

    As for testing the game before buying it. Look in the forums. There should be a thread where people can give a 14 days trial to other people.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    Show me an mmo that isn't hack'n'slash!

    Well for one, Warcraft isn't a hack 'n slash kind of game.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Newbryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Leaving
    Posts
    1,339
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    How is it similar to Diablo apart from being a RPG? Diablo is a hack n slash, isometric, action RPG and GW2 is a third-person MMORPG similar to WoW but with a stronger emphasize on PVP and a not so strong gear grind. In addition it has a more action/skillbased fighting mechanic where you can dodge a lot of attacks and everybody can everything to a certain extent.

    As for testing the game before buying it. Look in the forums. There should be a thread where people can give a 14 days trial to other people.
    people keep spouting that its not really true, its just an hybrid between standard mmo combat with some action combat with a huge emphasis on movement/kiting.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordrakan View Post
    Well for one, Warcraft isn't a hack 'n slash kind of game.
    The game where you advance by killing stuff, getting their gear to kill bigger stuff over and over again?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    I havent played it yet because its promised to be f2p but changed to b2p. I wont buy it before a free trial. It loooks it has hack and slash playstyle.Am I right?
    - Every game in the Guild Wars frachise has been Buy-2-Play. None are free 2 play or were ever promised to be so.

    - Guild Wars as a series does share many similarities in combat mechanics and enemy nomenclature to ARPGs [the genre which is Diablo], yes.

    However, I think you might be misinformed on a number of aspects.

    I would advise reading any [all] of the following to start:

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/manual/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tiated-READ-ME!

    Also closing the thread as we have information aplenty on the game already. Not to mention numerous "free trial??" threads.

    $60 video game. Buy it or play something else for the time being.

    -- Fencers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •