Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    How long until Feinstein points one of those at a room full of people?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Just picked up one of these babies http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11186264_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
    And yes that box is full of nails.
    You can clearly see the SS Totenkopf
    A weapon of hate obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Here's an interesting article from Harvard...

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

"The burden of proof rests on the proponents of the "More Guns Equals More Death" and "Fewer Guns Equals Less Death" mantra, especially since they argue public policy ought to be based on that mantra. To bear that burden would at the very least require showing that a large number of nations with more guns have more death and that nations that have imposed stringent gun controls have achieved substantial reductions in criminal violence (or suicide). But those correlations are not observed when a large number of nations are compared across the world."
    Essentially, their research concludes that there is no evidence that Gun Control laws actually reduce gun violence. Nations with incredibly strict gun laws also have very high gun violence statistics, while nations with very few gun restrictions have comparatively little gun violence.

When all you have is a hammer, all your solutions have to become nails.

Deleted
    Just picked up one of these babies http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11186264_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
    And yes that box is full of nails.
    What possible reason does a civilian need an assault hammer for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Makes nailing faster and more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    While it will count for less than 1% of all hammer crimes, we should prolly go ahead and ban it.

My Australian coworker has no idea why the USA doesn't regulate sales of ammo like they do guns. I had no answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    My Australian coworker has no idea why the USA doesn't regulate sales of ammo like they do guns. I had no answers.
    Same reason we don't regulate gas. And which part do you regulate? The bullet? The brass? The powder? The primer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Same reason we don't regulate gas.
    Yeah, false equivalencies aren't arguments.

Yeah, false equivalencies aren't arguments.
    I think what he's getting at is imagine if you had to fill out a 4473 anytime you had to either fill up or charge up.

That would mean writing everything down from first name, last, middle (or initial), suffix (if any), date, town/city, state, zip, current residence, height, weight, gender, race, ethnicity, are you a felon etc, etc. THEN the gas station would have to do their end of that same paperwork. If you don't have a CHL, great, now you have to wait for the gas station to call it in to the FBI (10-30 min wait).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I think what he's getting at is imagine if you had to fill out a 4473 anytime you had to either fill up or charge up.

That would mean writing everything down from first name, last, middle (or initial), suffix (if any), date, town/city, state, zip, current residence, height, weight, gender, race, ethnicity, are you a felon etc, etc. THEN the gas station would have to do their end of that same paperwork. If you don't have a CHL, great, now you have to wait for the gas station to call it in to the FBI (10-30 min wait).
    Or just swipe your ID the same way you have to for Sudafed or a can of compressed air.

Or just swipe your ID the same way you have to for Sudafed or a can of compressed air.
    You said " regulate sales of ammo like they do guns", to me that means copy the 4473 idea.

Never bought sudafed, or any drug for that matter, so I have no idea what the process involves. I get ID'd for ammo, because I'm not old

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    You said " regulate sales of ammo like they do guns", to me that means copy the 4473 idea.

Never bought sudafed, or any drug for that matter, so I have no idea what the process involves. I get ID'd for ammo, because I'm not old
    You're correct, I was mistaken. I meant just regulate the sale of, not in the same manner.

Thank you for pointing that out.

How would they regulate the sales of ammo?
    What would regulating the sales of ammo do/prevent?
    Why after going through all the headaches of applying for a firearm permit do I have to do it all over again for ammo, especially when someone could just make their own?

How would they regulate the sales of ammo?
    Probably the same way they regulate model rocket engines.
    What would regulating the sales of ammo do/prevent?
    Regulating it cuts down on crime. See Sudafed and Methamphetamine for example.
    Why after going through all the headaches of applying for a firearm permit do I have to do it all over again for ammo, especially when someone could just make their own?
    Yeah, because handing your ID to the cashier is a motherfucking pain.

Probably the same way they regulate model rocket engines.
    Regulating it cuts down on crime. See Sudafed and Methamphetamine for example.
    Yeah, because handing your ID to the cashier is a motherfucking pain.
    How much would this increase the price of ammo?
    How would it cut down on crime?
    Is there a huge black market for ammo? Are people physically addicted to ammo? Is ammo a drug? You are comparing it to a physically addicting drug you can make and sell for huge profits.
    I have no problem handing my ID to the cashier but it won't help deter crime.

How much would this increase the price of ammo?
    Negligibly.
    How would it cut down on crime?
    Is there a huge black market for ammo? Are people physically addicted to ammo? Is ammo a drug? You are comparing it to a physically addicting drug you can make and sell for huge profits.
    I have no problem handing my ID to the cashier but it won't help deter crime.
    Actually I was comparing the system, not the items themselves. Use your brain.

Negligibly.
    Actually I was comparing the system, not the items themselves. Use your brain.
    Those items use that system due to the facts I stated, ammunition is not even closely similar to an illegal drug.
    The key word is illegal.

Deleted
    Lack of ammo means lack of training, which is a very bad thing, the sensible thing would be a limit to how much ammo you can keep at home but unlimited ammo at the firing range if you use it there and then.