Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I've climbed into my family's house through a window before when I didn't want to wake them up. Then again, if I'd known they were both packing guns and paranoid I wouldn't do such a thing I suppose.
    I had an old man with dementia enter my apartment a couple months back when he forgot which one was his.

Because trespassing doesn't carry the death penalty.
    No one said anything about killing someone because they broke into your house. The death penalty is irrelevant.

And you're a sociopath if you kill someone for trying to run off with your TV.
    1. Not all intruders are there to run off with your TV.

2. It's sociopathic for someone to break into my house to steal my TV in the first place. It's not sociopathic to defend myself and my property with lethal force.

Its kind of sad you're still acting like you need those laws to legally defend yourself.
    I'm not acting like 'castle doctrine' or 'stand your ground' are necessary to defend yourself. I'm pointing out that 'duty to flee' makes it impossible to justify self defense unless you've already suffered harm and have no option to flee. I'd rather not wait until someone is injured or dead to react to a violent intruder.

No one said anything about killing someone because they broke into your house.
    ......you are reading the thread right?

I mean I can't even make it through the rest of your post at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I had an old man with dementia enter my apartment a couple months back when he forgot which one was his.
    And you didn't shoot him? You could be dead right now Wells! Dead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    2. It's sociopathic for someone to break into my house to steal my TV in the first place.
    Not really.

......you are reading the thread right?
    You keep throwing out phrases like 'death penalty' and 'judge, jury, executioner' as power words to make your point. None of those terms apply to a situation where an intruder breaks in.

Whether or not someone dies from gunshot wounds is entirely dependent on where they were hit, how many times they were hit, and how long before they were given medical treatment after being hit.

You're oversimplifying the issue here. No one is talking about hearing a noise, walking downstairs, and shooting the first person they see. That would be unreasonable, irrational, and irresponsible. What we are trying to discuss, is whether or not it's appropriate to shoot an intruder, someone you've already established as a threat to your property and/or safety.

You've already established that you don't care about your property. If someone wants to walk in and take your TV, you'd let them have it. What I want to know from you is this: why do you think it's okay to let an intruder into your home and just do whatever he wants? Guy comes in and starts raping your cat, you just going to let him do it as you run out the back and call the cops?

Where's the line for you? How bad does an intruder have to behave before you would consider shooting him? (note that shooting someone does not necessarily lead to death).

Not really.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sociopath

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep throwing out phrases like 'death penalty' and 'judge, jury, executioner' as power words to make your point. None of those terms apply to a situation where an intruder breaks in.

Whether or not someone dies from gunshot wounds is entirely dependent on where they were hit, how many times they were hit, and how long before they were given medical treatment after being hit.
    I just want to address this point. If you use a gun, you shoot to kill. This has been repeated over and over again by people making the argument that they will shoot intruders. So don't say that you're not going to try and kill the guy. You would probably aim for the chest, since that's the biggest target, and you would probably hit something important. And if you're shooting to kill - like people are saying they will - then you're not going to be in a rush to get them medical attention since they're a worthless piece of shit that deserves to bleed out for having entered your house unlawfully.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alzheminers disease man did a few years ago here.

Difference is though, my dad noticed our cocker spaniel growling quietly upstairs. And judging from other times we had seen him riled up, we assumed that our dog spotted something wrong but didn't perceive it as a dire threat.

So he pocketed his firearm and investigated first.

In a thread about people bragging how much they'd kill someone who entered there house declaring no one is talking about killing people for breaking into their house strains them ind.

I just want to address this point. If you use a gun, you shoot to kill. This has been repeated over and over again by people making the argument that they will shoot intruders. So don't say that you're not going to try and kill the guy. You would probably aim for the chest, since that's the biggest target, and you would probably hit something important. And if you're shooting to kill - like people are saying they will - then you're not going to be in a rush to get them medical attention since they're a worthless piece of shit that deserves to bleed out for having entered your house unlawfully.
    Like I said, whether or not someone dies depends on where they were hit, how many times they were hit, and how long before they receive medical attention after being hit. It's more than possible an unarmed intruder would die within minutes from a single gunshot wound to the chest, before medical help can arrive. However, it's also possible that an unarmed intruder survives multiple gunshot wounds to the chest.

If I've called 911 about an intruder, chances are they are dispatching EMTs too as a precaution.

In a thread about people bragging how much they'd kill someone who entered there house declaring no one is talking about killing people for breaking into their house strains them ind.
    Really not sure how you can't make the connection here. You shoot them because they are an intruder, not because they broke in. Breaking in is just how they got inside the house.

Also not sure how you consider any of this discussion as 'bragging.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing things is not a sign of a Sociopath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Stealing things is not a sign of a Sociopath.
    Did you read the very definition? A person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. Loud and clear.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Did you read the very definition? A person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. Loud and clear.
    Stealing a television apparently doesn't display a lack of moral responsibility.

I hope you stood your mother-fuckin' ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, whether or not someone dies depends on where they were hit, how many times they were hit, and how long before they receive medical attention after being hit. It's more than possible an unarmed intruder would die within minutes from a single gunshot wound to the chest, before medical help can arrive. However, it's also possible that an unarmed intruder survives multiple gunshot wounds to the chest.

If I've called 911 about an intruder, chances are they are dispatching EMTs too as a precaution.
    I doubt that people in this thread would give the intruder that much courtesy. He deserves to die and should die. Doesn't matter who he is or what he's done, the instant they trespass they have forfeited their right to life.

Yeah, and sneezing can be a symptom of a fuckload of things too.

10+ Year Old Account
    He only lacks a sense of moral responsibility if he doesn't feel bad about taking the Tv. You are aware that some good people are forced to do very unsavoury things to live sometimes, hmmm?

I'd wager that most Thieves aren't the twirling moustache villains you think they are.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-08-22 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He only lacks a sense of moral responsibility if he doesn't feel bad about taking the Tv. You are aware that some good people are forced to do very unsavoury things to live sometimes right?

OH my god... No TV.

Im going to die!

10+ Year Old Account
    He only lacks a sense of moral responsibility if he doesn't feel bad about taking the Tv. You are aware that some good people are forced to do very unsavoury things to live sometimes right?
    It doesn't change the fact that stealing is both unethical and illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    OH my god... No TV.

Im going to die!
    Cute, but I'm sure you know what I meant. He could sell your TV and buy soup or candy. Maybe he has starving children. Think of their starving faces you monster!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I never implied it did. The only thing I'm implying is that thieves are not inherently sociopaths. If the thief knows it is wrong, he is not a sociopath.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-08-22 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That has no bearing on the post you responded to.