10+ Year Old Account

windows 8 lagging bad

so its anyone having mysterious lag since installed windows 8 ?
    my net its fine so im left only to think that windows 8 its causing this lag since a heard some ppl having the same problems
    any help if you know something ty anyways

I've heard of a ton of people having issues with their games after switching to Windows 8. Honestly if its an option for you I'd say go back to Win7

10+ Year Old Account
    Why anyone is switching to Windows 8 on their own accord boggles the mind....worst OS created in a very long time....interface is terrible, functionality is less than that of its predecessor (win7). Of course this is only my own opinion.

Anyways, I agree with Marique. Windows 8 is a brand new OS, Warcraft and any other game have yet to be tested for comparability on it by the developers of these games. It's going to take awhile before the changes in the OS can be worked out (whether the issue be with the OS and its inability to run the games, or a combination of a change in the OS and something the games are trying to use in terms of functionality that no longer exists or was changed that is causing the lag in these games.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

I have Windows 8 and have zero issues. You say you have a problem with 'lagging' but that could be anything. A little more information on what the problem is could go a long way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed anything what so ever with Windows 8, and i have been using it since release.
    First off, exactly what kind of lag are you experiencing?
    And have you made sure you got the latest drivers installed for everything?

Edit:
    Also, could you give us the specifications of your computer? It could help a bit with finding a solution to your problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    net lag since i installed w8

I have no issues with W8.

Was strange getting used to it at first, but I'd say it's better than 7.

Deleted
    Did you install all the drivers from official parts websites?

Windows update is turd for driver updates as its usually outdated and missing important parts to make things work 100%.

Deleted
    I havent experienced more lag myself when i switched to windows 8 from windows 7, and as foil said, windows really sucks at drivers, so make sure you've updated those most of my components' drivers havent been updated to w8 yet tho.

Windows 8 actually boosts games' performance, and the metro-theme can be turned off easily.

OP: Post your DxDiag (.txt)

No problems whatsoever here, every game I've tried to date (with the exception of FC3 due to driver issues) has had absolutely no problems running on win8.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I've had no major issues since installing Windows 8. All my games are running fine or better than on the same platform running Windows 7. This includes stuff like WoW, SWTOR, Diablo 3, and Mechwarrior Online.

My advice would be get latest Graphics and Network drivers from the websites of your hardware vendors and update.

As an aside, I've found Windows 8 to have as much if not more functionality than Windows 7... And my kids love the new Metro interface and the games available from there. I'm running the platform both at home, and at work. Compatibility is generally excellent with a few rare exceptions (the version of Cisco VPN Client I was using didn't work, older VMware client has some minor issues with the Console which are fixed in the latest version).

The reason some of you might be experiencing lag is possibly because you have not changed your TCPAck registry keys back.