Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    ok, so in what way are they comparable?
    You can compare any two things to each other. Even the infamous apples vs. oranges. They are both edible fruit that grow from trees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There. Fixed that for you.
    no, you didn´t fix anything, not every smoker get´s cancer, not everyone that´s eating much is obese, they however take the risk, like firearm owners do
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Lets punish
    Why are background checks viewed as punishment? Mandatory training. Why is that a punishment?

Makes no sense .
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the criminals causing that rate because laws don't apply to people who wont follow them. Lets punish the people NOT responsible, that logic. You must advocate all cars have a breathalyzer in order to start right? If not I don't understand your logic or lack of.
    you aren´t the only country that has weapons, here in my country we don´t have a ban on guns and guess what you can count the incidents that occur per year with firearms involved on one hand

- - - Updated - - -

You can compare any two things to each other. Even the infamous apples vs. oranges. They are both edible fruit that grow from trees.
    talk about keeping up with the conversation, in tinykongs words this would be pedantry or probably out of context, take your pick
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

you aren´t the only country that has weapons, here in my country we don´t have a ban on guns and guess what you can count the incidents that occur per year with firearms involved on one hand
    How many places in your country are like Chicago? How many ghettos filled with gangs do you have? It's not like people who go to the store pass a UBC and buy a gun are shooting it out in the streets. I don't even know what country your from but I know it doesn't have the demographics ours has.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

talk about keeping up with the conversation, in tinykongs words this would be pedantry or probably out of context, take your pick
    I'm not Tinykong.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many places in your country are like Chicago? How many ghettos filled with gangs do you have? It's not like people who go to the store pass a UBC and buy a gun are shooting it out in the streets. I don't even know what country your from but I know it doesn't have the demographics ours has.
    austria, but i guess you don´t know much about europe anyway, when the iron curtain fell guess where people went, you´re right, we don´t have ghettos, we have the mafia, or actually plural so it´s mafias

it´s like you have a black market for guns that no one can do anything about, so you might not try it at all, because what good can it do?

austria, but i guess you don´t know much about europe anyway, when the iron curtain fell guess where people went, you´re right, we don´t have ghettos, we have the mafia, or actually plural so it´s mafias

it´s like you have a black market for guns that no one can do anything about, so you might not try it at all, because what good can it do?
    We have the mafia also but they aren't the problem. Our major problem is drugs and gangs which thrive in ghettos but no one wants to talk about that because it's racist. Can't have an honest discussion without the PC police crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    lockedout.

Why are background checks viewed as punishment? Mandatory training. Why is that a punishment?
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    We have the mafia also but they aren't the problem. Our major problem is drugs and gangs which thrive in ghettos but no one wants to talk about that because it's racist. Can't have an honest discussion without the PC police crying.
    it´s a combination of problems, guns is one part of it, you can´t deny that, well you can but that would be dishonest

what exactly is bad about trying to get guns out of the hands of criminals, that it´s not even worth trying?

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    lockedout.

It's a punishment vis a vis it's an imposition against a protected right of the individual. A textual right, not one of a handful of implied or "penumbral" rights against which any comparable imposition or burden would have a lot of the gun control crowd (forgive the term) up in arms. A background check for criminal convictions is an imposition that can satisfy heightened scrutiny; a background check to see if you've ever seen a psychiatrist or psychologist is not.

lockedout.

I think UBC for sales taking place in a business is fine. Private sales should be just that, private.

Traditionally people don't like being told what to do, so mandatory isn't always a good thing. Now if you incentivized it with some type of tax break for people who did take the course, similar to a defensive driving course it would work better and you could also do the same thing with a gun safe. Someone buys a gun safe and sends in the receipt for some type of tax credit. Choice is usually better then mandatory.

Now if these things cost the owner money it becomes a problem because now not everyone can afford it, basically putting a tax on it which is infringement.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think UBC for sales taking place in a business is fine. Private sales should be just that, private.

Traditionally people don't like being told what to do, so mandatory isn't always a good thing. Now if you incentivized it with some type of tax break for people who did take the course, similar to a defensive driving course it would work better and you could also do the same thing with a gun safe. Someone buys a gun safe and sends in the receipt for some type of tax credit. Choice is usually better then mandatory.

Now if these things cost the owner money it becomes a problem because now not everyone can afford it, basically putting a tax on it which is infringement.
    that sounds reasonable, UBC could work in a similar way and would be no punishment but could help get guns out of criminals hands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It's a punishment vis a vis it's an imposition against a protected right of the individual. A textual right, not one of a handful of implied or "penumbral" rights against which any comparable imposition or burden would have a lot of the gun control crowd (forgive the term) up in arms. A background check for criminal convictions is an imposition that can satisfy heightened scrutiny; a background check to see if you've ever seen a psychiatrist or psychologist is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTUS
    Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose
    What were you saying?
    Eat yo vegetables

What were you saying?
    I believe he is saying medical records should be private unless you're a convicted felon that has demonstrated you're a threat to yourself or others. Not sure what the SCOTUS quote is in reference to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he is saying medical records should be private unless you're a convicted felon that has demonstrated you're a threat to yourself or others. Not sure what the SCOTUS quote is in reference to.
    The 2nd Amendment is not an unlimited right. What he thinks should be private is irrelevant.

A background check isn't a punishment, it's a restriction.
    Eat yo vegetables

so tell it to the other guy that demanded the numbers from me for no reason
    You mean yourself? Because you were bitching about this for several pages. Hypocrite?

context
    The population of the US is the context when you are talking about firearm violence on a national scale. Why is this so hard for you to figure out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The population of the US is the context when you are talking about firearm violence on a national scale. Why is this so hard for you to figure out?
    well you´ve shown that in your mind there aren´t any health issues that deserve to be labeled significant

btw do you have the numbers on gun manufacturers as part of the gdp in comparison to the costs yet?

The 2nd Amendment is not an unlimited right. What he thinks should be private is irrelevant.

A background check isn't a punishment, it's a restriction.
    It's not what he thinks, medical records are private.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not what he thinks, medical records are private.
    As in no one can see them?

I'm not sure why we're talking about medical records anyway. I'm referencing criminal background checks.
    Eat yo vegetables

As in no one can see them?

I'm not sure why we're talking about medical records anyway. I'm referencing criminal background checks.
    Should a criminal background check be able to access medical records?

- - - Updated - - -

well you´ve shown that in your mind there aren´t any health issues that deserve to be labeled significant
    Whee it's "let's just make shit up day" again.

btw do you have the numbers on gun manufacturers as part of the gdp in comparison to the costs yet?
    If you're interested enough, go figure it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.