View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
3483. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,145 61.58%
  • No

    1,338 38.42%
  1. #39041
    Criminals will always find a way to obtain a weapon. The technology is not going anywhere because the knowledge to manufacture endures. It's safer in my humble opinion to just allow responsible citizens to defend themselves against a threat. Simply arguing that all guns should disappear or government should have stricter regulations will not solve the problem. Rather, arguable, it only enhances the problem.

  2. #39042
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Criminals will always find a way to obtain a weapon. The technology is not going anywhere because the knowledge to manufacture endures. It's safer in my humble opinion to just allow responsible citizens to defend themselves against a threat. Simply arguing that all guns should disappear or government should have stricter regulations will not solve the problem. Rather, arguable, it only enhances the problem.
    Except for the fact that criminals have a very hard time obtaining guns in countries that have tougher gun restrictions, including those which generally allow ownership but have things like strict licensing and registration. That's just a fact. It's not a matter of debate. The idea that people just get guns anyway is completely at odds with reality. This isn't a matter of competing theories or different worldviews. It's a matter of facts. You can choose to ignore these facts in favor of your pet talking points, but it only goes to show how you have to engage in delusion to keep propping up these ideas.

    Reasonable restrictions on gun ownership do not stop legitimate gun owners from obtaining them.

  3. #39043
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

    Reasonable restrictions on gun ownership do not stop legitimate gun owners from obtaining them.
    We already have reasonable restrictions.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  4. #39044
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We already have reasonable restrictions.
    No we don't. Licensing, registration, and a ban on private sales is what reasonable regulation looks like. Anything less is a waste of time.

  5. #39045
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And the armed citizens of America have quite the history of using those guns to keep their slaves in line. See, everyone can play this game!
    ....Heckler and Koch was established in 1949 by (former) Nazi weapons manufacturers; mainly Mauser action rifles. Slavery had ended quite some time before that.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  6. #39046
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No we don't. Licensing, registration, and a ban on private sales is what reasonable regulation looks like. Anything less is a waste of time.
    UBC is fine. A ban on private sales is ridiculous.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  7. #39047
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The problem is that a lack of reasonable restrictions on gun ownership facilitates criminals obtaining weapons. Extremist gun advocates argue argue for policies which do nothing to help legitimate gun owners to have guns, but do help people who shouldnt have guns to get them.
    What restriction do you consider reasonable (I'm going to assume 'reasonable' means not infringing on the Constitution)?
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  8. #39048
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except for the fact that criminals have a very hard time obtaining guns in countries that have tougher gun restrictions, including those which generally allow ownership but have things like strict licensing and registration. That's just a fact. It's not a matter of debate. The idea that people just get guns anyway is completely at odds with reality. This isn't a matter of competing theories or different worldviews. It's a matter of facts. You can choose to ignore these facts in favor of your pet talking points, but it only goes to show how you have to engage in delusion to keep propping up these ideas.

    Reasonable restrictions on gun ownership do not stop legitimate gun owners from obtaining them.

    The debate ends with a polarity of philosophy. There is no use arguing.

  9. #39049
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No we don't. Licensing, registration, and a ban on private sales is what reasonable regulation looks like. Anything less is a waste of time.
    That is just like Mexico.
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  10. #39050
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    That is just like Mexico.
    No one gets shot in Mexico...
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  11. #39051
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No we don't. Licensing, registration, and a ban on private sales is what reasonable regulation looks like. Anything less is a waste of time.
    Thats a great idea, lets just ban all guns except for those used by government. They have historically never failed to abuse power before! They always have our best interest at heart!

  12. #39052
    A ban on private sale is about as far from reasonable as you can get without coming round the other side of it.

  13. #39053
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No we don't. Licensing, registration, and a ban on private sales is what reasonable regulation looks like. Anything less is a waste of time.
    Do you want a prolific black market? Because that's how you get a prolific black market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

  14. #39054
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    UBC is fine. A ban on private sales is ridiculous.
    No, it isn't. It's common sense. It's the only way to handicap the illegal market.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Do you want a prolific black market? Because that's how you get a prolific black market.
    We already have a prolific black market, which is fueled in part by the lack of a ban on private sales. Your argument is basically that banning private sales will mean criminals will have to go to a black market instead of being able to buy their guns legally. The idea that it's better that criminals can get guns legally is mental.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Thats a great idea, lets just ban all guns except for those used by government. They have historically never failed to abuse power before! They always have our best interest at heart!
    Banning private sales doesn't ban all guns.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    A ban on private sale is about as far from reasonable as you can get without coming round the other side of it.
    Tell me how that would stop a legitimate gun owner from getting a gun.

  15. #39055
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Banned because I'm Badass!
    Posts
    3,587
    People that don't own a gun must be living in an alternate reality.

  16. #39056
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    People that don't own a gun must be living in an alternate reality.
    I live in a reality where a gun in your home is more likely to kill someone in your family than an intruder, and where home invasions are incredibly rare. Perhaps you live in a paranoid fantasy?

  17. #39057
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Tell me how that would stop a legitimate gun owner from getting a gun.
    Privately, from another legitimate gun owner; it would stop them from getting a gun that way. Is this a trick question?

  18. #39058
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Privately, from another legitimate gun owner; it would stop them from getting a gun that way. Is this a trick question?
    A ban on private sales just means you need to go to a licensed gun dealer to facilitate the transaction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •