View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
3249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,014 61.99%
  • No

    1,235 38.01%
  1. #22541
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Again my guns arnt made to murder, they are made for accuracy competitions. Sure they could be used for murder, but so can my computer monitor, my keyboard, my truck, my toilet.

    Just because you can kill people with something, doesn't automatically make it's sole purpose killing.
    No matter what you say guns are made by humans to murder other humans. Once again a monitor, keyboard, truck or toilet are not. You can shoot at targets all you want but guns are at there core made to shoot humans.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  2. #22542
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Pathetic. You pro gun nutjobs can never come up with any real excuses or reasoning so you revert to jokes.
    Its cheap, it tastes good, and its healthy. That shits pretty obvious.

    http://i.imgur.com/tXS0w76.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So shooting deers is not murdering the deer?
    So ban bows then while we're at it, cause that too is what their secondary purpose is for
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

  3. #22543
    Quote Originally Posted by hagima View Post
    So? That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Why? I thought I used a tool only made for killing? Yet, I still have not after pulling the trigger that many times. Wierd huh?

  4. #22544
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Yes, they're lethal. We know this. But so are knives, rocks, plastic bags, pillows and, in some movies... psycho rabbits (unless you have a holy hand grenade). Honestly though, what is the issue here? It's a projectile the same as an arrow just at a... slightly (okay, more than slightly) higher speed and/or rate of fire. People act as if the gun itself is the root of all evil... it's an inanimate object.

    I think it basically comes down to the fact that people are so willing to trade away any sense of freedom in the name of a false security. I will never understand why people continue to put so much faith in Government when it never has and never will be able to protect you. We should be teaching people how to protect themselves while advocating responsible ownership of firearms.

    I never want to be in a situation where I'm unable to defend myself or my family because Government (or society for that matter) dictates that I ring the police and wait 15-45 minutes for a response. It's irresponsible, juvenile and at the end of the day, stupidity. And yet I'm the paranoid guy when half of society is walking around afraid of their own shadow?
    There is no need to own a gun, no need at all unless you live in the middle of no where and expect nightly attacks by packs of rabid wolves.


    If you own a gun, you can guarantee anyone less law abiding owns one to, it ups the ante and means people carry guns out of necessity or perceived necessity.

    There is no reason to own a gun other than to kill people. Thats it, thats all they do. there is no practical use, there is no job made easier with a gun other than murder.

    I dont fear guns, I dont live in fear of people shooting me, why? because guns are not prevalent in my society. are Americans naturallly more homicidal than europeans? I doubt it, and yet the number of murders is massively higher in the country with gun ownership....wonder why?
    capitalism works you say?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/inequ...u-think-2013-3
    Want to try again?

  5. #22545
    Having a gun will probably give you the thought that you got some kind of power.
    You don't like a guy?.....He won't be there for any longer.

    And if you didn't know..there are some insane people out there.

  6. #22546
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    So ban bows then while we're at it, cause that too is what their secondary purpose is for
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  7. #22547
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland/England/Wherever
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why do you even need to hunt?
    Shooting things with weapons has never been hunting, it's target practice.
    Hunting is going after something with weapons equatable to it's own methods of defense, and bettering it.

    Face it, guns and hunting are simply American means of stroking their own egos while suppressing their own desire to kill their fellow man.

  8. #22548
    Times like this I love my state. In WA you don't need a permit to open carry, only conceal

    Crazy how our gun murders per 100,000 are so low comparatively, isnt it

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vio...tates_by_state

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    As I pointed out earlier, the only reason the brit peasants didnt get fucked over like the french peasants is cause they all knew how to use them during the riots. Funny stuff

    Ban Assault Crossbows
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

  9. #22549
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Why? I thought I used a tool only made for killing? Yet, I still have not after pulling the trigger that many times. Wierd huh?
    So? Does not make it any less dangerous? What kind of argument is that?

  10. #22550
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Its cheap, it tastes good, and its healthy. That shits pretty obvious.

    http://i.imgur.com/tXS0w76.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -



    So ban bows then while we're at it, cause that too is what their secondary purpose is for
    Yes, exactly. Is it too hard to realize that anti-gun people in 99% of the cases don't want to ban guns but to regulate them? Everyone could agree that you could keep your god damn guns for sport/hunting purposes when you store them correctly. That's exactly what is done in most of Europe and it only has upsides.

    Well, if you overlook the moron statement "but I need to defend myself from my governemnt!" *throws tantrum*

  11. #22551
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No matter what you say guns are made by humans to murder other humans. Once again a monitor, keyboard, truck or toilet are not. You can shoot at targets all you want but guns are at there core made to shoot humans.
    I think we can agree to disagree, you obviously miss the point, a gun is a tool, yes it can be used for killing but that is not it's sole purpose anymore. We cant argue with your type because all you do is stick your fingers in your ear and yell "LALALALALA". Your complete refusal to look at it from any other point of view, even if you don't agree with it, shows that you are oblivious to anything other than what mass media tells you on the TV.

  12. #22552
    Fluffy Kitten Wikiy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Posts
    5,102
    It's very simple. Because their only purpose is to kill people. Even if we're talking about self defense, most people are going to use them to kill people. I don't have to have anything to do with them and I don't want to. There's a pretty big difference between being passively negative towards guns and being the same towards knives. Knives don't have a sole purpose to kill people. However, when I see someone, like a friend, take out a Swiss knife and pretend they're carrying it around as a self-defense measure, I get equally upset. I don't want anyone around me to be armed with a lethal weapon. At home they can do whatever the hell they want, but the public is a different matter.

    Oh, OP, another reason why I'm antagonistic towards guns is because the US has a pretty big history of school shootings and the like and I can't remember the last time I saw one of those mass murderers who wasn't massively exposed to the gun culture. You know what the gun culture's like in my country? It's not non-existent. It's negative. When I accidentally found my dad's gun in the garage while looking for some ping-pong balls, I didn't go: "Oh, this looks fancy." I wasn't one bit interested. I felt like I had committed a crime by simply finding that thing there.

    So yeah, I'm afraid to say, but your Constitution has some pretty gigantic flaws in it. Like the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment is what led to the gun culture and that's what leads to the school shootings.

  13. #22553
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Yes, exactly. Is it too hard to realize that anti-gun people in 99% of the cases don't want to ban guns but to regulate them?
    this thread man
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

  14. #22554
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    That's bullshit, There is plenty of reason to own a bow, because target shooting IMO is fun, Just because you don't want to use it to kill with, doesn't mean you have no reason to own one, Weapons are a HUGE part of our world history, the world has changed many times because of them, and thus people have an interest in them, there is nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  15. #22555
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I think we can agree to disagree, you obviously miss the point, a gun is a tool, yes it can be used for killing but that is not it's sole purpose anymore. We cant argue with your type because all you do is stick your fingers in your ear and yell "LALALALALA". Your complete refusal to look at it from any other point of view, even if you don't agree with it, shows that you are oblivious to anything other than what mass media tells you on the TV.
    WHAT SOLID REASON YOU HAVE TO OWN A GUN. JUST GIVE ME ONE! FUCKING ONE! There is not one logical reason.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  16. #22556
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    WHAT SOLID REASON YOU HAVE TO OWN A GUN. JUST GIVE ME ONE! FUCKING ONE! There is one logical reason.
    Hobby /10char

  17. #22557
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    this thread man
    I had Airwaves in my mind, this is why I said 99%. Wasn't it obvious enough?

  18. #22558
    Quote Originally Posted by hagima View Post
    So? Does not make it any less dangerous? What kind of argument is that?
    He was refuting Airwave's comment how guns are only used to murder, not making the argument that guns aren't dangerous.

  19. #22559
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Hobby /10char
    No that isn't. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. There is zero reason a civilian HAS to own a gun.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  20. #22560
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I think we can agree to disagree, you obviously miss the point, a gun is a tool, yes it can be used for killing but that is not it's sole purpose anymore. We cant argue with your type because all you do is stick your fingers in your ear and yell "LALALALALA". Your complete refusal to look at it from any other point of view, even if you don't agree with it, shows that you are oblivious to anything other than what mass media tells you on the TV.
    Isnt the mass media telling you obama will come for your guns? And the right to have arms is so supercool?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •