Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Are you serious, you're entire deal with me. Is not about the guns at all.

It's about the usage of the saying, common sense.

Again. I am off and the PC, usually all day. Sometimes I check in numerous times, other time's for a week I won't. It all depends.

I don't know how many times, I have to repeat to you..that I'm not ignoring questions for you to understand.

You don't have to believe it, that's personal choice.
    And I pointed out with evidence that you are using common sense incorrectly, and seeing as you consistently use common sense as the backbone for your advocacy of gun control (ie it's common sense that guns hurt people) it is not a matter of semantics, but a matter of you applying a concept incorectly.

You have not gone offline since this conversation began, at least not that I have seen given the time it has taken for you to respond. Is coming and going a barrier for effective communication in an online setting? Yes. Is it applicable to this current situation? No, it is not. That's why I used these two specific points instead of going back in the thread to hunt for other instances.

As for me making it about you... well, yes, in general I have a problem with people pushing illogical assertions when trying to make a point. It has more to do with that than with you, however, which again is indicated by the fact that I am responsive in this manner to any poster who resorts to logical fallacies.

I'm also betting that, despite your hints of where my position lays, you have no idea of where I am in the gun control issue, despite my having stated it several times before in this thread. Not knowing is fine and all; you can't remember every post and every poster. Insinuating that I disagree with your stance when you have no substantial knowledge to do so, when it is the presenter and not the topic that I find at fault, is a logical fallacy in itself.

This is an example. Rock9 said something, not so nice about me. He was infracted.

By feeding this kind of..negativeness. I place myself in the postion of harm. Perhaps if other posters, stopped posting when it laid solely on insults. This thread may be more civil. And Rock9, you're view is biased based on our history..and you..damn well know it.
    You've not responded to 5 or so of my posts, that's not biased on my part.

And no, I'm not going to dig through 675 pages to find them.

This is what I mean..

I cannot reply to Rocko9,Kas, Grizzy, all quoting them and responding out. I do have things to do today, and more I respond right now. More time is lost. I get it you don't agree.

I respect you're view.

etc

Honestly it's Sunday. So I'm not going to waste time fighting on this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I mean..

I cannot reply to Rocko9,Kas, Grizzy, all quoting them and responding out. I do have things to do today, and more I respond right now. More time is lost. I get it you don't agree.

I respect you're view.

etc

Honestly it's Sunday. So I'm not going to waste time fighting on this thread.
    We all had the same point... and it was all spurred by a singular fallacy that you were applying. This is what we were referring to in terms of dodging questions.

Like Spectral said, if numerous people have a dispute over one concept with you, it's probably time for introspection. This is enhanced even further when you have people who routinely disagree with each other (ie me and Rocko9) in agreement over something.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-03-10 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a problem with the thread you can file a report. Whether or not it violates forum regulations or warrants being shut down is up to the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Widdler View Post
    Mods allow it to stay open because it bashes gun owners. All I see happening here.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep...

Just so there's no mis-communication. You're telling me what is and what is not related in my own thread and what I can and cannot post because it indirectly and directly relates to gun control. Then sadly you have been missing pages of this thread people talked about animals and fruit. Nothing related yet you focus in on me like a heat seeking missile

"Don't post that not gun related" on a single post. How very odd. I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you and I feel a certain person relates to the thread. Then I reserve the right to do so.
    Then report the other posters as off-topic and move on. Others actions are not an excuse for poor behavior.

Also, as you've repeatedly said before, this thread is not about you and whatever you want, it is about a topic. Please refrain from always making it personal in your posts while inferring that the rest of us have been missing pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Saturday you're drunk, Sunday you're busy and Monday you're going to the carnival? You seem awful busy for someone who misdirects every post in the thread.

That's why I put it in the thread and not on the front page. Here's how it relates and when I break it down, it will blow your mind. Because it's so simple. Frankly it's getting tiresome to having to explain things to people.

She's running for senate in 2014. She has said she supports Obama in all his major ideas.

Mitch is a republican who is voting against gun re-form.

If she wins, it will be one more vote on the table to gaining a majority to letting a gun re-form bill passed.

Thus relating to Gun Control.

Which is this thread.
    Right, so when Bruce Willis announces his candidacy for the next election, we can all post polls showing we have another "no" vote on gun control?

We get it. You really hate Republicans. Unless Mitch McConnell shot your dog with an AR-15, I don't see why you felt the need to post a poll for an election involving a candidate who isn't even a candidate yet.

This kinda reaction, normally would upset another poster. Scream into a rage. It's flame bait, against the rules because it's tempting me to reply with something negative which I will not. Just an example of condensing posts that do get people in trouble.
    So report me already. You are derailing your own thread by posting irrelevant polls. You said it yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass
    Even though the election isn't till 2014. Mitch is already running ads against her. They are hilarious. Mitch is going down.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-03-10 at 06:15 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    We all had the same point... and it was all spurred by a singular fallacy that you were applying. This is what we were referring to in terms of dodging questions.

Like Spectral said, if numerous people have a dispute over one concept with you, it's probably time for introspection. This is enhanced even further when you have people who routinely disagree with each other (ie me and Rocko9) in agreement over something.
    I decided take a few minutes to respond again. It seems with every..well respond to my post, then another message equally as urging me to respond to their post in the same timely manner. If I don't obviously the other side sees me as corrupted and ignoring posts which is incorrect.

Repeat it a billion times. It won't make it truth. Now please stay on topic after this. This is Gun Debate/Gun Discussion nothing can be won or lost, nothing is absolute.

Rock9 aruged with me violently, he didn't see it as flaming. He got in trouble because it was. I stop myself before getting too suckd into it. Now please topic is gun control not fused mass

You still chose a conspiracy nutjob against some insane man as your debate choice. I did not watch the video. I don't have to. Alex Jones does NOT speak for gun owners. Period.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:17 PM ----------

That is an outright LIE. He used a pistol to do every single one of the killings, look up the news AFTER they corrected themselves.[COLOR="red"]

[SIZE=1]-------
    No he used an AR-15. You're claiming Alex to be mentally unbalanced, yet you accuse mods of letting thread stay open not because people will talk about it regardless so might as well funnel into one source, you think their intention to bash gun owners and you AR weapon was not used. It's a cover up you say...

interesting...

Again. I post numerous, numerous videos of different angles of the gun debate from Anderson Cooper, to Piers and Ted. Anyone who's bothered to look at the front page know's obviously the articles and video change. That's called updating.

Please keep this thread at least on topic. I am a person. Not a weapon. I am not the focus, guns are. Regardless of what I do, directly, indirectly. Has nothing to do with the subject of debate guns not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    So Saturday you're drunk, Sunday you're busy and Monday you're going to the carnival? You seem awful busy for someone who misdirects every post in the thread.
    This kinda reaction, normally would upset another poster. Scream into a rage. It's flame bait, against the rules because it's tempting me to reply with something negative which I will not. Just an example of condensing posts that do get people in trouble.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-03-10 at 06:11 PM.

That is an outright LIE. He used a pistol to do every single one of the killings, look up the news AFTER they corrected themselves.
    AFAIK, the final verdict as of a week after the shooting was "shotgun in trunk, rifle and 2 handguns with him in school".

The OP cannot support her/his views anymore, as they have been proven so ridiculously wrong that she/he has to interject a political battle next year into them to try and divert attention from the topic. Mods allow it to stay open because it bashes gun owners. All I see happening here.
    Mods allow it to stay open because one huge thread is much easier on the board than having 20 similar threads running. Whether this thread should have been the mega-thread is debatable, but it's existence makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Repeat it a billion times. It won't make it truth. Now please stay on topic after this. This is Gun Debate/Gun Discussion nothing can be won or lost, nothing is absolute.
    Alright. Your inherent biases are causing you to bring forward blatantly compromised information that is not logical or succinct. Which brings me back, again, to the discussion that you derailed.

Common sense does not side with your arguments for gun control.
    Polls 2 years in advance are inherently skewed and completely useless.

Alright. Your inherent biases are causing you to bring forward blatantly compromised information that is not logical or succinct. Which brings me back, again, to the discussion that you derailed.

Common sense does not side with your arguments for gun control.
    Polls 2 years in advance are inherently skewed and completely useless.
    Okay, show me the evidence in detail that tells me the polls are skewed and useless. I find it very useful tool to measure what people think. Just like when the Republican's decide who to consider to nominate as a candidate. They have ..debates, people voting..hell..voting is even a fundamental understood right what everyone functions in.

But I'll be waiting on that information.

Equally interesting. If I take two seconds late to respond to you're next post. I'm ignoring you in you're view, but I wasn't before.

I see. Makes no sense.

It doesnt' really matter, Fused will reply to you 10 times saying why she won't reply, rather than posting once to admit an error or misconception. If she weren't frequently posting propaganda to the thread, it wouldn't matter at all.

At least it's easy to refute most of the posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, show me the evidence in detail that tells me the polls are skewed and useless. I find it very useful tool to measure what people think. Just like when the Republican's decide who to consider to nominate as a candidate. They have ..debates, people voting..hell..voting is even a fundamental understood right what everyone functions in.

Equally interesting. If I take two seconds late to respond to you're next post. I'm ignoring you in you're view, but I wasn't before.

I see. Makes no sense.
    We're still waiting for you to address your fallacies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you incapable of reading my arguments, or are you simply shifting it aside because you realize that my point is fully substantiated?

I see. Makes no sense.
    Are you establishing "poor me" arguments where they never existed? The greater parts of the attacks supposedly done against you are essentially stories that you make up to divert from legitimate arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It doesnt' really matter, Fused will reply to you 10 times saying why she won't reply, rather than posting once to admit an error or misconception. If she weren't frequently posting propaganda to the thread, it wouldn't matter at all.

At least it's easy to refute most of the posts.
    I would appreciate it, if you stop lying.

Kas, had corrected me on something very minor and I told him/her "I stand corrected" I admitted one aspect. Fact you say different is just trying blow smoke up peoples ass.

Are you incapable of reading my arguments, or are you simply shifting it aside because you realize that my point is fully substantiated?

Are you establishing "poor me" arguments where they never existed? The greater parts of the attacks supposedly done against you are essentially stories that you make up to divert from legitimate arguments.
    Show me the proof about the polls you accused of not being able accurate please. If you don't respond with the answer after making the claim. I'm not going to scouting this back and forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would appreciate it, if you stop lying.

Kas, had corrected me on something very minor and I told him/her "I stand corrected" I admitted one aspect. Fact you say different is just trying blow smoke up peoples ass.
    Show where's he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Show where's he's lying.
    Lying saying I never admit when I'm wrong

Ask Kas if that ever took place.

I don't have prove it. It took place, that should be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's enough of the shouting match back and forth. Please get back on-topic.