View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
3411. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,105 61.71%
  • No

    1,306 38.29%
  1. #10481
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,289
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Point of view

    Not fact. Now if you kindly excuse me it's 1 am. But feel free to discuss the subject at hand. I'd love to talk about the situation Fox and even provide examples. However it's getting late and sleep more important then proving how massively incorrect you are and..ignorant a word used from your limited vocabulary.
    Huff Post writing shitty science articles is as much a point of view as believing bananas evolve into jaguars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  2. #10482
    Stood in the Fire Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    463
    Am I crazy for not watching TV at all?
    I'm a gun-toting, Constitution clinging American atheist, in that order.

  3. #10483
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Are you serious. Fox News distorts the truth. HuffPuff may have a liberal agenda but their information is not made up. It's not lies. It's actual events that are taking place. Fox on purpose seeks to hide their biased claiming fair and balanced. They intentionally only show certain shows that try to convince you despite best interest your government is out to declare civil war. It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go. In fact a study shown people who watch Fox News know less then those who watch NO NEWS

    Examples:

    Sunday morning news shows do the most to help people learn about current events, while some outlets, especially Fox News, lead people to be even less informed than those who they don't watch any news at all.

    But the real finding is that the results depend on what media sources people turn to for their news. For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors).

    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/11...re-than/183982
    Funny you say Fox bends the truth. Who is being sued for editing tape of George Zimmerman's 911 call. NBC. Who is in trouble for editing the testimony of the newtown father that was supposedly heckled every single news channel except FOX. Yet there the ones that bend the truth nice try though.

  4. #10484
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Funny you say Fox bends the truth. Who is being sued for editing tape of George Zimmerman's 911 call. NBC. Who is in trouble for editing the testimony of the newtown father that was supposedly heckled every single news channel except FOX. Yet there the ones that bend the truth nice try though.
    I think it's safe to say that all the major news outlets are full of shit to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  5. #10485
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I think it's safe to say that all the major news outlets are full of shit to some degree.
    LIES only Fox is according to most on here. Now you take that back before Fused ignores you.

  6. #10486
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    LIES only Fox is according to most on here. Now you take that back before Fused ignores you.
    Meh, I try to not be too hard on the guy. IIRC he's like ~14-`5 or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  7. #10487
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Am I crazy for not watching TV at all?
    No. In America, the free market does not value proper reporting. CNN is better than the others but not significantly better. It's all trash for ratings.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  8. #10488
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Unless you agree with MSNBC you are ignorant, am I right?
    Of course! They are the only reliable form of news! the fact that, once again, the poster is bending the statements of others and dodging the issue makes my head hurt
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

  9. #10489
    Because more laws will stop people who want guns from getting guns.

  10. #10490
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalcombat View Post
    Because more laws will stop people who want guns from getting guns.
    What about hammers?
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...5&status&title

  11. #10491
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Woah when was the last mass killing with hammers done?!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  12. #10492
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Woah when was the last mass killing with hammers done?!
    I think I read more people are killed with hammers than many other things.

  13. #10493
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think I read more people are killed with hammers than many other things.
    Hammers are so inelegant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  14. #10494
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think I read more people are killed with hammers than many other things.
    So? More people are killed with cancer? What does a tool useful for millions of tasks have to do with weapons?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  15. #10495
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    So? More people are killed with cancer? What does a tool useful for millions of tasks have to do with weapons?
    Because when you bash peoples skulls in with it, it becomes a weapon not a tool.

  16. #10496
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go. In fact a study shown people who watch Fox News know less then those who watch NO NEWS
    It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go.
    It's just massively distorted on a new level

    You mean like this? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...HhnS_blog.html
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

  17. #10497
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Because when you bash peoples skulls in with it, it becomes a weapon not a tool.
    But a hammer is for nails. Guns are for killing. Tool vs weapon.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  18. #10498
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    But a hammer is for nails. Guns are for killing. Tool vs weapon.
    Shooting small objects you mean, a long way?
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

  19. #10499
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    But a hammer is for nails. Guns are for killing. Tool vs weapon.
    Well if I only shoot at targets like in gun shooting competitions then wouldn't my gun be a tool? It isn't killing anything.

  20. #10500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    But a hammer is for nails. Guns are for killing. Tool vs weapon.
    If I buy a hammer to murder, isn't it just a weapon? If I buy a rifle just for target shooting, isn't it just a tool?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •