Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    its not even plausible IMO. now i grant you this is my take on this personally, BUT believe you kind of have to be a pro gun for the most part to understand this. sitting back saying gun owners that exist did this survey and its plausible or even proof that the number has decreased is just WAY off by my personal experience.
    Good thing statistics exists, or else we just have yours and HBpapa's anecdotal stories about how the behaviors of all gun owners are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Pandora's box? Is this some reference to the end times or "blackies taking over the suburbs", or a misinformed meme of how the gun manufacturer's have wholly made a positive feedback loop in gun sales and potential government response to mass shooting hysteria/masculinity/"ever growing tyranny"?
    not really sure what to say to that. i assume you hide under your bed when its lightning outside as well. this obv reverse racism conspiracy theory thing you have going on here is personal agenda and nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Most studies related to gun ownership don't use studies to get the numbers. They use frequency of suicide by gun, as that is a valid proxy. It correlates very precisely with gun ownership.
    That's a smart proxy to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Are you dumb? It is referencing that people are realists and many out there own firearms because bad stuff can and does happen and bad people already have firearms.

Whatever racist bullshit you got from that is your own doing.
    Then you have already accepted and readily defend a marketing strategy. Didn't we have TITAN308 talking about declining violence and crime on this very page? You are completely beholden to the fear-stoking of gun manufacturer's and their trade groups.

Good thing statistics exists, or else we just have yours and HBpapa's anecdotal stories about how the behaviors of all gun owners are the same.
    the statistics are not facts. they arent even close. however someone like you wouldnt understand ACTUAL facts. you use agenda to push your belief with limited to zero actual facts which is probably about as accurate as personal stories. you are literally putting words in every single gun owners mouth about ownership when you say that the numbers now are accurate. how many gun owners can you think of that would disagree? im guessing none. i HOWEVER know of dozens. i can personally disprove this BS. you however cant prove shit. not even personally by my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, firearm ownership trends vary depending on the survey you are looking at.
    Well sure. Trends vary. No doubt. But Pew, Gallup, and GSS, all seem to agree that firearm ownership is declining. That trend is consistent.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I wouldn't worry about him. Hes really "good" at putting words into other peoples mouth. Hes like a super anti racist to the point that hes racist. "oh youre afraid something bad will happen? you must think black people do bad things and u hate black people."
    It's always one of the three, sometimes all three of them. Fear/hatred of blacks and minorities, unfounded fear of government confiscation, and material reinforcement to their own image of what it is to be masculine.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the evidence doesnt support your claim or mine, then why are you screaming for evidence.
    Because the evidence does support the idea that firearm ownership is declining.
    Eat yo vegetables

It's always one of the three, sometimes all three of them. Fear/hatred of blacks and minorities, unfounded fear of government confiscation, and material reinforcement to their own image of what it is to be masculine.
    You have studies to back that up? Or is that just a personal anecdote?

15+ Year Old Account
    not really sure what to say to that. i assume you hide under your bed when its lightning outside as well. this obv reverse racism conspiracy theory thing you have going on here is personal agenda and nothing more.
    The positive feedback loop between gun manufacturer's and their trade groups to firearm violence is palpable. They market, they stoke fear, they stoke uncertainty to get you and the rest of the bunch to purchase more ammo, more firearms. They want hysteria, this isn't the NRA of the middle of the 20th century. They are using subliminal messaging to create a false narrative on what it is to be a man, the coming collapse of the US, and that firearm ownership will even protect you in a situation where your life is threatened.

- - - Updated - - -

the statistics are not facts. they arent even close. however someone like you wouldnt understand ACTUAL facts. you use agenda to push your belief with limited to zero actual facts which is probably about as accurate as personal stories. you are literally putting words in every single gun owners mouth about ownership when you say that the numbers now are accurate. how many gun owners can you think of that would disagree? im guessing none. i HOWEVER know of dozens. i can personally disprove this BS. you however cant prove shit. not even personally by my guess.
    How are they not facts? Either through suicide by firearm statistics or the GSS, those are raw numbers with binary responses.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet I've provided links showing that gun ownership statistics vary depending on several factors and you have several firearm owners on this forum who don't know each other all stating the same thing about disclosure of ownership.

But hey, whatever helps you keep your head in the sand, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Because the evidence does support the idea that firearm ownership is declining.
    not even remotely because the survey isnt accurate itself. but let me do this for you.

"evidence supports the FACT that gun ownership is on the decline, so thats why we have less crime" -anti-gun

"ummmm those surveys do not represent the ownership population even remotely considering the people in the survey would have to own hundreds of guns per house to account for actual firearms owned in the u.s" -pro-gun

"ok fine, but the evidence does SUPPORT the IDEA that firearm ownership is declining" -anti-gun

"/scratchheadwtfretardedsurveyisretarded" -pro-gun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You have studies to back that up? Or is that just a personal anecdote?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The positive feedback loop between gun manufacturer's and their trade groups to firearm violence is palpable. They market, they stoke fear, they stoke uncertainty to get you and the rest of the bunch to purchase more ammo, more firearms. They want hysteria, this isn't the NRA of the middle of the 20th century. They are using subliminal messaging to create a false narrative on what it is to be a man, the coming collapse of the US, and that firearm ownership will even protect you in a situation where your life is threatened.
    And the other side does the EXACT same thing. Even going so far as to constantly parrot a site by a anti-gun Reddit group that includes shootings with BB guns in an effort to fear monger.

- - - Updated - - -

How are they not facts? Either through suicide by firearm statistics or the GSS, those are raw numbers with binary responses.
    see participants vs guns actual registered that are owned in the us. do the math...

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet I've provided links showing that gun ownership statistics vary depending on several factors and you have several firearm owners on this forum who don't know each other all stating the same thing about disclosure of ownership.

But hey, whatever helps you keep your head in the sand, pal.
    Right, I should believe you that all the tens of millions of gun owners in the US behave the same over, you know, reality.

How does this prove that People buy guns because they are afraid of their government, afraid of "brown" people as you call them, or that they need to massage their egos?

"It's always one of the three, sometimes all three of them. Fear/hatred of blacks and minorities, unfounded fear of government confiscation, and material reinforcement to their own image of what it is to be masculine." - you

- - - Updated - - -

firearms HAVE proven to diffuse situations and save lives, and DAMN...do you believe the cell phone companies have an evil agenda to give you brain cancer with carrier waves? cause thats right in line with your conspiracy theory.

also, if guns arent used for protection, why do secret service carry them around a president who is ANTI-GUN?

10+ Year Old Account
    not even remotely because the survey isnt accurate itself.
    All three survey's aren't accurate? How did you come to that conclusion?

"evidence supports the FACT that gun ownership is on the decline, so thats why we have less crime" -anti-gun
    No. For fucks sake, no. This is why the denial of decreased ownership is confusing. Just because firearm ownership is likely decreasing, does not mean that the decrease is causing a similar decrease in crime/homicide. I've stated this several times, very recently. There are many factors that go into violent crime rates.

If ownership is decreasing, as it appears to be, all that means is that pro-2A individuals cannot accurately say "Well ownership is up and crime is down. Guns are good!"
    Eat yo vegetables

Right, I should believe you that all the tens of millions of gun owners in the US behave the same over, you know, reality.
    even if anecdotal hes closer with personal experience for these gun owners (like i have said twice now) than you just guessing. personal experience may not be 100% fact, but its damn sure better than what you have which is jack shit experience in this matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the other side does the EXACT same thing. Even going so far as to constantly parrot a site by a anti-gun Reddit group that includes shootings with BB guns in an effort to fear monger.
    But the "other side" (which includes law enforcement, public health, national security agencies, among others) have actual statistics and empirical evidence, the "pro-gun" side uses quotes from people who lived over two centuries ago and fear of the future, fear of collapse.