Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes, because finding a mass of rebel activity would be hard even for the likes of Google.
    Jeremiah Weed will be fine fishing and hunting and living off the land like it's 1870.

...until he contracts encephalitis from an amoeba and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yes, there would be a lot of casualties, but even if the death toll was 3 rebels per 1 soldier, they will still die long before we did.
    If you take afghanistan as an example, you are looking at far higher kill ratios then 3 to 1. I don't think the average gun owning american is any better at warfighting then battle hardended islamists. One estimate speaks of 30:1 in favour of the western forces(obviously).
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes, because finding a mass of rebel activity would be hard even for the likes of Google.
    From sats, where I live? Very easy. And google images are low rez compared to what the US has. But photo interp is fun, I do it all the time on google.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Jeremiah Weed will be fine fishing and hunting and living off the land like it's 1870.

...until he contracts encephalitis from an amoeba and dies.
    Eh, thats why you cook your food and boil your water....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Why do you think the military would back the government anyway? You are making more assumptions than you are saying I am.
    They kinda swore an oath to do just that.

Unless you somehow manage to get all these people active at once, it's going to be viewed and portrayed as domestic terrorism. Nothing gets 'ol John Q. Taxpayer all patriotic like the word "terrorism." It's a rallying cry for nationalism.

15+ Year Old Account
    well this has certainly gotten way off topic since last night
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Unless you somehow manage to get all these people active at once, it's going to be viewed and portrayed as domestic terrorism. Nothing gets 'ol John Q. Taxpayer all patriotic like the word "terrorism." It's a rallying cry for nationalism.
    You never heard the oath I take it. They swore to uphold the US constitution and defend us from all threats foreign and domestic. So attacking the US populace would actually be going against their oath as they are actually oath bound to defend us and the US constitution, even from our own government

You never heard the oath I take it. They swore to uphold the US constitution and defend us from all threats foreign and domestic. So attacking the US populace would actually be going against their oath as they are actually oath bound to defend us and the US constitution, even from our own government
    A person who has gone against the US in an armed rebellion is the very definition of a domestic enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    If you take afghanistan as an example, you are looking at far higher kill ratios then 3 to 1. I don't think the average gun owning american is any better at warfighting then battle hardended islamists. One estimate speaks of 30:1 in favour of the western forces(obviously).
    Actually, the islamists are easy to tell becasue they are the ones firing on full automatic and not hitting much while the US forces return fire with well aimed single shots. It was a transition that happened in the early stages of the Soviet-Afghan war, when the Afghans transitioned from using .303 Enfields to captured AKMs. As the number of good marksman decline, the need for the AKMs became greater, which didn't call for learning proper marksmanship. So, yes, a us hunter most likely IS more effective in a firefight than most Islamists, or so history shows.

A person who has gone against the US in an armed rebellion is the very definition of a domestic enemy.
    A government that attacks its own people and ignores the US constitution is the very definition of a domestic enemy, the rebel would just be a response to that enemy.

10+ Year Old Account

The US military isn't very inclined to shoot at Americans on American soil, studies have shown that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who constitutes the US? The government or the people?

10+ Year Old Account
    "a little rebellion now and then is a good thing" Jefferson

A government that attacks its own people and ignores the US constitution is the very definition of a domestic enemy, the rebel would just be a response to that enemy.
    They aren't attacking "it's own people." You forfeited your citizenship when you joined a paramilitary group engaged in armed conflict against the United States.

They aren't attacking "it's own people." You forfeited your citizenship when you joined a paramilitary group engaged in armed conflict against the United States.
    They didn't join a conflict against the United States, they joined a conflict against the government who is attacking the United States from the inside, there is a HUGE world of difference between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Who constitutes the US? The government or the people?
    I'm not a Constitutional scholar.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't join a conflict against the United States, they joined a conflict against the government who is attacking the United States from the inside, there is a HUGE world of difference between the 2.
    So, now in this hypothetical situation, the military is responsible for attacking first?

Keep moving the goal posts, maybe we'll wind up in another dimension.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a Constitutional scholar.
    "of the people, by the people, for the people"

"a little rebellion now and then is a good thing" Jefferson
    "Quotes are a shitty fucking argument"
    -Wells.

"of the people, by the people, for the people"
    That isn't a legal definition.

Also, the military oath doesn't say "defend the people."

So, now in this hypothetical situation, the military is responsible for attacking first?

Keep moving the goal posts, maybe we'll wind up in another dimension.
    Never moved the goal posts, you just refuse to accept they are there to begin with.

Never said who fired the first shot. Said that if the citizens of the US raise up against the government in force, the military are oath bound to defend them, not the government, which fired the first shot is moot.

Edit: We just got off topic from an already off topic post.... kinda funny when you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't a legal definition.

Also, the military oath doesn't say "defend the people."
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "Quotes are a shitty fucking argument"
    -Wells.
    It wasn't an arguement. It was just a quote.