Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Guns dont cause crime, people do.

Again guns are inert object they can't decide to go on a killing/crime spree.
    Do you deny that they can make a situation far more deadly?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Huh, okay. I'll concede that, however, I'll still make the argument that it's way harder to kill someone with a chainsaw than with a gun when he's at 20m distance, despite what Left 4 Dead 2 tries to teach us.
    Agreed /highfive

All aboard the crazy train time again another American upset about people wanting to take his guns away. Why is it I never see a post from an American demanding non lethal weapons for defence like taser or tranquilizer guns, every time it's I demand people let me have the right to kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Do you deny that they can make a situation far more deadly?
    Yes, but at the same time they can neutralize threat.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphol View Post
    Oh Im well aware of the statistics of using a weapon to defend home. Most of the calls we respond to for burglaries where the homeowner was home and armed go very, very bad for the intruder. The few that dont, have never had anything to do with the owner shooting themselves, its more like they were caught unaware.
    May I ask what kind of environment you're working in? Because I'm sure there are regional differences.

Deleted
    Ppl u really must use ur brain before answering a question.... using a knife to hurt requires skill using ur fists to hurt require more skill using a GUN require in comparison less skill give a gun to a baby and he also can kill a man , give a knife to a baby and he cant do much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but at the same time they can neutralize threat.
    Wait, so you admit they can, or you deny they can?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Completely off topic but I saw an imdb link and it reminded me of the most ridiculous sounding film I've ever found in there and I wanted to share it with you guys.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116791/

Less ridicolous than the Story of ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hires View Post
    Ppl u really must use ur brain before answering a question.... using a knife to hurt requires skill using ur fists to hurt require more skill using a GUN require in comparison less skill give a gun to a baby and he also can kill a man , give a knife to a baby and he cant do much.
    Why are you afraid of Handgrenades you should be afraid of Bathtubs.

Quote Originally Posted by dallk View Post
    I can't believe this is even a debate, geez..

I unbelievable happy I live in Sweden and don't have to put up with this kind of crap..
    i know what you're saying. i live in europe an i am very happy that we do not have this wild-west mentality over here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Wait, so you admit they can, or you deny they can?
    Both? Yes a gun can be used to make a crime worse, but at the same time a gun can be used to stop a criminal from causing more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    All aboard the crazy train time again another American upset about people wanting to take his guns away. Why is it I never see a post from an American demanding non lethal weapons for defence like taser or tranquilizer guns, every time it's I demand people let me have the right to kill people.
    To be fair, the US are the ones that started tazering people instead of shooting them. The British have copied that and it hasn't even carried over to continental Europe, as far as I'm aware.

Deleted
    Ppl u really must use ur brain before answering a question.... using a knife to hurt requires skill using ur fists to hurt require more skill using a GUN require in comparison less skill give a gun to a baby and he also can kill a man , give a knife to a baby and he cant do much. .

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...229443731.html

gee, imagine what he could've done if he had a gun! oh wait, he didn't need it.

Well, it's interesting situation in a country that has a stand-point like Australia

Shootings / Drive by's are on the up, most "serious" criminals have access to firearms...

So we have this situation where us common folk have no "true" security and is illegal to consider, other than hiding and phoning the police and hoping the guy with the gun doesn't do 'X', not having the option to defend yourself is quite annoying to think about, sure it's pretty rare here to be in said situation, but it's only going to get worse and more frequent

Is legalizing a "controlled" gun supply to common folk an answer? Who knows, i don't think it's necessary right now, but one day it probably will be a serious consideration assuming statistics keep going as they are

And yes iv'e always thought that if a guy wanted to go on a killing spree, the inability to obtain a gun is not going to set him back in his tracks that much.. It is stupid to blame guns for that

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...229443731.html

gee, imagine what he could've done if he had a gun! oh wait, he didn't need it.
    Crazy is going to crazy regardless of the implement. I'm a law abiding citizen that follows the proper channels with my firearms and is trained to use them in defense of my person or property, or at a range for sport. Anyone that wants to mess with that can $^%& right off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    purposefully missing the point so you can do an 'eyeroll', 10+ internet points. If you honestly think gov'ts around the world don't spy on each other, you may want to pull your head out of whatever hole it is in. And yes, other gov'ts are jealous of US capabilities, and it is a safe assumption if they had an NSA capable spy agency in Brazil, Germany, etc...they'd use it against other leaders.
    jealous yes, thats exactly the word governments are. What are you? 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihs View Post
    Is legalizing a "controlled" gun supply to common folk an answer? Who knows, i don't think it's necessary right now, but one day it probably will be a serious consideration assuming statistics keep going as they are
    I wonder why guns are on the decline in Europe while they seem to be on the rise in Australia/America... it really baffles me. Apparently, we're doing something really, really right, but I don't see what, except that we heavily regulate gun circulation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both? Yes a gun can be used to make a crime worse, but at the same time a gun can be used to stop a criminal from causing more damage.
    So the extremely high levels of murder present in the US as compared to other countries are worth it so long as our overall crime level is slightly lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    May I ask what kind of environment you're working in? Because I'm sure there are regional differences.
    Eh its kind of hard to explain. Its part of a metropolitan area.....the county is sandwiched between 2 growing cities, with one having one of the worst Army bases in the country in it. Its more rural, but also carries an interstate used to transport drugs, and god only knows what else from Florida to NY.

BTW I read your paragraph about why you dont like firearms, and it makes sense. Like I said in my initial comment on this thread gun control/disarmament is a slippery slope, and disarming any one country will not do. For any sort of peace to come about it needs to be a worldwide disarmament. I highly doubt that will happen though, this isnt Hello Kitty Island Adventure. :P Also look at it from our PoV, this country (US) is a shithole, and we want to imagine something gives us security.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    places where people who have no business with guns can get at them
    So... welcome to the United States...