Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Armed teen shot after trying to steal sunglasses from man with concealed carry license in Detroit.
    DETROIT (WXYZ) - Police say a 17-year-old remains in the hospital in critical condition after the young father he tried robbing shot him several times.

It happened late Wednesday afternoon near the corner of Warren and Grayton on the city's east side.

Angela Lanier tells 7 Action News her 24-year-old son Joe fired his gun when the teenager tried robbing him while he was sitting in his car. She says he was on the job as an exterminator when the teenager pulled a gun on him for his sunglasses.

Joe Lanier says, "The boy tried to rob me, and I shot him. That's what happened."
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...ied-to-hold-up

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Joe Lanier says, "The boy tried to rob me, and I shot him. That's what happened."

This is sort of the point though. This is this gross assumption of intent. There aren't any official numbers so let's not pretend. What we do know is that often killings happen over robbery. Was it the intent of the robber to do so from the start? Who knows. I'd wager that such a question could never really be substantially answered. Never the less, just because the "intent" is to rob you doesn't mean that killing you isn't on the table as well. I've heard and read several accounts of how the killers just "decided" it was better to not have a witness when it was all said and done because they didn't conceal their face and didn't want to risk being identified.

I'm truly fucking tired of people blabbering on about how "they only want your TV." You know what they also want? They also want to get away with your TV and never have to answer for stealing it.

What I believe is probably the biggest source of conflict between the two ideologies from my brothers and sisters in Europe over this matter might best be illustrated in the following....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/op...n-prisons.html

Our criminals would rather kill you than go to our private prisons. That's basically the sum of it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armed teen shot after trying to steal sunglasses from man with concealed carry license in Detroit.
    DETROIT (WXYZ) - Police say a 17-year-old remains in the hospital in critical condition after the young father he tried robbing shot him several times.

It happened late Wednesday afternoon near the corner of Warren and Grayton on the city's east side.

Angela Lanier tells 7 Action News her 24-year-old son Joe fired his gun when the teenager tried robbing him while he was sitting in his car. She says he was on the job as an exterminator when the teenager pulled a gun on him for his sunglasses.

Now if the guy had a crystal ball or could read the mind of the teenager, then maybe there would be no need to shoot him over his sunglasses. But that is the point. We do not know how far a criminal is willing or will go when they pull a gun or knife on you or break into your home.

Does the law say I can shoot you?

If yes, then there is nothing further to discuss.

Don't like the law? Change it.

There are plenty of documented cased of execution after robbery. Is this a small percentile? Yup. Absolutely.

But fuck you, I'm not rolling the dice. YOU are free to make that choice however.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2015-09-04 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Does the law say I can shoot you?

If yes, then there is nothing further to discuss.

Don't like the law? Change it.

There are plenty of documented cased of execution after robbery. Is this a small percentile? Yup. Absolutely.

But fuck you, I'm not rolling the dice. YOU are free to make that choice however.
    But but he ONLY wanted his glasses...

#liberaldenial

Though, you do have to love the bullshit story. He just wanted a pair of sunglasses so he resorted to pulling a gun out to threaten and rob the guy. Yeah, I'm pretty fucking sure the "kid" is just another victim of discrimination by crazy gun-nuts.

I'm not going to get into liberal this or liberal that.

But literally fuck anyone who thinks I shouldn't have a choice when it comes to MY life. (or my family's)

I don't care how small the chance is. I drive with a seat belt on, I have two fire extinguishers in my house, I carry extra insurance on my home for the belongings inside, I have smoke and Co2 detectors in my home, I put my important documents and family heirlooms inside a small fire proof chest which is THEN put inside a larger fire proof safe, I try not to be outside in thunderstorms...

The list goes on and on.

In my 34 years I've never had to use a fire extinguisher, not had to make an insurance claim on a house fire. Let alone have a fire at all in my home. I've also never been struck by lightening.

You want to just give the robber whatever they want? Have at it champ. That is the awesome thing about choice, YOU are free to do that.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2015-09-04 at 04:33 PM.

I'm not going to get into liberal this or liberal that.

But literally fuck anyone who thinks I shouldn't have a choice when it comes to MY life. (or my family's)

I don't care how small the chance is. I drive with a seat belt on, I have two fire extinguishers in my house, I carry extra insurance on my home for the belongings inside, I have smoke and Co2 detectors in my home, I put my important documents and family heirlooms inside a small fire proof chest which is THEN put inside a larger fire proof safe, I try not to be outside in thunderstorms...

The list goes on and on.

You want to just give the robber whatever they want? Have at it champ. That is the awesome thing about choice, YOU are free to do that.
    I completely agree with you. At heart, I'm a liberal. But the current connotation of Liberal and Conservative are complete bullshit and misnomer. They are both akin of someone saying "he's a nerd" wtf does that even entail anymore?

My biggest complain, going back to what you just said, is the denial that "these people" (criminals) aren't victims who are apparently incapable of taking your life. I guess, all the murders in the US are committed by law abiding gun owners. Oh wait.

Can't make this shit up:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-who-shot-him/

Cliff Notes: Robber shot by homeowner, robber's family member comes to victims home to confront him about the shooting.

The burglary suspect was shot in the head after he and an accomplice kicked in a back door to the man’s Cutting Boulevard home late Wednesday morning.

Mulberry is a parolee who had a warrant out for his arrest.at the time of the burglary.
    The homeowner, identified only as “Harry” was later visited by on his front doorstep by a relative of Mulberry’s, according to police.
    “It’s an intimidation of a witness,” said neighbor Neil Swendsen. “That’s all it is, pure and simple.”
    The confrontation led police to station an officer at his home.
    - - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this is funny or not...

Cops fire 84 shots at robbery suspect, hit him once
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cops-fire-84-shots-at-robbery-suspect-hit-him-once-police/ar-AAdWWsv

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't make this shit up:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...-who-shot-him/

Cliff Notes: Robber shot by homeowner, robber's family member comes to victims home to confront him about the shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this is funny or not...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ice/ar-AAdWWsv
    With the anti-police attitude we are seeing now, they had to be extremely careful not to kill him or a stray bullet hitting a bystander. Maybe all those shots were because they had been trying not to kill him, but disable him with a leg shot? Which they did do.

Wasn't there an article last year about NYPD firing a bunch of shots near the Empire State Building and hitting something like 9 bystanders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Wasn't there an article last year about NYPD firing a bunch of shots near the Empire State Building and hitting something like 9 bystanders?
    Yes there was, I believe it was 13 bystanders hit. Problem is, most police officers simply cannot shoot. Now add to this the tendency to press the trigger until the gun is empty and also panic fire by other police officers and 84 shots and 1 hit are easily explainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

But... police are the only ones who should have guns.

I've been assured they are highly trained agents of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Yes there was, I believe it was 13 bystanders hit. Problem is, most police officers simply cannot shoot. Now add to this the tendency to press the trigger until the gun is empty and also panic fire by other police officers and 84 shots and 1 hit are easily explainable.
    This is due to a weird double standard. If a cop does the leg work to train, he or she can get labeled negatively in any shoot out. The media will say they were practicing in blood thirst. This bullshit happens to civilians too.

We law abiding gun owners know that having 1000 rounds of ammunition is nothing. Media reports "hundreds" (aka 206 rounds found) and the ignorant view thinks that's the owner was planning to take out an office building with each individual round being a potential individual target or victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    This is due to a weird double standard. If a cop does the leg work to train, he or she can get labeled negatively in any shoot out. The media will say they were practicing in blood thirst. This bullshit happens to civilians too.

We law abiding gun owners know that having 1000 rounds of ammunition is nothing. Media reports "hundreds" (aka 206 rounds found) and the ignorant view thinks that's the owner was planning to take out an office building with each individual round being a potential individual target or victim.
    What is it with all that leg shot fetish? I dont know any US police force practising that. They all go for shooting the center mass.

And there is a difference between having 1000 rounds and actually shooting 80 rounds at someone. The first one is nothing, the second one indicates you are really bad at shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

But... police are the only ones who should have guns.

The anti gun movement nonsensical argument about guns being only in the hands of professionals really does not need to be discussed, it is obviously wrong from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post

I love it when news reports say, for example: "Huge cache of guns and ammo" and it turns out to be like 1 rifle, 2 pistols, and a thousand rounds of ammo.

I literally have over 20,000 rounds of 9mm alone. Primarily because I reload as a hobby.

Some people collect clocks, some people collect beanie babies, some people collect rocks. I happen to make and collect ammo.

I can only imagine the creative description the MSM would use to describe my "vault".

Apparently not, at least not enough to keep a cool head with the amount of guns floating around.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://concealednation.org/2015/09/c...ullet-instead/

DETROIT, MICHIGAN — A 17-year-old boy is listed as being in critical condition after he tried to rob a concealed carrier at gunpoint. The event took place late Wednesday afternoon in Detroit’s east side. A young father who was working as an exterminator saw a teenager approach him and try to rob him for his sunglasses.

His sunglasses.

Not his wallet, not his ride, not his cell phone – his sunglasses.

Joe Lanier, 24, said to WXYZ, “the boy tried to rob me, and I shot him. That’s what happened.”

Police are still investigating because that’s the standard operating procedure but as we reported recently, there’s a rise in armed teen thugs looking to make a name for themselves by stepping up to strangers with guns. And what are they learning? Well, for those that succeed – they’re sure to learn it’s a great way to get what they want. And for this 17 year-old in the hospital fighting to hold onto life – he learned that it didn’t pay off exactly like he was expecting.

As we covered in a previous incident less than a full day ago – another teenager tried to rob a pizza delivery guy in Virginia only to find out the hard way that wasn’t going to work.

According to WXYZ, Joe Lanier has a legal permit to carry a concealed firearm in the State of Michigan and pending a ruling from the district attorney, the incident is expected to be ruled self-defense.
    kid got what he deserved glad this ended well
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    http://concealednation.org/2015/09/c...ullet-instead/

kid got what he deserved glad this ended well
    I posted it on the last page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yes rights granted by a constitution. See and that´s the difference, not even crimes you commit can give government the means to strip you of certain rights. Because these rights are unalienable! It´s quite interesting that people fight for their rights (like the 2nd amendment) when there´s already everything in place to strip them off these and all other rights.
    The only way to really have any right (but focusing on the 2nd Amendment here) stripped is to commit a felony. And I suppose to have some sort of mental episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is what really irks me about some states. They cannot out right ban guns, yet they are allowed to regulate them to the point it really hinders and discourages citizens from getting a permit. And in some cases they cannot because they do not meet the strict requirements for one. Or they make it financially hard to afford.
    Yep. Absolutely stupid. It's blatantly apparant what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    There doesn´t need to be an attack. You should be defending the rights you already have except you simply don´t care enough.

Just how cheap is a gun? If $180 is too much but the price of a gun is not? I mean they don´t get them for free? How do you feel about all of this being payed with tax money, to help the poor?
    I agree there doesn't need to be an attack. I've just been accused of only caring about the 2nd Amendment. Hence the remark.

Here is my problem with required gun training.

This is how it plays out in most states:

- attend course where you listen to someone speak for 8 hours, most of this is regarding laws of said state, very little is about safety
    - shoot at a target 10 yards away and prove you can hit it, doesn't matter if you can't hit what you are pointing at, just as long as the bullets hit the target

Ok then, here is your permit to carry a gun, oh by the way thanks for the manditory $100 you had to pay to take this class.

"Required Training" is nothing more than a revenue generator.

Oh lets not forget about the fee to actually get your permit from your county. $80 here in GA, then $30 every 5 years.

Sure to me its chump change, but...

It is a defacto-ban for poor people and that just isn't right. Poor people are generally living in the most shitty areas.

Do some of you realize most gun fees and gun control laws have their core based in racism?
    The course would have to be cheaper and a bit more intensive I think. And readily available any day of the week/weekend.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis