Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the new gun laws, move to a different country?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Wait so we're really into "if you don't agree with us just get out"?

How American of us, truly.
    Exactly. How kind of them to offer if I don't share the majority view's that reflect my state. I should instead of trying to make a difference simply move. It's sincerely quite amusing though the pure notion that they suggested it. I assure you there are many people in my state who share my view and they still live here despite not agreeing with all the laws.

Odd I know.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    That sounds like an excellent idea. In fact let's separate all Liberals to live in the North and all Republicans while we are at it. Just because I do not agree with some of the United States law's like the assault weapons does not mean I should re-locate outside my state or even outside the country. The supreme court is highest law in the land and till they explicitly say they will not ban this weapon.

Then it is up for debate. The great thing about America it's a very diverse background with cultures and different people from all over the world. We do not all share a similar view. Even the President of United States is arguing for common sense gun laws. Should he move to Kenya as many Republicans have suggested. That is an insult to the integrity of the President.

Though if you mean why do I stay in Texas. Why not. Are you suggesting a certain place inside the United States I should go. I always wanted to live in CA though. I live though in a very small town and I understand that this state is mostly republican. In fact in the elections Obama never even bothered to campaign here. I don't see the connection what I believe in should direct where I live to be honest.
    So you don't like the laws here.

You didn't start here by choice.

But you want to stay.

Have you been known to stay in abusive relationships? That's not mentally healthy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:47 PM ----------

Exactly. How kind of them to offer if I don't share the majority view's that reflect my state. I should instead of trying to make a difference simply move. It's sincerely quite amusing though the pure notion that they suggested it. I assure you there are many people in my state who share my view and they still live here despite not agreeing with all the laws.

Odd I know.

So what would you say if I lived in California, have well enough opportunity to move, but stayed even though I don't agree with all their laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post

But you want to stay.

Have you been known to stay in abusive relationships? That's not mentally healthy.
    It's not that I do not like all the laws. I do not agree with Gun Laws here. However as of now they do not affect me either directly or indirectly it's not that big of a deal to actually pack up my things or serious enough that I should move simply because I have a different point of view then some people on a certain law. Why are you so aggressively suggesting I move outside of Texas.

Assault weapons are legal all over the United States. Texas just has a more relaxed position. It doesn't irate me to point I actually need to move because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so we're really into "if you don't agree with us just get out"?

How American of us, truly.
    A lot of people don't value the freedom of movement apparently. I never got that line of thought myself.

Force is a drug.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

So if the gun laws don't really affect you directly or indirectly, and you don't mind living in a state with a buttload of them, why are you so vehement to change gun law?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't like your kind 'round here, so 'git

It's not that I do not like all the laws. I do not agree with Gun Laws here. However as of now they do not affect me either directly or indirectly it's not that big of a deal to actually pack up my things or serious enough that I should move simply because I have a different point of view then some people on a certain law. Why are you so aggressively suggesting I move outside of Texas.

Assault weapons are legal all over the United States. Texas just has a more relaxed position. It doesn't irate me to point I actually need to move because of it.
    It definitely irates you to the point of having an absolute unwavering opinion on "ban all gunz!" despite saying you're "open to discussion", which, you've been proven wrong a lot, but still have that point of view.

Why do you aggressively suggest I not allow myself to be safe?
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer

It definitely irates you to the point of having an absolute unwavering opinion on "ban all gunz!" despite saying you're "open to discussion", which, you've been proven wrong a lot, but still have that point of view.

Why do you aggressively suggest I not allow myself to be safe?
    I haven't been proven wrong alot that is factually incorrect sole decider.

Secondly. I never said ban all weapons. I said assault weapons then I said at least background checks and High Capacity Magazines. Till this point the suggestion I should move outside of Texas because of my position on guns is different then some have been amusing. However I do not feel this is an actual debate on anything serious.

We're pulling the thread off topic and focusing solely intent on me. While I am flattered by the attention. It's throwing the entire debate off topic. I regret to inform you Texas is stuck with me. I believe it's my FREEDOM to live where I want.

Secondly. I never said ban all weapons. I said assault weapons then I said at least background checks and High Capacity Magazines. Till this point the suggestion I should move outside of Texas because of my position on guns is different then some have been amusing. However I do not feel this is an actual debate on anything serious.

We're pulling the thread off topic and focusing solely intent on me. While I am flattered by the attention. It's throwing the entire debate off topic. I regret to inform you Texas is stuck with me. I believe it's my FREEDOM to live where I want.
    You sure love talking about yourself, then claiming others are derailing the thread when you.... keep talking about yourself.

You actually have been proven wrong often. You kept saying how dangerous "assault weapons" are, yet you were proven wrong about that and the previous ban.

You said fully-automatic rifles were better for long range over semi-automatics.

That's blatantly incorrect.

You said fully-automatic rifles were better for long range over semi-automatics.

That's blatantly incorrect.
    Do you mind showing me the exact quote where I said that in detail. My memory is a bit foggy. If you can do so I would be happy to respond in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    A lot of people don't value the freedom of movement apparently. I never got that line of thought myself.

Force is a drug.
    Who said anything about freedom of movement?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't like your kind 'round here, so 'git
    I take issue with this line of thought, at least at a national level. The whole point of our government is for the people to decide, if indirectly, what laws are put in place. You don't get to tell people who don't like the laws to just leave. They have every right to fight to change them.

10+ Year Old Account

But you want to stay.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:47 PM ----------

So what would you say if I lived in California, have well enough opportunity to move, but stayed even though I don't agree with all their laws?
    I'm a liberal person who moved from California to Texas. There are a lot of reasons to live in a place where the majority don't hold your viewpoint. This is especially true when it's easy to find places where you can find like minded people within that area. I live in the center of Houston in large part because I enjoy the culture of Houston's center more than the outskirts.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about freedom of movement?
    Anyone who thinks people should move because they're different from the majority would have issues with it I suppose

i have crossbow does that count as a gun?\

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
    i have crossbow does that count as a gun?\
    Negative.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks people should move because they're different from the majority would have issues with it I suppose
    So you're not arguing that people should move if they don't like the laws?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So you are attacking gays now all for wanting equality?
    nah man just pointing out its human nature to want more, whether its good or bad...