Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    It's very simple. Because their only purpose is to kill people. Even if we're talking about self defense, most people are going to use them to kill people. I don't have to have anything to do with them and I don't want to. There's a pretty big difference between being passively negative towards guns and being the same towards knives. Knives don't have a sole purpose to kill people. However, when I see someone, like a friend, take out a Swiss knife and pretend they're carrying it around as a self-defense measure, I get equally upset. I don't want anyone around me to be armed with a lethal weapon. At home they can do whatever the hell they want, but the public is a different matter.

Oh, OP, another reason why I'm antagonistic towards guns is because the US has a pretty big history of school shootings and the like and I can't remember the last time I saw one of those mass murderers who wasn't massively exposed to the gun culture. You know what the gun culture's like in my country? It's not non-existent. It's negative. When I accidentally found my dad's gun in the garage while looking for some ping-pong balls, I didn't go: "Oh, this looks fancy." I wasn't one bit interested. I felt like I had committed a crime by simply finding that thing there.

So yeah, I'm afraid to say, but your Constitution has some pretty gigantic flaws in it. Like the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment is what led to the gun culture and that's what leads to the school shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Yes, exactly. Is it too hard to realize that anti-gun people in 99% of the cases don't want to ban guns but to regulate them?
    this thread man

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    That's bullshit, There is plenty of reason to own a bow, because target shooting IMO is fun, Just because you don't want to use it to kill with, doesn't mean you have no reason to own one, Weapons are a HUGE part of our world history, the world has changed many times because of them, and thus people have an interest in them, there is nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I think we can agree to disagree, you obviously miss the point, a gun is a tool, yes it can be used for killing but that is not it's sole purpose anymore. We cant argue with your type because all you do is stick your fingers in your ear and yell "LALALALALA". Your complete refusal to look at it from any other point of view, even if you don't agree with it, shows that you are oblivious to anything other than what mass media tells you on the TV.
    WHAT SOLID REASON YOU HAVE TO OWN A GUN. JUST GIVE ME ONE! FUCKING ONE! There is not one logical reason.
    Aye mate

WHAT SOLID REASON YOU HAVE TO OWN A GUN. JUST GIVE ME ONE! FUCKING ONE! There is one logical reason.
    Hobby /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    this thread man
    I had Airwaves in my mind, this is why I said 99%. Wasn't it obvious enough?

Quote Originally Posted by hagima View Post
    So? Does not make it any less dangerous? What kind of argument is that?
    He was refuting Airwave's comment how guns are only used to murder, not making the argument that guns aren't dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hobby /10char
    No that isn't. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. There is zero reason a civilian HAS to own a gun.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I think we can agree to disagree, you obviously miss the point, a gun is a tool, yes it can be used for killing but that is not it's sole purpose anymore. We cant argue with your type because all you do is stick your fingers in your ear and yell "LALALALALA". Your complete refusal to look at it from any other point of view, even if you don't agree with it, shows that you are oblivious to anything other than what mass media tells you on the TV.
    Isnt the mass media telling you obama will come for your guns? And the right to have arms is so supercool?

I had Airwaves in my mind, this is why I said 99%. Wasn't it obvious enough?
    We have enough of em. As I said, WA has open carry with no license, yet we fail to shoot each other up.

No that isn't. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. There is zero reason a civilian HAS to own a gun.
    Bill of rights, not bill o needs broseph

10+ Year Old Account
    We have enough of em. As I said, WA has open carry with no license, yet we fail to shoot each other up.
    One civilian shooting another civilian is far to many.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    The UK has some of the highest crime rate in the world... what are you even on about?
    According to the UN, the UK had 1.2 intentional homicides per 100,000 people in 2012 compared to 4.7 per 100k in the USA in the same year. Great point otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

Yes, they're lethal. We know this. But so are knives, rocks, plastic bags, pillows and, in some movies... psycho rabbits (unless you have a holy hand grenade). Honestly though, what is the issue here? It's a projectile the same as an arrow just at a... slightly (okay, more than slightly) higher speed and/or rate of fire. People act as if the gun itself is the root of all evil... it's an inanimate object.

I think it basically comes down to the fact that people are so willing to trade away any sense of freedom in the name of a false security. I will never understand why people continue to put so much faith in Government when it never has and never will be able to protect you. We should be teaching people how to protect themselves while advocating responsible ownership of firearms.

I never want to be in a situation where I'm unable to defend myself or my family because Government (or society for that matter) dictates that I ring the police and wait 15-45 minutes for a response. It's irresponsible, juvenile and at the end of the day, stupidity. And yet I'm the paranoid guy when half of society is walking around afraid of their own shadow?
    I don't get it. How do you equal "gun" with "freedom"? You think we're afraid of guns? We're not. We're afraid of people like you with guns. Because if you say "gun" is "freedom", you might as well say "killing everyone in sight" is like "sane". But let's ignore that and go back to my question, why do you equalise a gun with freedom? If I get myself a nice Tank, do I have more freedom than you? What about me getting a sweet Kevlar vest and an AK. I knock at your door and hold the assault rifle to your head. Do you have more freedom than me? Can it be measured? What's your stupid gun going to help you? How are you going to deescalate any situation with a gun? How many of these fucked up gun discussions do you need to figure out that:

Gun's don't shoot people. People shoot people. But here's the kicker: People without guns also don't shoot people.

I know, it's really a foreign concept, but there's global statistics, crime statistics, common bloody sense and media, school shootings and the fact that only rednecks and people without a three digit IQ seem to hang out in their backyard shooting guns at shit for "fun" and you still don't get it. You won't get it after this discussion, you'll make up some weird funky shit about how it's unconstitutional, how you need to defend yourself by fucking killling everyone else and how you're in CONTROL of your life.

You're not. And your gun won't change that. You're a prisoner of your own fear. You'll never be free. There are no keys to open your cage, because it's in your head. Erected by whoever planted the idea in your head that you live in the wild west, where only you and your gun can protect your family.

Because I've been robbed at gun point and it will never happen again.

I was robbed at gunpoint as well when i was 19 here in Denmark and i still go out at night alone withouth the "need" to defend myself at all with something as stupid as a gun, carrying a gun is never the answer for defending yourself.

Your extreme anti-gun stance is pretty stupid, as is this statement. We don't have to use electricity, do we? But we do and using guns should be allowed too, but only regulated.

One civilian shooting another civilian is far to many.
    lol. I can make a shotgun with a plumbing pipe if I was desperate. Read the anarchists cookbook or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongl View Post
    According to the UN, the UK had 1.2 intentional homicides per 100,000 people in 2012 compared to 4.7 per 100k in the USA in the same year. Great point otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate
    People fail to see there is a difference between crime rates and gun murders. Stealing a TV is no where near as bad a shooting someone.

- - - Updated - - -

lol. I can make a shotgun with a plumbing pipe if I was desperate. Read the anarchists cookbook or some shit.
    I don't even see what that has to do with what I said...
    Aye mate

I don't HAVEto own a gun, but I CAN and I WANT to. See I can use caps and bold to try and make my point too.

I'm a law abiding citizen. What I use my guns for is irrelevant, they are inert object when they are locked in the safe, they aren't going to magically start hurting people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your extreme anti-gun stance is pretty stupid, as is this statement. We don't have to use electricity, do we? But we do and using guns should be allowed too, but only regulated.
    Electricity isn't used to murder people. It is used to enhance humanity. Guns only drag us backwards not forward.
    Aye mate

I don't even see what that has to do with what I said...
    ONE IS ONE TOO MANY is a bullshit stance. Using your logic we should shut down the internet, because it has directly lead to peoples deaths.

Guns arent going anywhere, try figuring out why they shoot each other. Hint, they happen in the inner cities for the most part. Leave me in the boonies alone.