Whimsical Tinker Challenge

So if you haven't heard when asked about Tinkers GC responded with:
    Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.
    Come up with a Tinker idea that is "too whimsical for WoW".
    This idea must be more whimsical than a quest where you use a giant lizard to launch fruit from one farm to another, a quest where you have to give yourself a laxative to poop out some seeds, and the entire Goblin leveling experience from 1-20, which does have its darker moments but also involves using rocket boots to kill zombies and a giant turtle, getting a mountain giant to poop, hosting a party, stealing the Goblin Lisa, and helping prepare a rocket ship for a genetically modified raptor and her offspring.

None of those are classes. Look at the classes, and you'll see that a tinker isn't necessary a good fit for there.

You have the martial classes - Warrior, Paladin, Monk, Death Knight.

The arcane classes - Warlock, Priest, Mage, Shaman, Druid.

The outliers who are still home to the fantasy setting - Rogue and Hunter.

Could I see a version of a tinker that's more like Geralt from The Witcher, except with grenades and mechanisms? Yeah. But that's not the default, I think.
    Last edited by Woceip; 2013-08-23 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, after reading that did Teriz go and find the nearest bridge or something?

Honestly, though, I am relieved they said that. Tinker doesn't seem like a fitting choice for a new class, especially since there are really only 2 "technologically advanced" playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

Honestly, though, I am relieved they said that. Tinker doesn't seem like a fitting choice for a new class, especially since there are really only 2 "technologically advanced" playable races.
    dont worry teriz will just say "hes talking about other people clearly MY tinker idea is perfect without flaws and can transmogrify itself to fit any theme, race, class or idea ever conceived"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I just dislike that the idea has to be forced upon people if they disagree.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Tinkers are too whimsical but fatass drunken ninja pandas aren't?

Sure, I'll go full whimsical. Warning, anti-pandarians, you may want to stop reading here.

All crafted items are built on the spot and macguyvered together from dungeon or zone detritus and junk. They explode in a burst of confetti and local critters after they stop working.

Zone of Recycling: Anything that dies within this aura buffs the abilities of the next widgit created by the tinker. This makes them more likely to want adds killed rather than off tanked.

Rube Goldeburg finisher: at 25, 50 75 and 98% the tinker has a finisher ability that pops o[ for a short amount of time, hitting each one lets them drop a cage over the boss capturing him for later experiments.

Mount ally: While a widgit is in effect, the tinker can use a harness to ride on the shoulders of any nearby ally regardless of size.

I think that's enough for now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most things WoW related are whim and caprice.

10+ Year Old Account

You're relieved that he said the only thing holding back a technology class concept from being a good fit for WoW is its seriousness level?

I fail to see how Tinkers are too whimsical when the technology they would use permeates almost every element of WoW.

-Scarlet Crusaders with flamethrowers ✓
    -Robot scorpions in the Siege of Orgrimmar ✓
    -Shadow-Pan's heavy use of bombs against the Zandalar and the Thunderking ✓
    -Kor'kron's with machine guns ✓

Yeah, just too whimsical for WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I fail to see how Tinkers are too whimsical when the technology they would use permeates almost every element of WoW.

-Scarlet Crusaders with flamethrowers ✓
    -Robot scorpions in the Siege of Orgrimmar ✓
    -Shadow-Pan's heavy use of bombs against the Zandalar and the Thunderking ✓
    -Kor'kron's with machine guns ✓

Yeah, just too whimsical for WoW...
    Especially if you've ever leveled in the Goblin starting area where they pull weapons out of their ass every 5 seconds and have invisible rocket boots (bare foot racial). Most retarded "racial" to date. Pulling crap out of thin air would be 95% of what the Tinkers abilities would be. A tossed brew keg every now and again is one thing but most Tinker ideas that I've heard of in this forum revolve around this problem.

They are a class that mutliple races have: G'anarg, Mo'arg, Goblin, Gnome etc. But they are out of tune with most Magic based classes and obviously not Warriors being techies. Most players don't really know what they want and will sabotage the idea in these very forums before one good one will ever hit live. I'd love to see it happen but really doubt it with the ideas I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account

and both of them races are the joke races