Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by KURUFAL View Post
    I was quoting your post because i was agreeing with it and it related to the ridiculous argument i quoted above it.
    OK! I assumed it was argumentative, and was thus confused. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    They have survived by hiding among civilians. If you hide, you have to give away your guns. Unless you're a criminal and there are no records of you having assault weapons. And even then.... what exactly is the "plan" for resisting the tyranny of the government? Kill people who are only doing their duty for your guns?

Ahh, an ad hominem... are we getting frustrated?
    yeah.. i suspect the tyrranical government isnt going to be above hurting civilians. or kidnapping families, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    After all that has happened throughout history and even in recent events, I am dumbfounded that people would want to be so susceptible and powerless to a government.
    How in the world is electing a government that enacts policies that people are in favor of being "powerless"?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what about when we steam rolled japan without even invading?
    I guess the whole Libya thing escapes people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    Except for those on flight 11, 77, and 175.
    If they knew what was going to happen to them, than they would have probably resisted a lot more. Remember that until then, there had been plane hijackings, but those resulted in things such as hostage situations; there's good reason to believe they didn't know what was going to happen until it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How in the world is electing a government that enacts policies that people are in favor of being "powerless"?
    It's only powerless because the majority favors an assault rifle ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    They have survived by hiding among civilians. If you hide, you have to give away your guns. Unless you're a criminal and there are no records of you having assault weapons. And even then.... what exactly is the "plan" for resisting the tyranny of the government? Kill people who are only doing their duty for your guns?

Ahh, an ad hominem... are we getting frustrated?
    Why would I be frustrated? Even if they ban shit I have a crate full of high caps and drums from when me and a buddy bought out a surplus store. I also reload and have over 5000 rounds of brass for almost all common calibers. If anything I'm going to make some cash.

Anyway back to our make believe war. You bury your weapons and report them stolen. You live in major population centers. You attack the governments supporters not the government or military. You drain the people's will to fight and erode the leaders support base.

After all that has happened throughout history and even in recent events, I am dumbfounded that people would want to be so susceptible and powerless to a government.

I can't even believe it.
    high school government & history class will teach you that the greatest power we have over the government is the fact that its composed of the people, with many checks and balances to prevent any part from gaining too much power. its absurd to think that the instant guns are more carefully regulated our entire system will collapse. the president wont have any more piwer than he did before. neither will congress, or the judicial system.

The government enact policies that people aren't in favor of quite frequently.

In fact, most people have no fucking clue what is going on legislatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I guess the whole Libya thing escapes people.
    We also kicked the ever living shit out of the actual armies of Iraq and Afghanistan. The conflicts since are precisely because we're not willing to act in a totalitarian, brutal fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    Something about it being an actual war? With you know, mostly the entire country behind it, and the "whole world cheering". With things like, typewriter companies switching over to make guns/ammo/bombs. Shit gets done.
    If an actual civil war were ever to happen, that would likely be the result. But an all out civil war would never happen. If it were passed, and there were those willing to use violence to spoil the unity of the country, than it would be as individual pockets. The vast, vast majority of the country would choose safety and security over anarchy and despotism, the common friends of the collapse of government.

Deleted
    Because if the government is armed and you aren't, they could take away your right to vote and you wouldn't have the power to stop them.

That's part of the reason why we have a civilian government.

We also kicked the ever living shit out of the actual armies of Iraq and Afghanistan. The conflicts since are precisely because we're not willing to act in a totalitarian, brutal fashion.
    Just Gulf War then. How long did Operation: Desert Storm last?

Hint: 42 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Why would I be frustrated? Even if they ban shit I have a crate full of high caps and drums from when me and a buddy bought out a surplus store. I also reload and have over 5000 rounds of brass for almost all common calibers. If anything I'm going to make some cash.

Anyway back to our make believe war. You bury your weapons and report them stolen. You live in major population centers. You attack the governments supporters not the government or military. You drain the people's will to fight and erode the leaders support base.
    So you murder innocents. Good job. You're now infinitely worse than the opposing government, all because you want your shiny weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    Something about it being an actual war? With you know, mostly the entire country behind it, and the "whole world cheering". With things like, typewriter companies switching over to make guns/ammo/bombs. Shit gets done.
    why would a tyrannical government think "this is not an actual war, better hold back from oppressing and murdering."?

The government enact policies that people aren't in favor of quite frequently.

In fact, most people have no fucking clue what is going on legislatively.
    You realize this is remarkably selective reasoning, right? That policies you personally don't like couldn't possibly be favored by the public, it's all just a result of tyranny and ignorance?

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Because if the government is armed and you aren't, they could take away your right to vote and you wouldn't have the power to stop them.

The paranoia in this thread is just amazing.

high school government & history class will teach you that the greatest power we have over the government is the fact that its composed of the people, with many checks and balances to prevent any part from gaining too much power. its absurd to think that the instant guns are more carefully regulated our entire system will collapse. the president wont have any more piwer than he did before. neither will congress, or the judicial system.
    Hitler says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

who is "they"? the president? congress? the supreme court? your state governor? the county sherrif? Some dmv guy?

Yes, and guns are one of those checks and balances.

It's one of the most important ones actually. It presents a clear, physical power.

Deleted
    The paranoia in this thread is just amazing.
    It's reality. I'm sorry if you don't like it.