Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Ban them in general with special licensees to obtain them.

there is no need for automatic weapons, and semi-automatics were banned, and then unbanned. so go ahead, get rid of them.

Last time I checked criminals don't follow laws or bans.
    it's a lot harder to shoot up a large place with just a pistol or two without someone getting you, because clip sizes are small compared to. does that mean it'll prevent a lot of armed robberies, or situations where people use semi or automatic weapons? I'm sure in some cases, yes, some people won't go through the trouble to obtain the guns illegally. who is to assume that psycho going psycho is a gun collector? the point is to *prevent* it. This isn't them saying oh, this'll prevent people with pistols robbing convenience stores! Try understanding that.

"That many" was the key point.

So no, you can't. Even if you treat Europe as one country. Sort it by year and then reread what you quoted the first time.

Tell me how many shootings there have been in the last year alone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Last time I checked criminals don't follow laws or bans.
    Last time I checked, criminal organizations don't follow laws and bans.

A psycho/random unpredictable citizen can still have a bad time finding a weapon when there are laws and bans thus reducing the chance to have a mass killing going around.

Deleted
    A large portion of those people killed 0 people at all, or only killed 1 or 2. You really cannot compare them to what the USA has.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Going by what the "gun nuts" always say, that gun should never have been stolen because you can shoot the intruder with the gun.
    This is very much circumstance based... You'd have to be home to shoot them and they would also have to be someone who wasn't a family member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say they do ban assault rifles and clips bigger than 10 rounds...big deal. 2 pistols = 20 rounds per reload...anyone who has handled a firearm can reload most pistols within seconds as it's just a push of a button to drop the empty and shove in the loaded clip.
    Yes, true. But instead of 2 pistols with 17 rounds each for a total of 34, you're getting 20. And instead of carrying 4 clips for 68 bullets, you're carrying 7 clips for 70 bullets. It will only make it more difficult, and therein lies the reasoning for this kind of change.

Also a change like this is generally one step along the path. As much as you probably would not like to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    it's a lot harder to shoot up a large place with just a pistol or two without someone getting you, because clip sizes are small compared to
    They make high capacity pistol magazines that can hold 30 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Last time I checked, criminal organizations don't follow laws and bans.

A psycho/random unpredictable citizen can still have a bad time finding a weapon when there are laws and bans thus reducing the chance to have a mass killing going around.
    So if the psycho/random unpredictable citizen decided to go buy some fertilizer and diesel fuel and make a bomb out of it would you then restrict the purchase of those items if the entire school had been destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Even 33 w/ the extended clip

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    uhhhhhh wtf? they do realize that any full-auto weapon is against the law to own AND any magazine that holds over 30 rounds is too right? how can you ban something that is already against the law to own?
    Not necessarily true, you can own a fully automatic weapon after going through an extremely lengthy and expensive process, and for a magazine that holds more than 30 rounds, I can go to a store/shooting range right now and buy a 100 round drum magazine if I wanted to, will I? No it is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Base it on muzzle velocity, rate of fire and projectile calibre then.
    That would just ban hunting rifles. AR-15s only shoot a .223 round which is far smaller than most hunting rifles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    They make bigger ones than that, SGM Tactical makes a 50 round drum magazine for 9mm Glock pistols.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Even 33 w/ the extended clip
    Magazine, sorry but I get mild autism attacks when I see clips instead of magazines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Do you support this move. Please read the article carefully. Know our hearts are heavy from Sandy the worst shoot out in school history. Over 20 kids were killed along with 10 adults. There is information that Dems plan to bring to congress on the first day to "Ban assault weapons"
    Things that jump out at me about your post.

1. it wasn't the worst school shooting in US history,
    2. You want to use an incident where HANDGUNS and ONLY handguns were used in an attempt to ban assault weapons,
    3. the House of Representatives is controlled by the GOP, meaning Dems wont be introducing ANYthing, at best they'll ASK the Speaker's permission, and thus it becomes HIS prerogative;
    4. Why have MORE legislation, when the ones that exist aren't being enforced as it is;
    5. Fast and Furious, seems there were already laws in place about assualt weapons and they were ignored by the very same administration in an attempt to allow weapons to flow into another country without their knowledge or consent.

All that said, the solution isn't MORE laws, its enforce the ones that already exist.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Definitely against this. People who are willing to commit such heinous crimes will not care about the law.

I would support a bill requiring people who own such weapons to have approved gun safes so they don't get stolen.

I'm still surprised it expired, damn people like Bush...

Sorry but using an AR-15 or other similar weapons for "hunting" is a BS excuse, they only "hunting" they're used for nominally is the human variety. Now mind you I'm in no way against having other firearms readily available, like handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc. as our family owns those, but there is no real reason to have an assault rifle unless you're in the military.

"In Europe we don't have any mass killing rampages!"

*Looks at WWI and WWII*

You're right Europe. You're so far ahead of us. Until we start a world war we can never be on par.

So if the psycho/random unpredictable citizen decided to go buy some fertilizer and diesel fuel and make a bomb out of it would you then restrict the purchase of those items if the entire school had been destroyed.
    Except there are mechanisms in place for the government to be notified of large/suspicious purchases of fertilizers, so...