Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    if i read it right and followed the context it was about constitutional rights being revoked on a "whim" ... so it´s not a false equivalency
    Being arrested and being denied a license to carry a firearm are not even remotely the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    If you can show a person "has exhibited or engaged in behavior that suggests the applicant or card holder could potentially create a risk to public safety" shouldnt this person be denied from owning ANY type of sharp or blunt object that could be used to inflict harm? Shouldnt this person be under some type of surveilence? I mean by this very text we have a ticking time bomb walking the streets which is apparently ok as long as he cant get his hands on a firearm.
    Yes. I'd certainly agree with all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    if i read it right and followed the context it was about constitutional rights being revoked on a "whim" ... so it´s not a false equivalency
    Yeah. You would be correct. It's about the illegal implementation of a law, followed by an appeals process. It's not a false equivalency, but Tiny loves top hop on board the "fallacy train."
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So if 499 out of 500 legislators read the law, then "the legislature hasn't read the law."

What a dumb statement. Just admit you were wrong. It'll be much easier.
    Maybe your math skills are lacking as well?

499 out of 500 isn't 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about the illegal implementation of a law, followed by an appeals process.
    Too bad that isn't what you've been describing. Arresting someone is not an implementation of law.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

i could be wrong but isn´t this common practice in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

So in order to say "the legislature read the bill," it has to be 100% among all members? Where are you coming up with that opinion?

And do they have to read every single word, on every single page?

Under this definition, do you have any idea how many legislatures have never read bills? Your gripe is clearly elsewhere...

Too bad that isn't what you've been describing. Arresting someone is not an implementation of law.
    Arrest is the result of the breaking of the law (possession of illegal substance), just like revocation is the result of the breaking of the law (HB 4278). You're talking about the illegal implementation of a law resulting in appeals. Not a false equivalency.

Do you follow now? Up to speed?
    Eat yo vegetables

So in order to say "the legislature read the bill," it has to be 100% among all members? Where are you coming up with that opinion?

And do they have to read every single word, on every single page?

Under this definition, do you have any idea how many legislatures have never read bills? Your gripe is clearly elsewhere...
    Yes, in order to say a group of people has done something, they all have to have done it.
    Arrest is the result of the breaking of the law (possession of illegal substance), just like revocation is the result of the breaking of the law (HB 4278). You're talking about the illegal implementation of a law resulting in appeals. Not a false equivalency.

Do you follow now? Up to speed?
    Thanks for misrepresenting my argument to avoid admitting you're making a false equivalency.

Two things here. It's not "some cop". These are trained law enforcement professionals. In many cases, it's the local police chief.

Secondly, I wasn't aware that people couldn't "defend themselves" without firearms. Guess we just have to jump straight to the most effective option.
    Fixed that for you. Some drugged out dude breaks into my house all bath-salted up, there's a chance I could physically restrain him without injuring either party, but why risk it? His well-being is not a priority for me at that point. I'd rather have a gun and be sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    Fixed that for you. Some drugged out dude breaks into my house all bath-salted up, there's a chance I could physically restrain him without injuring either party, but why risk it? His well-being is not a priority for me at that point. I'd rather have a gun and be sure.
    you do realise that you´re putting yourself in the postion of a guy deemed a threat to society?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pointing out that the 2nd amendment is a thing to people who want to repeal the 2nd amendment is a waste of time, imo.
    Irony when it comes to the 14th, 16th, and 24th, for you and many others.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Giving local law enforcement professionals the ability to deny individuals the right to carry a firearm if they're deemed unsuitable? Makes sense to me.
    The issue is when there is no way to be "suitable" for someone. The law is actually a revision of the current law that basically allows them to say "no" without explanation. The new law requires them to document the reason for a decline as well as allowing judicial review.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know that the legislature didn't read it?
    We don't know who read it and who didn't. We do know that "The postponement motion failed 57-91.", so 57 said they wanted more time and 91 said they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I'd ask you to quote me ever making these statements, but you can't.

Only the second matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Only the second matters.
    And bits of the first.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And bits of the first.
    I can't think of a bit of a first that matters tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Voter ID. Better things to do than waste time finding them, but we know what you've posted about it.

Other posters in this thread spooge over the 2nd and berate dirty liberals for forgetting its existence, meanwhile denouncing taxation.

Fucking irony.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hasty generalizations make for surprisingly shallow attacks,

If think the 2nd amendment is a constitutional right, you must hate these other amendments.

- - - Updated - - -

Voter ID. Better things to do than waste time finding them, but we know what you've posted about it.

Other posters in this thread spooge over the 2nd and berate dirty liberals for forgetting its existence, meanwhile denouncing taxation.

Fucking irony.
    He's placed conditions upon his support for Voter ID.

Particularly, that the state provides IDs in order to eliminate the statue's ability to disenfranchise voters.

How does that equate to the erosion of a constitutional amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    He's placed conditions upon his support for Voter ID.

Particularly, that the state provides IDs in order to eliminate the statue's ability to disenfranchise voters.
    The idea that you can design a voter ID that doesn't disenfranchise legitimate voters is like saying if we just craft the right literacy tests and set the right poll taxes, they'd somehow become non-discriminatory and moral.

Oh and the same goes for abrogating gun ownership rights. There's no right way to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The idea that you can design a voter ID that doesn't disenfranchise legitimate voters is like saying if we just craft the right literacy tests and set the right poll taxes, they'd somehow become non-discriminatory and moral.

Oh and the same goes for abrogating gun ownership rights. There's no right way to do it.

The difficulty of meeting a condition does not change the fact that it is a condition that needs to bet met before support is given.

If anything, if the condition is impractical, it proves that someone in fact refuses to attack whatever constitutional amendment Voter ID violates.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    The difficulty of meeting a condition does not change the fact that it is a condition that needs to bet met before support is given.

If anything, if the condition is impractical, it proves that someone in fact refuses to attack whatever constitutional amendment Voter ID violates.
    I've been looking at both these sentences for a while now and I can't make them function as thoughts. What are you trying to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    I've been looking at both these sentences for a while now and I can't make them function as thoughts. What are you trying to say?
    Would've saved time if you asked when you immediately didn't follow rather then try to process it. I don't write to intentionally confuse. Ask me to elaborate or rephrase. I'm here for the reader.

I claimed that Tinykong placed a condition for his support for Voter ID

You responded that the condition was unrealistic.

I responded that what you said didn't change the fact that the condition had to be met before Tiny supported Voter ID.

Any better?