Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Whats right about living with a heightened state of fear, so much so that you need to arm yourself with lethal force for a midnight stroll?
    Depending on where you live it can be a valid concern. Your risk in Detroit is a lot higher than some generic small town

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Ask a military sniper how much weather factors in to their shot. I mean shooting in general, but sure, strawman me.
    Are you actually stupid?
    Ask a military sniper? What? Snipers shoot 500m+ when they take into account for environmental conditions. An archer need to take environment into consideration from 30m outwards. Jesus, you are just the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Depending on where you live it can be a valid concern. Your risk in Detroit is a lot higher than some generic small town
    And what's the reason for it? Oh yeah, criminality of gangs etc. using weapons.

Deleted
    I'm happy to live in country where guns are used almost exclusively for hunting or sport and you don't need to carry one just to feel safe in the street. Criminals will always have guns, but I'm more afraid of a random drunk person pulling a gun to prove his point.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Canada we just apologize that we left the doors locked if someone tries to break into a home and the door ends up being locked.

Tim Hortons is always open so we take them out for a coffee and some Timbits while both parties profusely apologize to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    And what's the reason for it? Oh yeah, criminality of gangs etc. using weapons.
    You know it wasnt safe when they used ropes and chains instead right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    I'm happy to live in country where guns are used almost exclusively for hunting or sport and you don't need to carry one just to feel safe in the street. Criminals will always have guns, but I'm more afraid of a random drunk person pulling a gun to prove his point.
    Acutally a good part of the criminals here try to not have a gun. Why risking 10 years prison for having a gun when you break into a place, than just getting 2 years for B&E.

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Because I've been robbed at gun point and it will never happen again.
    So this is an issue of emasculation then. You've been castrated once and now you want to kill a man. Had you had a gun when you had been robbed at gunpoint, what would you have done? You would either be dead or you would have made someone dead. Both realities I would rather not experience.

The problem with gun owners is that they're not limited to using their guns to defend themselves during robberies. Instead we have millions of idiots with "instant death finger" everywhere they please.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Simply put, it's much easier to wound or kill outright - intended or not - with a gun. Firearms superseded melee and older ranged weapons like bows precisely because it requires very little effort and training to point and shoot to eliminate your target. Make such a weapon widely available and what's not to fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurydemus View Post
    because it requires very little effort and training to point and shoot to eliminate your target.
    Ban assault crossbows, only Yeoman need weapons of war

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    In Canada we just apologize that we left the doors locked if someone tries to break into a home and the door ends up being locked.

Tim Hortons is always open so we take them out for a coffee and some Timbits while both parties profusely apologize to each other.
    TBH, he wasnt really breaking in to steal stuff, he was just borrowing some maple syrup, which he was going to replace in the morning.

because with gun u can pull the trigger on impulse then u cant take back what u have done

if u are going to kill somone with a rock based on impulse, chances are u will change your mind before u can even lift the rock

I saw this video the other day where these two drunk men were having a fight in a gas station. Nothing deadly, just people being angry and punching each other. Then the girlfriend/wife of one of the men walked up to the scuffle (both were on the ground entangled with each other) with a shotgun in her hands pointed at the man fighting her boyfriend, screaming at him to let go. The man froze, terrified, and the other guys watching the fight tried to back the lady up, who was trembling with a shotgun in her hands two feet away from her boyfriend's attacker. And yes, this was America.

This is why I am happy I don't live in the USA and why I think guns are ridiculous. Sure it's anecdotal, but you read stories EVERY SINGLE DAY in the news of people shooting each other for trivial reasons.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

You know it wasnt safe when they used ropes and chains instead right?
    Gang culture in Chicago etc. didn't appear out of nothing. Guess which tool is to be blamed for it.

As someone who does Archery, and has done Rifle Shooting before, you're clearly missing the point.

A bow takes time to ready, to draw an arrow and aim, and is no where near as accurate, fast or deadly. An arrow could of course still kill you, but a Rifle shot is much more likely to kill you because of the exit wound, something an arrow can't (really) do.

The difference with all your comparisons of Rocks, Bags, Sticks, etc... is that the Gun is an evolution of these weapons, it's the ultimate evolution of weapon. Weapons that are so lethal are of course going to panic a few people, and rightly so.

What concerns me the most is how this weapon has become part of our household life, it's a toy and there are replicas of it all over the place. Kids grow up with toy guns, thinking nothing of the idea of a weapon in their hands, and while other "tools" that are equally as deadly, such as Cars (Tons of Metal moving very fast powered by explosive liquid dinosaurs), they serve other purposes, while Guns are there purely to kill.

I'm not against Guns, I love shooting, but I am against Gun Culture. Why do we as a world think it's acceptable in this day and age to have military grade weapons in our homes? Sure, if you wanna go hunting, or protect your family, I understand, but you still don't need military grade gear to do that. Smaller Magazines, Lower Caliber and less Technical Attachments (Scopes, Weights, Etc...) would probably do a lot of places some good.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So this is an issue of emasculation then. You've been castrated once and now you want to kill a man. Had you had a gun when you had been robbed at gunpoint, what would you have done? You would either be dead or you would have made someone dead. Both realities I would rather not experience.

The problem with gun owners is that they're not limited to using their guns to defend themselves during robberies. Instead we have millions of idiots with "instant death finger" everywhere they please.
    Look... until you're in that position, where you honestly don't know if you're going to die or not, you simply don't understand. If I had a gun, I probably would have killed the guy and it would have been in self defense.

It's not about being robbed, it's about having no control of the situation to the point that you literally have no control over your own life. Just try and understand that and why someone would never want to be placed in that position again.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    TBH, he wasnt really breaking in to steal stuff, he was just borrowing some maple syrup, which he was going to replace in the morning.
    Yeah they go over that at Tim Hortons. Apologizing for the misunderstanding and such!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Gang culture in Chicago etc. didn't appear out of nothing. Guess which tool is to be blamed for it.
    Gang culture grew out of ethnic squabbles, your wops to your micks to your heebs. They were hitting each with chains if guns werent available.

Its not like holding a gun made them territorial out of nowhere.

I must agree with samthing above there.There is nothing more dangerous than,random guy or gal with a gun trying to show him/herself right and then shoot you in the street because proving to his/her point.

Long story short,people afraid of guns because people with a mental disorder or feel weak.Simply buys a gun and shoots innocent people to show himself/herself strong.Guns have categories of course,not only a pistol but shotgun,sniper rifle,assault rifle,shotguns etc.

If the person cannot control himself while wielding a gun,then he is a threat for all people equal as criminals.
    TBC syndrome, is the worst mental disorder in these days.

Ban assault crossbows, only Yeoman need weapons of war
    A crossbow-wielding lunatic wouldn't inspire the same degree dread as a crazy gunman. Plus how many crossbow-driven crimes happen annually anyway?

The original post isn't a pro-/anti-gun thread in any case. If people want to shoot themselves and others full of holes, that's their business.