View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
3386. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,088 61.67%
  • No

    1,298 38.33%
  1. #4441
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hilarious
    Not bad. Not great, but not bad. Actually did pretty good until he went the liberal media route. Might as well have tossed violent video games in for good measure too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  2. #4442
    This is about the NEED to have this type of weapons. Sure you NEED a concealed hand gun. In fact you are protected to have one. But you do you REALLY need an AR-15. lets recount

    A: You cannot take it outside. Not like you can hide it under your coat.

    B: If you take it outside to hunt. Because with each trigger it releases more bullets then say a hand gun for max impact its clearly not designed for hunting.

    C: You can carry weapons. But no one has provided a legit reason why you need this weapon other then ..the freedom to choose.

    I linked this a few pages back. But words simply do not do justice. Lets review this video again so you can see EXACTLY what an AR-15 does and you tell me after watching this video if this is the sorta weapon you would have in the back.



    Also Dems want to Ban magazine as I updated the home page to reflect this. Magazines that can contain more then 10 bullets in them. That to be more then fair. If you need to defend yourself then you only need a few bullets do this.

  3. #4443
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is about the NEED to have this type of weapons. Sure you NEED a concealed hand gun. In fact you are protected to have one. But you do you REALLY need an AR-15. lets recount

    A: You cannot take it outside. Not like you can hide it under your coat.

    B: If you take it outside to hunt. Because with each trigger it releases more bullets then say a hand gun for max impact its clearly not designed for hunting.

    C: You can carry weapons. But no one has provided a legit reason why you need this weapon other then ..the freedom to choose.

    I linked this a few pages back. But words simply do not do justice. Lets review this video again so you can see EXACTLY what an AR-15 does and you tell me after watching this video if this is the sorta weapon you would have in the back.



    Also Dems want to Ban magazine as I updated the home page to reflect this. Magazines that can contain more then 10 bullets in them. That to be more then fair. If you need to defend yourself then you only need a few bullets do this.
    You didn't even watch your own video. This is getting sad.

  4. #4444
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    You didn't even watch your own video. This is getting sad.
    Feedback from Pro Guns rights people who say ..you didn't even watch your own video is getting sad. Is not a solid counter argument. This video was made years ago. This weapon is easily obtained by your state like say Texas and if they allow you to pick up an AR-15. You actually answered NONE...not one of the questions I proposed you to answer.

    NOT ONE.

    This is the major divide. You are likely going to make a sarcastic comment about the video in nature and REFUSE to answer any of my logical and rational questions instead of focusing on your point of view. I have listened in great detail yet I am STILL not hearing a reason to needing one of these weapons. I'd love to stay on more tonight and debate.

    I'm headed to sleep for tonight.

    However regardless of the video or what you think. There is still the question that lingers. Why do you need an assault rifle. The answer is you don't. You need that weapon as much as a rocket launcher. 20 children died at the hands of this weapon. That is almost the worst murder ...ever in history of United State because mostly children were the victims.

    Yet all people seem to want to aruge is the terms defined the weapon and not the weapon itself. That is what is sad.

  5. #4445
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is about the NEED to have this type of weapons. Sure you NEED a concealed hand gun. In fact you are protected to have one. But you do you REALLY need an AR-15. lets recount

    A: You cannot take it outside. Not like you can hide it under your coat.

    B: If you take it outside to hunt. Because with each trigger it releases more bullets then say a hand gun for max impact its clearly not designed for hunting.

    C: You can carry weapons. But no one has provided a legit reason why you need this weapon other then ..the freedom to choose.

    I linked this a few pages back. But words simply do not do justice. Lets review this video again so you can see EXACTLY what an AR-15 does and you tell me after watching this video if this is the sorta weapon you would have in the back.



