View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
3483. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,145 61.58%
  • No

    1,338 38.42%
  1. #2461
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hasn't stopped religions from following books that were written two thousand years ago.
    Your comparison of religion and a lot of American's thoughts on the second amendment and founding fathers is rather apt, in my eyes.

  2. #2462
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So what's an arbitrarily safe number? 5? 10? 15?

    Do you even realize how stupid and flimsy your position is?
    5-10 is a great number. Forces you to carry less instead of 30 in one go. "The magazines will be smaller so you could carry more" they're bulky regardless and take up space" Yes you Could carry 2 30 round magazines, and conceal them fairly well, but 12 5 round magazines may show, same with 10, and plus the reload time, while removing a magazine and putting one in isn't hard, going through your pockets to get one more often slows you down.

  3. #2463
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You miss understood him, he strictly talks about the 2nd amendment, and why it is outdated, in which case, he is right. The world was lot different then than now
    I did not misunderstand him one bit, he's saying that because he doesn't agree with it and its meaning that its outdated. I on the other hand disagree. I contend that if one is outdated, then they ALL are outdated. period.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-12-20 at 09:28 AM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  4. #2464
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    And I contend that if one is outdated, then they ALL are outdated. period.
    Your contention is illogical, since the reasons the second amendment was created literally does not exist.

  5. #2465
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I did not misunderstand him one bit, I contend that if one is outdated, then they ALL are outdated. period.
    Well, i don't think all of them are, i'm no prof of this topic, i cannot really go into a good debate, but if you think so, then it should be changed indeed, either all of them or the ones which are outdated
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  6. #2466
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hasn't stopped religions from following books that were written two thousand years ago.
    Actually, Christianity has been change quite a bit. Unwed Mothers are welcome in church for example. Religion has changed an adapted over time, however in the end it really is apples vs oranges.

  7. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So what's an arbitrarily safe number? 5? 10? 15?

    Do you even realize how stupid and flimsy your position is?
    How many bullets in a clip is enough to defend yourself? At what point does a clip become effective for self defense, and at what point does it become more about being able to shoot a bunch of people without reloading?

    The bill states 10, and it seems like a good maximum to me.

    But go ahead and keep using personal attacks to defend your position, it makes it seem very strong when your ability to back it up is name calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm probably the nicest person on this whole damned forum, and you can make a sig from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Just have a sig that says "I'm Batman."

  8. #2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I did not misunderstand him one bit, he's saying that because he doesn't agree with it and its meaning that its outdated. I on the other hand disagree. I contend that if one is outdated, then they ALL are outdated. period.
    and you fail to see why this is just a stupid argument... if one green fruit is an apple, every green fruit therefore must be apples!

    how you are able to compare freedom of speech with not only machinery that developed through the years but also a country that developed is beyond my understanding, i fear i´m missing something
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and i will be remembered forever as the pants hat glove shoes naked guy from vienna

  9. #2469
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Your contention is illogical, since the reasons the second amendment was created literally does not exist.
    Thank you for your commentary, now, question, are you willing to give up your right of free speech to take my right to bear arms?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 03:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and you fail to see why this is just a stupid argument... if one green fruit is an apple, every green fruit therefore must be apples!

    how you are able to compare freedom of speech with not only machinery that developed through the years but also a country that developed is beyond my understanding, i fear i´m missing something
    You are missing something, and until you find it then you are on your own....

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  10. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Thank you for your commentary, now, question, are you willing to give up your right of free speech to take my right to bear arms?
    What an utterly ridiculous question...

  11. #2471
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hasn't stopped religions from following books that were written two thousand years ago.
    sooooo the constitution is a religion, something you have to believe in to make it real? sweet

    i declare my propperty mayhemstate, install my own money, and shoot at whoever the fuck crosses the borders, because i don´t believe in the constitution

    comparing bananas with icecreamtrucks is fun
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and i will be remembered forever as the pants hat glove shoes naked guy from vienna

  12. #2472
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Thank you for your commentary, now, question, are you willing to give up your right of free speech to take my right to bear arms?
    What right to bear arms? The only right assured in the second amendment is that the federal government will not prevent the states from raising, training, and arming a militia should it be necessary.

  13. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Thank you for your commentary, now, question, are you willing to give up your right of free speech to take my right to bear arms?
    See, this is one of the biggest forms of proof that you do not understand what I'm speaking of. I don't want to take your right to bear arms away form you, I want you to bear arms that are suitable for Hunting. Hunting Rifles/Shotguns are more than you need. You do not need Handguns or Automatic weapons and in my opinion you do not even need semi-auto weapons.

    This is the biggest issue with the Pro Gun group, you automatically assume anyone against the second amendment is purely against guns as a whole, that isn't true and we aren't trying to take anything away from you, just portions of it. Just like some speech is not part fo your freedom of speech like hates peech.

  14. #2474
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    See, this is one of the biggest forms of proof that you do not understand what I'm speaking of. I don't want to take your right to bear arms away form you, I want you to bear arms that are suitable for Hunting. Hunting Rifles/Shotguns are more than you need. You do not need Handguns or Automatic weapons and in my opinion you do not even need semi-auto weapons.

    This is the biggest issue with the Pro Gun group, you automatically assume anyone against the second amendment is purely against guns as a whole, that isn't true and we aren't trying to take anything away from you, just portions of it. Just like some speech is not part fo your freedom of speech like hates peech.
    Actually, I understand you quite well. You just dont realize it.

    Question, sir, 'I want you to', is you trying to enforce your will on me. Correct? 'we aren't trying to take anything away from you just portions of it'? Really? If you are trying to take away part of it then in fact, you ARE trying to take something, Yes?

    Let's try a simple exercise, you dont NEED a cell phone, because too many folks are using them while driving and they end up killing folks. So the solution is banning cars or cell phones, right? But you say, 'you cant ban my cell phone I NEED it.' So I'll say, 'I want you to use a phone that doesn't allow you to cause the deaths of innocent people, thats all I'm saying'.

    Or, lets go with banning cars because drunk drivers kill far more people than guns do in any given year, or at the very least mandatory breathalyzers. So lets put breathalyzers in ALL cars, because you never know when a drunk is gonna get behind the wheel of YOUR car... and you have to have a breathylzer installed to prevent them from taking your car and injuring or killing someone.

    Starting to see the slippery slope you are trying to create?

    And before you accuse me of being silly, stupid, uninformed or anything else insulting or offensive, I'll just point out that your logic about gun rights seems as flawed to me as you'll accuse me of being.

    and while you are at it, you dont have a 'right' to drive, its a privledge, you dont have a 'right' to a cell phone.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-12-20 at 10:17 AM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  15. #2475
    The Patient Eisaderfrau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cali / No. Carolina USA
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    See, this is one of the biggest forms of proof that you do not understand what I'm speaking of. I don't want to take your right to bear arms away form you, I want you to bear arms that are suitable for Hunting. Hunting Rifles/Shotguns are more than you need. You do not need Handguns or Automatic weapons and in my opinion you do not even need semi-auto weapons.

    This is the biggest issue with the Pro Gun group, you automatically assume anyone against the second amendment is purely against guns as a whole, that isn't true and we aren't trying to take anything away from you, just portions of it. Just like some speech is not part fo your freedom of speech like hates peech.
    Who are you to tell me that I should only have guns for hunting? You have no right to tell me that I should have X acceptable weapon for hunting but not Y. Automatic weapons are already illegal for the average person. But a handgun? I sleep with one next to my bed for security, along with a shotgun in my closet. This is a perfectly acceptable use for a handgun. And my shotgun is a hunting shotgun and semi automatic so your comment about not needing semi-auto is also just foolish.

    The big issue is that our society now insists on blaming guns rather than people. Any ban that comes out of this is our kneejerk reaction to "DO SOMETHING!!!" when there are people in the world that are either evil or just snap. No amount of regulation will stop them. Take away the guns and watch them start bombing schools. Now if more people were armed, including school officials, and the media outlets didn't give a pathetic person a full week + of fame for his cowardly crime, a lot of this crap wouldn't end with 26 people dead.

    The day a gun jumps off the table on it's own and starts methodically killing people, I'll be fine with more gun control. But as long as a gun needs a human to pull the trigger, I'm not going to blame the gun for the actions of a human.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

  16. #2476
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually, I understand you quite well. You just dont realize it.

    Question, sir, 'I want you to', is you trying to enforce your will on me. Correct? 'we aren't trying to take anything away from you just portions of it'? Really? If you are trying to take away part of it then in fact, you ARE trying to take something, Yes?

    Let's try a simple exercise, you dont NEED a cell phone, because too many folks are using them while driving and they end up killing folks. So the solution is banning cars or cell phones, right? But you say, 'you cant ban my cell phone I NEED it.' So I'll say, 'I want you to use a phone that doesn't allow you to cause the deaths of innocent people, thats all I'm saying'.

    Or, lets go with banning cars because drunk drivers kill far more people than guns do in any given year, or at the very least mandatory breathalyzers. So lets put breathalyzers in ALL cars, because you never know when a drunk is gonna get behind the wheel of YOUR car... and you have to have a breathylzer installed to prevent them from taking your car and injuring or killing someone.

    Starting to see the slippery slope you are trying to create?

    And before you accuse me of being silly, stupid, uninformed or anything else insulting or offensive, I'll just point out that your logic about gun rights seems as flawed to me as you'll accuse me of being.

    and while you are at it, you dont have a 'right' to drive, its a privledge, you dont have a 'right' to a cell phone.
    there is no slippery slope, you believe the freedom to be able to drive drunk or text while driving is needed, it aint

    take away my cellphone while driving, i don´t care, make cars automatically change cellphones/smartphones to freespeach (is that correct?) and breathalyzers in every car, what have you lost? the freedom to harm people or make risks? yaay you have lost the freedom to act stupid, damn it, what a hell of a comparison you have here, so taking away some of the guns would take away the freedom of acting stupid? that´s ok with me
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and i will be remembered forever as the pants hat glove shoes naked guy from vienna

  17. #2477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    take away my cellphone while driving, i don´t care, make cars automatically change cellphones/smartphones to freespeach (is that correct?)
    Speakerphone or Hands-Free are what you are looking for there in english

  18. #2478
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Speakerphone or Hands-Free are what you are looking for there in english
    thank you
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and i will be remembered forever as the pants hat glove shoes naked guy from vienna

  19. #2479
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,951
    They should be illegal for the public and not sellable from any weapon store, but they should be available for collectors, maybe it's eaiser to just ban them for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  20. #2480
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    5-10 is a great number. Forces you to carry less instead of 30 in one go. "The magazines will be smaller so you could carry more" they're bulky regardless and take up space" Yes you Could carry 2 30 round magazines, and conceal them fairly well, but 12 5 round magazines may show, same with 10, and plus the reload time, while removing a magazine and putting one in isn't hard, going through your pockets to get one more often slows you down.
    You can easily fashion larger magazines from a couple of blanks and some springs readily available at supply shops everywhere in the country. Limiting weapons based on magazine size is honestly one of the stupidest things I've heard in years.

    Shit, even if you only had ten rounds in a magazine you could still tape magazines together and quickly reload - even as an amateur - essentially giving you a twenty round magazine. Experienced shooters can easily reload a magazine in less than a second... and this includes revolvers.

    It's like the people writing and supporting this bill don't really understand what guns are or how they work, they've only read Wikipedia and editorials.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    How many bullets in a clip is enough to defend yourself? At what point does a clip become effective for self defense, and at what point does it become more about being able to shoot a bunch of people without reloading?

    The bill states 10, and it seems like a good maximum to me.

    But go ahead and keep using personal attacks to defend your position, it makes it seem very strong when your ability to back it up is name calling.
    I am attacking your position and argument as being silly and pointless. I'm not making personal attacks. You should read more carefully, because there's a difference.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 04:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    They should be illegal for the public and not sellable from any weapon store, but they should be available for collectors, maybe it's eaiser to just ban them for everyone.
    Banning guns in America is ridiculous. It'll never happen; it's like locking the barn after the horse got out. I agree with better regulation and mandatory training and re-testing, but a ban of any kind?

    Absolutely ludicrous.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •