Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Yeah, you owning a gun is going to stop them dam commies getting in right?

Against civilians, yea OK as you allow others to have guns....not so important if every "Tom, Dick and Harry" can't either eh?

And Government.....yeah, let's try you versus the White House. Your gun, versus the Government's......No?
    Let's not start this again.

Vietnam - Bunch of rice farmers with assault rifles vs the full weight of the US. (Yes, they had help from China, but if there was a full-scale civil war, surely some nation would side with the rebels.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I own "big guns", yes. Because I collect service rifles.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 04:36 PM ----------

Honestly? I prefer using my SMLE .303 for hunting. Not up to a mad minute (yet) ;D
    I love my Lee Enfield no.4 .303, So far I have never missed a shot yet, dead within seconds no need for a secondary follow up shot. My Mosin Nagant is a close second though, so damn accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    response time of 911 roughly 15-20 minutes Response time of a 357 mag 1500 feet per second
    how about not letting them in? How much would a 357 mag cost?

Yeah, you owning a gun is going to stop them dam commies getting in right?
    His gun? No.

His gun plus the guns of MILLIONs of others just like him, most definitely. We have enough armed American civilians to completely overrun and wipe out any modern military on our own by shear numbers, it would take nuclear strikes and a scorched earth policy that takes them out with us to take us all out if we were motivated to fight to the death for a cause and that would end in a draw at best.

Against civilians, yea OK as you allow others to have guns....not so important if every "Tom, Dick and Harry" can't either eh?

And Government.....yeah, let's try you versus the White House. Your gun, versus the Government's......No?
    Again, you underestimate the shear number of what we have. And if/when the day comes where we have to overthrow our own government, we will want every single weapon at our disposal.

The more we are monitored and disarmed, the more danger we open ourselves up to from the ones who write our laws and the ones who pay them. If you ever read history, when a Tyranny comes along, on of the first things they want to do is disarm the citizens the oppress.

Deleted
    OK, enough. I get it, you lot like your guns. You don't like the random killings with them, but accept the fact they can happen because bad people have the same rights you nice people with guns do.

I have learnt what I wanted to learn, thank you.

I'm going to leave this thread now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I love my Lee Enfield no.4 .303, So far I have never missed a shot yet, dead within seconds no need for a secondary follow up shot. My Mosin Nagant is a close second though, so damn accurate.
    The SMLE, to my mind, is the best bolt action rifle ever produced. Mine is a '37 model and its action is still smooth as butter. (Then again, it's my baby so I maintain it constantly XD)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    response time of 911 roughly 15-20 minutes Response time of a 357 mag 1500 feet per second
    Exactly. Where I live now the crime rate is relatively non-existent. We've had one murder in the last 4 years.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    how about not letting them in? How much would a 357 mag cost?
    500-600 US dollars. Not quite sure about euros... maybe 425-475..? Something like that?
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, enough. I get it, you lot like your guns. You don't like the random killings with them, but accept the fact they can happen because bad people have the same rights you nice people with guns do.

I have learnt what I wanted to learn, thank you.

I'm going to leave this thread now
    yes because take the rights of all because of the acts of some is such a good thing to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    His gun? No.

His gun plus the guns of MILLIONs of others just like him, most definitely. We have enough armed American civilians to completely overrun and wipe out any modern military on our own by shear numbers, it would take nuclear strikes and a scorched earth policy that takes them out with us to take us all out if we were motivated to fight to the death for a cause and that would end in a draw at best.

Again, you underestimate the shear number of what we have. And if/when the day comes where we have to overthrow our own government, we will want every single weapon at our disposal.

The more we are monitored and disarmed, the more danger we open ourselves up to from the ones who write our laws and the ones who pay them. If you ever read history, when a Tyranny comes along, on of the first things they want to do is disarm the citizens the oppress.
    Sweet mother of mary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The SMLE, to my mind, is the best bolt action rifle ever produced. Mine is a '37 model and its action is still smooth as butter. (Then again, it's my baby so I maintain it constantly XD)
    I have a K98 with 3rd reich markings I want to try out next hunting season, heard anything about their performance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Exactly. Where I live now the crime rate is relatively non-existent. We've had one murder in the last 4 years.
    yeah this area is pretty crime free but im not blind to the fact that it could happen and hence why i have my sig loaded at all times in the house

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    500-600 US dollars. Not quite sure about euros... maybe 425-475..? Something like that?
    enough for a wireless alarm and a flashlight, or a brand new door.

If you dont like em, dont let em in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a K98 with 3rd reich markings I want to try out next hunting season, heard anything about their performance?
    Got one of those...in my opinion, the action isn't as nice as the SMLE, but it is quite accurate over range.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    His gun? No.

Hitler loosened gun laws, same with most dictators. What better way to maintain power yourself than give more power to the citizens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who got 3 of these today for $200? This guy. I need a new case though to hold them all with my Garands

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    enough for a wireless alarm and a flashlight, or a brand new door.
    Doesn't have to be a zero sum game. You can have both. I would suggest having both. Even if you keep the .356 locked in a safe, the new door and alarm will slow them down enough giving you time to get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Guess who got 3 of these today for $200? This guy.

A great rifle, you can run it over in a truck and it will still hit a target at 500 yards. My Lee enfield is my fave rifle, but if I have to live in the woods for years I would take the Nagant.

Sweet mother of mary.
    haha, why so serious? j/k

But seriously, I live in a place where, if you don't have a gun and others know it, you effectively open yourself up to being a target to many people and even though I am completely legit, it is easier to get an illegal gun even for ME than a legal one.

I have seen it enough times to know that most criminals have balls only as big as their perceived advantage. So when they are armed in an area where guns are seen as bad and no one has them, they are a kid in a candy store and act like billy badass. But when in an area where most people own a gun and they know they are able to fight back, their balls are effectively clipped and they turn pussy. That is why if you ever checked, the higher the number of legal gun owners in an area, the lower the overall crime rate is.

10+ Year Old Account
    A great rifle, you can run it over in a truck and it will still hit a target at 500 yards. My Lee enfield is my fave rifle, but if I have to live in the woods for years I would take the Nagant.
    True Brit huh?