    Also Dems want to Ban magazine as I updated the home page to reflect this. Magazines that can contain more then 10 bullets in them. That to be more then fair. If you need to defend yourself then you only need a few bullets do this.
    So you're ranting off about how we don't need to own semi-automatic rifles yet you're linking a video of a weapon that is clearly fully automatic, thus making it an assault rifle. Your own fucking video has this pop up in it "This video is NOT represent a firearm that is available for sale to the general public. It is solely available to the military and law enforcement communities.". I hate to break it to you but assault rifles are already heavily regulated by the federal government.

    You should probably go read up on open carry laws. Michigan has them along with other states, and you can surely waltz around with any gun you want in a non threatening manner. For the umpteenth thousand time, you cannot fire more than one round per trigger pull on a semi-automatic weapon. So a regular AR-15 cannot do this, it would require you modifying the gun which would be illegal.

  6. #4446
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Feedback from Pro Guns rights people who say ..you didn't even watch your own video is getting sad. Is not a solid counter argument. This video was made years ago. This weapon is easily obtained by your state like say Texas and if they allow you to pick up an AR-15.
    You should really watch your own video.

    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    You actually answered NONE...not one of the questions I proposed you to answer.

    NOT ONE.
    Hunting, sport, collecting, home defense, and self defense.

    Those are my reasons but I don't actually even need one.

    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is the major divide. You are likely going to make a sarcastic comment about the video in nature and REFUSE to answer any of my logical and rational questions instead of focusing on your point of view. I have listened in great detail yet I am STILL not hearing a reason to needing one of these weapons. I'd love to stay on more tonight and debate.

    I'm headed to sleep for tonight.

    However regardless of the video or what you think. There is still the question that lingers. Why do you need an assault rifle. The answer is you don't. You need that weapon as much as a rocket launcher. 20 children died at the hands of this weapon. That is almost the worst murder ...ever in history of United State because mostly children were the victims.

    Yet all people seem to want to aruge is the terms defined the weapon and not the weapon itself. That is what is sad.


    Here is my AR15. What makes this weapon more deadly than any other semi-auto rifle? The answer is nothing.

  7. #4447
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    So you're ranting off about how we don't need to own semi-automatic rifles yet you're linking a video of a weapon that is clearly fully automatic, thus making it an assault rifle. Your own fucking video has this pop up in it "This video is NOT represent a firearm that is available for sale to the general public. It is solely available to the military and law enforcement communities.". I hate to break it to you but assault rifles are already heavily regulated by the federal government.

    You should probably go read up on open carry laws. Michigan has them along with other states, and you can surely waltz around with any gun you want in a non threatening manner. For the umpteenth thousand time, you cannot fire more than one round per trigger pull on a semi-automatic weapon. So a regular AR-15 cannot do this, it would require you modifying the gun which would be illegal.
    But..before I head to bed. I wanted to point out something simple. In this response much like the other gun fanatics you completely and utterly ignored my rational questions. I asked if you forgot. I can repeat it.

    Why does ANYONE need an assault rifle?

    I'm pretty sure I posted this in fine detail several times. Even BEFORE the video. So the video did catch your attention. YET you found yourself open enough to object that is the wrong type of weapon. Even using cussing. I never understood cussing to be quite frank. I can have a civil and calm discussion without blowing my top off.

    You reminded me of this poster who I was jokingly said he was on roids because he yelled at me in all caps. Again he ignored all questions why he needs this death machine and rather focused on my words. Well excuse me for not being the gun expert cleaning my guns and putting it back in one piece. I am however a member of society and as a member of society I have certain rights to my safety.

    Again most of your post comments about my understanding of the weapon. As if that discounts this weapon the 223 Bush Master AR-15 was used to ambush the fire fighters killing TWO of them. Used in New Town murders killing 20 kids and 7 adults. The movies wounding several people. What do they all have in common.

    The AR-15.

    I have been repeating this several times. Forget that the Oxford dictionary defines the AR-15 as an assault rifle or get over the you tube video. Why do you need it. I think the answer is quite clear you don't. Whats interesting is the hostile attacks against posters who have a different view point. Maybe the fear of thinking we're out to steal your guns away or something.

    My point still stands and as we speak.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2376838.html

    I doubt seriously people go hunting with this type of weapon unless they're looking to hit innocent bystanders. Slandering me does not discredit the entire discussion. I am simply the mes sager explaining what the dems are doing.

    Oh yeah as for not for sale to the general public. It actually is. Its stated even so in the video. You just have to go through a ton of paper work. However I am in the Texas area. If I wanted to I could pick up a weapon like this for a quick background check. OR I could go to a gun show and buy it from someone with virtually no record of the sale or anything.

    And its LEGAL.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-12-29 at 05:12 AM.

  8. #4448
    The thing that makes me laugh and cringe about pro-gun folks is they try and use localized gun control examples to prove it won't work.

    Localized gun control will never work in a country like the US, but I guess they're grasping at straws now.

  9. #4449
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,750
    You know I thought about taking Woolery apart point by point but since some of his claims have already been successfully disputed in this thread I might as well add one that has not been yet. Number three? The "rifle behind every blade of grass" one? There is no actual proof that Yamamoto ever said that. Like the "sleeping giant" quote which, while popular, has also never been shown to have ever actually been said by him.
    Sorry Charlie...
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-29 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Hungry for tuna
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  10. #4450
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is about the NEED to have this type of weapons. Sure you NEED a concealed hand gun. In fact you are protected to have one. But you do you REALLY need an AR-15. lets recount

    A: You cannot take it outside. Not like you can hide it under your coat.

    B: If you take it outside to hunt. Because with each trigger it releases more bullets then say a hand gun for max impact its clearly not designed for hunting.

    C: You can carry weapons. But no one has provided a legit reason why you need this weapon other then ..the freedom to choose.

    I linked this a few pages back. But words simply do not do justice. Lets review this video again so you can see EXACTLY what an AR-15 does and you tell me after watching this video if this is the sorta weapon you would have in the back.



    Also Dems want to Ban magazine as I updated the home page to reflect this. Magazines that can contain more then 10 bullets in them. That to be more then fair. If you need to defend yourself then you only need a few bullets do this.
    The worst part is, I know there's at least one AR style rifle that has no stock on it and you can carry it as a concealed carry. I mean really, beyond retarded to be able to do that.

  11. #4451
    FACT: Gun people are actually really really huge idiots who think that murder weapons can stave off people with murder weapons "hurr durr if I got a gun he got a gun he get a gun anyway illegal way and me legal way even playing field let's just make it easy for everyone to get"

    Imagine ok, just for a second imagine ok if it was HARD to get a firearm and not every inbred twatstain with a mullet could get their stumpy thumbless hands on one. Murder rate up or down? Remember OK, this is the really difficult bit for you I know, but it is HARDER to get a firearm, so less people get their hands on them OK? SO that is LESS people with the capability of killing 30 people in 6.2 seconds ok?

    This is not a difficult concept, and yet people forego ockham's razor and add unnecessary contingencies "but what if" ad nauseum. LESS GUNS = LESS PEOPLE KILLED BY GUNS. Simplest math in the entire fucking universe. "BUT WHAT ABOUT KN-" No. BUT WHAT ABOUT AX-" No. Less of those = less people killed by those. But so what the same math applies? All that shit is a distraction made by a simpleton who just likes guns because he likes loud noises and fireworks because he is mentally 6 years old.

    Gun people annoy the shit out of me for how little regard they have for human life. You want your loud toys and have actually built up such a wall of self defense and hunting nonsense bullshit you actually fucking believe it yourself. That's how fundamentally screwed up you are, you just like guns so much you ignore the simplest math in the entire world that says people, flesh bones and muscle, DIE so you can have your toys and justify it by saying you're defending yourself against other idiots with the same passion for toys.

    God I hope this gets me banned, I seriously can't stand watching you idiots even type out individual words without spiraling into a pit of despair over the fact that it's still legal for your kind to procreate.

    Infracted: Please refrain from stereotyping
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-29 at 07:44 AM.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

    You are now.

  12. #4452
    The last time we had an "assault rifle" ban in place gun violence was actually higher than it is today. Then again, the final goal is to limit/ban ownership of all guns. Anyone who supports an "assault rifle" ban who says otherwise is liar...

    You want to see something really neat? Look at the places where the most gun violence occurs and then look at the red/blue map showing how that area votes.

  13. #4453
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,456
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is about the NEED to have this type of weapons. Sure you NEED a concealed hand gun. In fact you are protected to have one. But you do you REALLY need an AR-15. lets recount

    A: You cannot take it outside. Not like you can hide it under your coat.
    Many states are implementing open carry laws, where you may carry virtually any legal firearm, openly, as long as it's in a non-threatening manner.

    B: If you take it outside to hunt. Because with each trigger it releases more bullets then say a hand gun for max impact its clearly not designed for hunting.
    Bluntly, you're talking out of your ass here. The AR-15 is a semi-automatic weapon, which means you will never fire more than one round per trigger-pull. It's typically chambered for .223, which is the civilian version of the 5.56x45mm NATO military round. Well, technically the NATO military round was derived from the .223, but that's splitting hairs. At any rate, the .223 is a round which is similar in size to 5.56mm NATO, but is considerably less powerful.

    It's a common, cheap, and readily available round and is often used for hunting small game ("varmints"), and is especially popular for target shooting. The .223 Remington is pretty much the .38 Special of the rifle world.

    C: You can carry weapons. But no one has provided a legit reason why you need this weapon other then ..the freedom to choose.
    Okay. And?


    EDIT: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...8/Stag2wi_.jpg

    Those are AR-15s. If you want to be specific, only the part at the very bottom, the receiver, is the actual AR-15. The rest is window dressing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  14. #4454
    Then again, the final goal is to limit/ban ownership of all guns. Anyone who supports an "assault rifle" ban who says otherwise is liar...
    Any concept of how intellectually dishonest you're being here?
    You want to see something really neat? Look at the places where the most gun violence occurs and then look at the red/blue map showing how that area votes.
    I don't think this is going to go the way you want it to.

    Because as far as I can find, out of the top 3 states for violent crime, two are red states.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:26 AM ----------

    Actually here's a map of violent crime in the US

    Not seeing any correlation between voting blue and being less safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  15. #4455
    Quote Originally Posted by angry bastard View Post
    Imagine ok, just for a second imagine ok if it was HARD to get a firearm and not every inbred twatstain with a mullet...
    Nothing like a little racism to make you feel self righteous eh?

    Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.
    http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/race.cfm

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 11:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Because as far as I can find, out of the top 3 states for violent crime, two are red states.
    Look a little closer at the how the counties with the highest gun crime vote... The vast majority of these crimes aren't happening in rural redneck towns in flyover country where these mystical "hillbillies with guns" live.

  16. #4456
    Here's an article that says EXACTLY what I been saying. Only better:

    The guy who killed all those people at Sandy Hook Elementary used a Bushmaster AR-15 .223-caliber assault rifle with 30-round magazines.

    The guy who killed all those people in the Aurora, Colo., movie theater last summer used a Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifle with 100-round “drums.” The guy who shot up the mall near Portland a couple weeks ago used a Bushmaster AR-15.

    Just the other day, when a felon and all-around messed-up dude in New York set a fire and then shot responding firefighters, he used a Bushmaster AR-15.

    In the course of the vigorous dressing down I received last week for suggesting that guns might somehow play a role in gun violence, I was struck by the repeated insistence that the weapon used in that Connecticut elementary school was a trifling little thing.

    • The man who shot up the movie theater in Colorado had 3,000 legal rounds of .223 ammunition, including a 100-round drum that he had purchased online. The police chief of Aurora estimated he could fire between 50 and 60 rounds per minute, one trigger pull at a time.

    • In the weeks after that shooting, some lawmakers proposed limits on high-capacity magazines. That proposal went nowhere, of course. “Who determines what ‘high-capacity’ is?” Luke O’Dell, of the National Association for Gun Rights, asked at the time. “It’s a slippery slope we start walking when we start picking and choosing what rights of the Constitution and Bill of Rights we’re going to follow.”

    • The Bushmaster .223 is one of a few versions of the demilitarized M16 – rifles known as AR-15s. It can only be called a “little twenty-two” – a little rabbit plinker – if you’re trying to fool someone you think is dumb. While the ammunition for the assault rifle and the plinker may be the same diameter, the .223 has a longer projectile and much more power – a lot more gunpowder behind it

    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...onality-ar-15/

  17. #4457
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Nothing like a little racism to make you feel self righteous eh?

    Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.
    http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/race.cfm
    Stereotype aside, he has a point.

    How many of the ridiculous amounts of firearm murders in the US each year are committed with fully auto rifles?

    Less than a thousand... I wonder why! Probably because they aren't as accessible, how 'bout that...

    But no! You keep your firearms to protect yourselves from criminals with firearms that get firearms so easily because they're so easily accessible.

    As long as the endless circle of violence kept alive by perpetual ignorance and intransigence is kept on your side of the pond, fire away.

  18. #4458
    Look a little closer at the how the counties with the highest gun crime vote... The vast majority of these crimes aren't happening in rural redneck towns in flyover country where these mystical "hillbillies with guns" live.
    You're moving goal posts. Provide some data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  19. #4459
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Here's an article that says EXACTLY what I been saying. Only better:

    The guy who killed all those people at Sandy Hook Elementary used a Bushmaster AR-15 .223-caliber assault rifle with 30-round magazines.

    The guy who killed all those people in the Aurora, Colo., movie theater last summer used a Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifle with 100-round “drums.” The guy who shot up the mall near Portland a couple weeks ago used a Bushmaster AR-15.

    Just the other day, when a felon and all-around messed-up dude in New York set a fire and then shot responding firefighters, he used a Bushmaster AR-15.

    In the course of the vigorous dressing down I received last week for suggesting that guns might somehow play a role in gun violence, I was struck by the repeated insistence that the weapon used in that Connecticut elementary school was a trifling little thing.

    • The man who shot up the movie theater in Colorado had 3,000 legal rounds of .223 ammunition, including a 100-round drum that he had purchased online. The police chief of Aurora estimated he could fire between 50 and 60 rounds per minute, one trigger pull at a time.

    • In the weeks after that shooting, some lawmakers proposed limits on high-capacity magazines. That proposal went nowhere, of course. “Who determines what ‘high-capacity’ is?” Luke O’Dell, of the National Association for Gun Rights, asked at the time. “It’s a slippery slope we start walking when we start picking and choosing what rights of the Constitution and Bill of Rights we’re going to follow.”

    • The Bushmaster .223 is one of a few versions of the demilitarized M16 – rifles known as AR-15s. It can only be called a “little twenty-two” – a little rabbit plinker – if you’re trying to fool someone you think is dumb. While the ammunition for the assault rifle and the plinker may be the same diameter, the .223 has a longer projectile and much more power – a lot more gunpowder behind it

    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...onality-ar-15/
    The most recent one didn't actually use the rifle, even though he had it, but yeah.

  20. #4460
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,750
    Looks like Spengler got his through a straw purchase.

    http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/194...lliam-Spengler

    Ugh...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 11:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    The most recent one didn't actually use the rifle, even though he had it, but yeah.
    The William Spengler one? Thought he emptied one of the Bushmaster's "clips."
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •