View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
3420. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,112 61.75%
  • No

    1,308 38.25%
  1. #9461
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    It's not that I do not like all the laws. I do not agree with Gun Laws here. However as of now they do not affect me either directly or indirectly it's not that big of a deal to actually pack up my things or serious enough that I should move simply because I have a different point of view then some people on a certain law. Why are you so aggressively suggesting I move outside of Texas.

    Assault weapons are legal all over the United States. Texas just has a more relaxed position. It doesn't irate me to point I actually need to move because of it.
    It definitely irates you to the point of having an absolute unwavering opinion on "ban all gunz!" despite saying you're "open to discussion", which, you've been proven wrong a lot, but still have that point of view.

    Why do you aggressively suggest I not allow myself to be safe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

  2. #9462
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    It definitely irates you to the point of having an absolute unwavering opinion on "ban all gunz!" despite saying you're "open to discussion", which, you've been proven wrong a lot, but still have that point of view.

    Why do you aggressively suggest I not allow myself to be safe?
    I haven't been proven wrong alot that is factually incorrect sole decider.

    Secondly. I never said ban all weapons. I said assault weapons then I said at least background checks and High Capacity Magazines. Till this point the suggestion I should move outside of Texas because of my position on guns is different then some have been amusing. However I do not feel this is an actual debate on anything serious.

    We're pulling the thread off topic and focusing solely intent on me. While I am flattered by the attention. It's throwing the entire debate off topic. I regret to inform you Texas is stuck with me. I believe it's my FREEDOM to live where I want.

  3. #9463
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I haven't been proven wrong alot that is factually incorrect sole decider.

    Secondly. I never said ban all weapons. I said assault weapons then I said at least background checks and High Capacity Magazines. Till this point the suggestion I should move outside of Texas because of my position on guns is different then some have been amusing. However I do not feel this is an actual debate on anything serious.

    We're pulling the thread off topic and focusing solely intent on me. While I am flattered by the attention. It's throwing the entire debate off topic. I regret to inform you Texas is stuck with me. I believe it's my FREEDOM to live where I want.
    You sure love talking about yourself, then claiming others are derailing the thread when you.... keep talking about yourself.

    You actually have been proven wrong often. You kept saying how dangerous "assault weapons" are, yet you were proven wrong about that and the previous ban.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  4. #9464
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I haven't been proven wrong alot that is factually incorrect sole decider.

    Secondly. I never said ban all weapons. I said assault weapons then I said at least background checks and High Capacity Magazines. Till this point the suggestion I should move outside of Texas because of my position on guns is different then some have been amusing. However I do not feel this is an actual debate on anything serious.

    We're pulling the thread off topic and focusing solely intent on me. While I am flattered by the attention. It's throwing the entire debate off topic. I regret to inform you Texas is stuck with me. I believe it's my FREEDOM to live where I want.
    You said fully-automatic rifles were better for long range over semi-automatics.

    That's blatantly incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

  5. #9465
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    You said fully-automatic rifles were better for long range over semi-automatics.

    That's blatantly incorrect.
    Do you mind showing me the exact quote where I said that in detail. My memory is a bit foggy. If you can do so I would be happy to respond in detail.

  6. #9466
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    A lot of people don't value the freedom of movement apparently. I never got that line of thought myself.

    Force is a drug.
    Who said anything about freedom of movement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  7. #9467
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    We don't like your kind 'round here, so 'git
    I take issue with this line of thought, at least at a national level. The whole point of our government is for the people to decide, if indirectly, what laws are put in place. You don't get to tell people who don't like the laws to just leave. They have every right to fight to change them.

  8. #9468
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    So you don't like the laws here.

    You didn't start here by choice.

    But you want to stay.

    Have you been known to stay in abusive relationships? That's not mentally healthy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:47 PM ----------




    So what would you say if I lived in California, have well enough opportunity to move, but stayed even though I don't agree with all their laws?
    I'm a liberal person who moved from California to Texas. There are a lot of reasons to live in a place where the majority don't hold your viewpoint. This is especially true when it's easy to find places where you can find like minded people within that area. I live in the center of Houston in large part because I enjoy the culture of Houston's center more than the outskirts.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  9. #9469
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Who said anything about freedom of movement?
    Anyone who thinks people should move because they're different from the majority would have issues with it I suppose
    "It woudl be funny as hell if the abodinal snoawman walk in the background" -Confucius

  10. #9470
    i have crossbow does that count as a gun?\

  11. #9471
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
    i have crossbow does that count as a gun?\
    Negative.....

  12. #9472
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Anyone who thinks people should move because they're different from the majority would have issues with it I suppose
    So you're not arguing that people should move if they don't like the laws?

  13. #9473
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So you are attacking gays now all for wanting equality?
    nah man just pointing out its human nature to want more, whether its good or bad...

  14. #9474
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    So you're not arguing that people should move if they don't like the laws?

    No, why would I?
    "It woudl be funny as hell if the abodinal snoawman walk in the background" -Confucius

  15. #9475
    I would support making guns ilegal if I thought it would actually do anything. However, making them ilegal only puts them into the hands of criminals and anyone who isn't a "criminal" but has a gun is turned into one.

    It's really no different than drugs. Sure they are ilegal but that doesn't stop people from getting them. Infact it makes it an even worse situation by giving power to underground criminal markets.

  16. #9476
    Mechagnome vastx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    664
    FusedMass..I think I know the problem here.

    You started from a position of opposing "assault weapons" before having even a rocky knowledge of the matter.

    In the future, educate yourself before taking a stance.

  17. #9477
    Stood in the Fire Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    You said fully-automatic rifles were better for long range over semi-automatics.

    That's blatantly incorrect.
    Gimme a nice .308 bolt action for real range.
    I'm a gun-toting, Constitution clinging American atheist, in that order.

  18. #9478
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    FusedMass..I think I know the problem here.

    You started from a position of opposing "assault weapons" before having even a rocky knowledge of the matter.

    In the future, educate yourself before taking a stance.
    Expect the thread is not about me personally or even my knowledge on the matter. It's about the Gun Control Debate in America right now. Whatever I believe does not matter overall in regards to what they are doing. However I still do oppose assault weapons because the supreme court never had a national defined meaning what that means.

    It could mean almost virtually anything.

  19. #9479
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Expect the thread is not about me personally or even my knowledge on the matter. It's about the Gun Control Debate in America right now. Whatever I believe does not matter overall in regards to what they are doing. However I still do oppose assault weapons because the supreme court never had a national defined meaning what that means.

    It could mean almost virtually anything.
    You oppose assault weapons because the Supreme court hasn't defined what an assault weapon is?
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  20. #9480
    Stood in the Fire Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    However I still do oppose assault weapons because the supreme court never had a national defined meaning what that means.

    It could mean almost virtually anything.
    Yet another fantastic reason to not ban a single thing.
    Last edited by Dillon; 2013-02-02 at 07:16 AM.
    I'm a gun-toting, Constitution clinging American atheist, in that order.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •