This girl has a pretty impressive record. And she's only 35. She's definitely a hustler.Glowing in her white gown, her hair braided in a classic updo, Yiru Sun was the picture perfect bride as she looked out at her 60 guests on Saturday.
But Yiru wasn't getting married, and she didn't know a single one of them.
The Princeton graduate and Corporate Vice President at New York Life Insurance had canceled her wedding two months ago after she refused to sign the proposed prenuptial agreement.
But instead of canceling the reception - which she put down a nonrefundable $8,000 deposit for - at the luxurious Harold Pratt House in the Upper East Side, Yiru decided she would find a group of children and families in need to attend instead.
- Ph.D Princeton University (2008), major in Electrical Engineering, minor in Operational Research & Financial Engineering
- Published 14 papers in top-tier international scientific journals
- VP of New York Life Insurance handling over $550 billion dollars in assets
- Author of three novels
- Has released two albums of piano solos
- Part time fashion designer for Calvin Klein
- Holds 6 U.S. patents
- Gave 8 presentations in international scientific conferences
- Freelances photography for own photography business
- Pokemon World VG tournament 3rd place finish 2010