Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Sometimes I think American is on a different planet, lol.

How is something like this seen as normal? Your culture is weird.
    Yeah. We are different that is for sure. So much so, we keep getting all these people who want to come here and live. 11+ million of them are here illegally.

Sometimes I think American is on a different planet, lol.

How is something like this seen as normal? Your culture is weird.
    Well there is good news. You don't have to visit us or even like our choices.

On the flip side I don't really have to care what you think half a world away.

Win-Win for us both.

georgia doing it right.

atleast with those particular areas there's a much better chance people with concealed guns can get there quicker

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well there is good news. You don't have to visit us or even like our choices.

On the flip side I don't really have to care what you think half a world away.

Win-Win for us both.
    But I don't want you to get shot, Titan. What if you get in an argument with some dude, he loses his cool and blows you away?

But I don't want you to get shot, Titan. What if you get in an argument with some dude, he loses his cool and blows you away?
    I dunno what if you walk outside and a helicopter lands on you?

Life is short.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if he is armed also, he is on more equal grounds.

I dunno what if you walk outside and a helicopter lands on you?

Life is short.
    Sure, but there aren't like 10 thousand helicopter crashes a year.

I mean, you get that we give you guys shit over guns because we don't want you to die, right? It's a bit like watching someone do meth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But if he is armed also, he is on more equal grounds.
    What if no one has a gun? It's not impossible. Hundreds of millions of us live like that every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but there aren't like 10 thousand helicopter crashes a year.

I mean, you get that we give you guys shit over guns because we don't want you to die, right? It's a bit like watching someone do meth.
    Then it would be great if the meth addicts had a way to protect themselves from being addicts. Right? Having a firearm at my disposal gives me a more equal chance to defend myself against someone else who is armed or much stronger than I am. What defense does a 80 year old woman have against a young assailant?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What if no one has a gun? It's not impossible. Hundreds of millions of us live like that every day.
    And some of you still get killed.

Then it would be great if the meth addicts had a way to protect themselves from being addicts. Right? Having a firearm at my disposal gives me a more equal chance to defend myself against someone else who is armed or much stronger than I am. What defense does a 80 year old woman have against a young assailant?
    You make America sound like a dystopian hellscape. And the logical is kinda circular. I need a gun to protect myself from the other people with guns.

And some of you still get killed.
    Sure, but far less. And you know, no mass shootings every two days.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make America sound like a dystopian hellscape. And the logical is kinda circular. I need a gun to protect myself from the other people with guns.

Sure, but far less. And you know, no mass shootings every two days.
    It called reality. We also have a lot of drugs and gangs who can get weapons south of the border and smuggle them across the border. Most of the home invasions are by drug addicts who need quick cash for a fix. And being high on drugs means they care even less about your life. It is also a Constitutional right here to keep and bear arms. For the main reason to protect ourselves. It is part of our heritage and most of us do not really care what outsiders think about it.

We do not have mass shootings every 2 days. lol! If you go to a large high crime rate city of Chicago, then it will happen a lot more of course. But out where I live, there has only been one shooting in the last 30 years in my neighborhood. We are a pretty large country you know? But all it takes is one fire to burn your house down and kill your family, when a smoke alarm may have saved you.

It called reality. We also have a lot of drugs and gangs who can get weapons south of the border and smuggle them across the border. Most of the home invasions are by drug addicts who need quick cash for a fix. And being high on drugs means they care even less about your life. It is also a Constitutional right here to keep and bear arms. For the main reason to protect ourselves. It is part of our heritage and most of us do not really care what outsiders think about it.
    Maybe treat drugs like a public health issue instead of a crime.

We do not have mass shootings every 2 days. lol! If you go to a large high crime rate city of Chicago, then it will happen a lot more of course. But out where I live, there has only been one shooting in the last 30 years in my neighborhood. We are a pretty large country you know? But all it takes is one fire to burn your house down and kill your family, when a smoke alarm may have saved you.
    Maybe combat poverty then.

You guys don't need guns, you need sensible social policies.

You might not care what outsiders think, but you should care about all the children being gunned down in schools.

It is sad that American culture and its emphasize of self reliance leads to so little empathy for your fellow citizen. When some archaic right from an ancient time is more important than the lives of toddlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the no's are for sure from americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Maybe treat drugs like a public health issue instead of a crime.

Maybe combat poverty then.

You guys don't need guns, you need sensible social policies.
    Really though, isn't that independent of the gun issue? Shouldn't the drug issues be a focus whether Americans have the right to own firearms or not?

You might not care what outsiders think, but you should care about all the children being gunned down in schools.

It is sad that American culture and its emphasize of self reliance leads to so little empathy for your fellow citizen. When some archaic right from an ancient time is more important than the lives of toddlers.
    It is sad that the press glorifies such shooters, encouraging the next shooter to seek the limelight via a similar path. It's also vastly overstated in frequency and of course we come back to "what rights do you want to give up to reduce the odds of something bad".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Elba wants stiffer jail time for people who use drugs, but says treat drugs like a public health issues instead of a crime? Also while advocating for less prison system complex.

I mean Elba, do you even remember all the things you say day to day? Pick one broskie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    And that's why we don't give a shit about the yes votes since the majority of them don't live here
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

I don't think anyone, at least since I started posting here 3 years ago took the poll numbers seriously since you can't confine a poll to a region. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    A) You are wrong

B) Even if they were, their votes are the only ones that actually matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone, at least since I started posting here 3 years ago took the poll numbers seriously since you can't confine a poll to a region. lol
    i never did because unless you live here in america your opinion really doesnt mean shit when it come to our rights to me
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll is meaningless and has been for a long time. This is now the Official Gun Control Thread and not just a discussion on a assault weapon ban. Besides as long as we have millions of AK 47's floating around the world in the black market, any ban is only going to hurt the law abiding citizens.

https://www.theglobalist.com/20-fact...shnikov-ak-47/

75 - 100 million are in use around the world and in some countries, can be had for as little as 10 bucks. China is now the main producer, as Russia no longer produces them, but have maintained a large stock pile.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-05-09 at 03:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    After a bit on Google, I came up with various figures ranging from roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of US households owning at least 1 gun.

What does it say that at least half of US households choose not to exercise their 2nd amendment rights? Pro-gun and anti-gun folks opinions on this would both be interesting.

As for me, I don't own any guns and have no plans to. Lots of reasons: too many liability issues, not sure I could use it properly in an intense situation, and my personal opinion that the 2nd amendment was a mistake. My view is that only police and soldiers (along with people of those 2 professions who have retired in good standing) should be allowed weapons.

Side note: my father (lifetime NRA member) died nearly three months ago. He knew of my opinions, and told my mother to offer his gun collection to me one last time after he died. If I still didn't want them, she was to give them to my uncle (his younger brother) who is a former Marine and currently a chemical warfare instructor for the National Guard. I told her that was fine, as this was perfectly in line with my view that soldiers are of course qualified to own weapons.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson