Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

In any case. Please stay on topic. I know some people will not answer my questions, they're not deemed worthy. Or some other B.S., however as superior that person may feel over me, telling me to stop complaining. That only fuels my desire to keep it on. Next time. I will consider a lawsuit for emotional distress for those backstage playing politics. The amount of resources I have to use on anything, is stunning.

I never forgive or forget. Ever.
    You are clearly too mentally unstable to own a gun, or even discuss whether other people should. "Don't piss me off on the Internet because my parents are rich and I'll sue you". Seriously? There aren't enough memes in existence to ridicule this the way it deserves. And then to ramble on while telling everyone else they need to stay on topic? Grow up.

Also, my dad could totally beat up your dad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    You are clearly too mentally unstable to own a gun, or even discuss whether other people should. "Don't piss me off on the Internet because my parents are rich and I'll sue you". Seriously? There aren't enough memes in existence to ridicule this the way it deserves. And then to ramble on while telling everyone else they need to stay on topic? Grow up.

Again, the best part is he has to get the money from the much reviled Republican hob-nobbing parents.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Things like this make me question the "final solution" idea of gun control. We have so many guns, so why not take the time to better educate people about them. Make them a powerful tool, not scary, boom-boom sticks.

It's like with dogs. What good does being terrified of dogs your entire life do you?
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-05-12 at 05:48 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    *video*
    For those who want a link to the actual study, here it is.

This literally made me snort water out my nose, thanks.

Laughing while drinking is contraindicated.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 11:17 PM ----------

Looking at the study, what leaps out at me is that, in addition to firearm homicides dropping 40%, the non-fatal firearm shootings have dropped drastically.

In 1993, there were 1,548,000 non-fatal shootings. In 2011, it was only 478,400. And that, despite a 20% increase in the population of the US (260m to 312m). The non-fatal shooting rate dropped from 7.3 to 1.8 (per 1k aged 12+).

That's a drop of more than 75%.

All in all, that's extremely less gun violence.

Edit: That's non-fatal firearm violence, not particularly shootings, so I guess it includes armed robbery, even if nobody is shot, etc.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2013-05-12 at 06:19 AM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Even when I'm not actively discussing it. The thread is on my mind, not the people in it. Its what took place, and place after that. I'll stop discussing less mods infract me for discussing activity that is better left under a dark cloak, so they can divide and destroy. I mean..information
    Someone call the FBI. Fused sounds emotional disturbed take away his guns.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 07:16 AM ----------

Damn right, they have MORE than enough, driving in fancy cars, big buildings. You are damn right.

Yes, its the principal. Standing up for what you believe in against a moral injustice. it may sound unrational. But its within my right. You would think, they're are not people online, who actually do this.

You'd be wrong. My family spends over 500 a month, on a jaguar alone. I'm sure they have more money to burn than others. I'm not asking for your opinion however.
    Ummm if you have money to burn you don't usually carry car payments unless your a moron who can't manage there money. I have two 2012 Inifinitis combined value of 140k paid in cash because it was stupid to pay the interest when I had the money. Your statement just makes you the typical liberal leftie I don't have lots of money so I'll take other peoples so I don't have to work as hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Ummm if you have money to burn you don't usually carry car payments unless your a moron who can't manage there money. I have two 2012 Inifinitis combined value of 140k paid in cash because it was stupid to pay the interest when I had the money. Your statement just makes you the typical liberal leftie I don't have lots of money so I'll take other peoples so I don't have to work as hard.
    I thought the same thing at first, but then it hit me: He means an actual, live jaguar. It costs them 500 a month to feed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I thought the same thing at first, but then it hit me: He means an actual, live jaguar. It costs them 500 a month to feed it.
    Doubt its a real jaguar, considering the recommended daily intake for a captive one is 2kg (4.4lbs) of meat, so roughly 132lbs a month and only a $500 budget, don't think I'd want to be feeding my priceless pet that quality.

It is however possible his family leases, would explain the payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Doubt its a real jaguar, considering the recommended daily intake for a captive one is 2kg (4.4lbs) of meat, so roughly 132lbs a month and only a $500 budget, don't think I'd want to be feeding my priceless pet that quality.

If they leased a car in Texas that would be even more stupid. On a lease in Texas you pay the sales tax for the entire price of the car unlike any other state. There is no way in hell your leasing a Jag for $500 a month unless you put down a large amount of money up front which again is stupid in a lease.
    Last edited by ugotownd; 2013-05-12 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post

Damn, you put a lot of research in to that joke lol.

i got a gun and i can control it to shoot where i wana :P enough gun control for me
    on a more serious note, i don't see the big problem, sure some guys kill with guns, but you can do the same with a knife.

Bad people stay bad or with the words of a commedian "i'm scared to sleep with my wife without my gun, who protects me?"

If you got a gun there are tons of rules on how to properly store them/where you can legaly use them etc. Well they can't stop drugs from getting abused, i wonder how they manage to collect all the illegal guns^^

Best way to stop gun abuse: make the ammo expensive as hell, hey schould i kill her with this 1000 dollar ammo? .. naah not worth it.

15+ Year Old Account

with hat line you may have very well just made me ruin my keyboard

well played
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Damn, you put a lot of research in to that joke lol.
    meh, if you buy in bulk, you can probably feed that Jaguar on about $5-6 per day. Probably gets better gas mileage than the car version, too.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    I didn't think that was an option.
    It'll probably sail straight into the supreme court.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    It'll probably sail straight into the supreme court.
    If anything, it's an attempt to get more cases about FEDERAL gun laws to the federal courts to get them struck down. In my opinion.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am REALLY getting sick and tired of the "guns don't kill, people kill" argument.

WE KNOW THAT. There's no one who actually think guns go off and shoot people on their own accord and no one that thinks that guns somehow turn innocent people into ruthless killers. I am sick of this stupid, stupid, stupid, strawman.

A gun makes it easier for a criminal to go on a murder spree. Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Jared Loughner, whoever shot up the parade today, would have had a harder time committing their murders if they did not have access to a gun. THAT is the argument. No one is saying that Lanza and company were driven to commit murder because of the gun, they are saying the murders were easier to commit because they had a gun. Guns make it easier to kill people.

Knives require that you get close, bombs take preparation, planning and positioning. A gun you can pick up, load, walk into a street and start squeezing the trigger.

I'm not arguing to ban guns however, that's not the point of this post. I'm just sick of the "guns don't kill" argument that constantly gets thrown around as if gun control activists are stupid enough to believe that a gun will fire on its own.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a universal background check and better mental health screening and better mental health aid to those who need it, than a ban. You can keep your guns. But goddamn it, we all know that guns don't fire on their own accord.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I am REALLY getting sick and tired of the "guns don't kill, people kill" argument.

WE KNOW THAT. There's no one who actually think guns go off and shoot people on their own accord and no one that thinks that guns somehow turn innocent people into ruthless killers. I am sick of this stupid, stupid, stupid, strawman.

A gun makes it easier for a criminal to go on a murder spree. Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Jared Loughner, whoever shot up the parade today, would have had a harder time committing their murders if they did not have access to a gun. THAT is the argument. No one is saying that Lanza and company were driven to commit murder because of the gun, they are saying the murders were easier to commit because they had a gun. Guns make it easier to kill people.

Knives require that you get close, bombs take preparation, planning and positioning. A gun you can pick up, load, walk into a street and start squeezing the trigger.

I'm not arguing to ban guns however, that's not the point of this post. I'm just sick of the "guns don't kill" argument that constantly gets thrown around as if gun control activists are stupid enough to believe that a gun will fire on its own.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a universal background check and better mental health screening and better mental health aid to those who need it, than a ban. You can keep your guns. But goddamn it, we all know that guns don't fire on their own accord.
    The whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument is less about pointing out the obvious and more about treating the disease instead of the symptom. Fix the crazies and the hood rats and the gun problem will take care of itself.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    UK probably doesn't count in a lot of what the CDC does.
    And just like I said we add in everything so obviously the total will be much greater.
    So if we here in Europe aren't actually having much, MUCH less gun-related crime and shootings thanks to our much tougher gun laws, what do you think the US is doing wrong that we are doing right? Since you have such tremendous amounts of it.
    What's the reason, according to you? What are we doing, that you aren't if you don't think it's our gun laws?

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument is less about pointing out the obvious and more about treating the disease instead of the symptom. Fix the crazies and the hood rats and the gun problem will take care of itself.
    Well the thing is, there are two camps, one camp wants to remove or reduce the dangerous tool, the other wants to lower the number of crazies getting the guns but keep the tools. The gun-control group sees the weapon not as the culprit but as an amplifier and they are correct in that regard.

This is one issue where I'm actually more on the conservative side. Gun control worked in Australia and Europe, but they don't have the culture we have and we should be focusing on mental health, gun training and background checks. I recognize that many killers get their weapons illegally, but a background check should at least limit their options.

No one should get a gun without extensive training on its use and how to secure it.
    Mental health aid should be readily available in schools and the workplace.
    Background checks should be tighter to include all enforcible transactions. Giving someone a gun as a gift, would be a transaction that can't be enforced.

There is no panacea, bad guys will get guns if they are determined enough, but we can make it more difficult for them.
    Putin khuliyo

There is no panacea, bad guys will get guns if they are determined enough, but we can make it more difficult for them.
    Like going after straw purchasers? Something we can already do under the laws we already have.

Why are you on about the ease of getting a gun and background checks. The shooters in New Orleans I'm pretty sure didn't walk into a gun show or a store and buy them. They were illegally obtained on the street so guess what even with your praised new laws still wouldn't have had a background check see how stupid the law was and why it was shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Why are you on about the ease of getting a gun and background checks. The shooters in New Orleans I'm pretty sure didn't walk into a gun show or a store and buy them. They were illegally obtained on the street so guess what even with your praised new laws still wouldn't have had a background check see how stupid the law was and why it was shot down.
    So because some people will circumvent a law means that we shouldn't have that law?