Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    "More guns" isn't the answer to any question that anyone is asking.
    For security and moral reasons, it pretty much is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    "More guns" isn't the answer to any question that anyone is asking.
    Gun collector: "What should I buy with my tax returns?"
    Let me know if you have any more challenges Tiny.

guns are for people who dont lift

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    I lift guns and ammo!

On a slightly serious note, gear is heavy yo!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Gun collector: "What should I buy with my tax returns?"
    Let me know if you have any more challenges Tiny.
    That has nothing to do with gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    You obviously haven't seen some of the monsters that go to my range O.O

Of course, "more guns" is also the answer to the question of "what does every new shooter want after they get their first gun?" It's funny how anti-gunners characterize any collection greater than one as an "arsenal" or somehow aberrant... but shooting is not only a hobby, guns are also collectible and come in many different varieties. You get the 'bug' pretty quick once you start.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Pew poll released on firearms.

There's one part that I find particularly interesting. Support for firearm control (as opposed to gun rights) seems to increase with level of educational attainment.

For example, only 68% of those with a High School degree or less support laws barring the mentally ill from buying firearms. In contrast, 91% of post-graduates support that law.

And this is consistent throughout the poll. 47% of HS or less believe its more important to control firearms over protecting firearm rights, compared to 63% of post graduates. 35% of HS or less believe firearms are more likely to put people at risk than protect people from becoming victims, compared to 57% of post graduates.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    There's one part that I find particularly interesting. Support for firearm control (as opposed to gun rights) seems to increase with level of educational attainment.
    Even if true, completely meaningless and irrelevant. Could just as easily put it down to the "book smart" vs. "street smart" distinction.

A note on Houser's and Roof's illegal gun purchases -- just that; if you lie on Form 4473, you are in fact purchasing your firearm illegally whether the check with NICS and/or state database catches you in that lie or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Even if true, completely meaningless and irrelevant.
    I find it quite meaningful and relevant that support for firearm regulation increases (quite drastically) with educational attainment.
    Eat yo vegetables

I find it quite meaningful and relevant that support for firearm regulation increases (quite drastically) with educational attainment.
    I don't, and I am highly educated myself. I can think of a decent handful of explanations for those misguided tendencies if the study actually reflects real trends. One of which I already mentioned. Another of which is that's self-fulfilling; since those doing the educating are themselves probably more likely to be nanny-state grabbers, the longer one is subjected to their opinions the more those opinions transfer.

But it's, as I said, irrelevant, because there is no provision by which only people with letters behind their names get a say on the civil rights of all citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I can think of a decent handful of explanations
    Yeah. The most obvious one being that educated individuals are more likely to look at all the evidence and form an educated opinion.
    Eat yo vegetables

Yeah. The most obvious one being that educated individuals are more likely to look at all the evidence and form an educated opinion.
    Or to be cloistered numbnuts who have managed to go their whole lives outside the reach of two-legged predators. Or provincial know-it-alls who figure that whatever they think for themselves should be what everyone else has to conform to. Etc, etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e7117ba8e89e

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) -- Officials in Georgia say a third-grader who accidentally shot a classmate at school found the weapon while exploring his family's kitchen.

The shooting happened Tuesday at Hornsby Elementary School in Augusta. Authorities said the child was playing with the gun inside a desk when it accidentally discharged, grazing a girl. School officials say she was treated at a hospital and released.

Richmond County Department of School Safety Chief Alfonzo Williams said in a statement the boy was looking around his house for a toy and found the gun hidden in a curio stand in the kitchen. Williams said he used a chair to climb onto a counter to get to the gun.

The students' names weren't released because of their ages.

The Augusta Chronicle ( http://bit.ly/1i47fV4 ) reports that school officials are reviewing security measures.
    God bless those parents. They are true, freedom-loving patriots. I really hope authorities don't decide to charge them with anything. All that will do is discourage other parents from allowing their third-grade children to exercise their constitutional second-amendment rights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post

God bless those parents. They are true, freedom-loving patriots. I really hope authorities don't decide to charge them with anything. All that will do is discourage other parents from allowing their third-grade children to exercise their constitutional second-amendment rights.
    yeah because those parent represent the millions of gun owners everyday who are responsible nice try though
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post

Children do not have the Constitutional right to keep and bear firearms. In some states they are allowed to go hunting with adult supervision. You really need to understand how adults are different when it comes to the laws. The case you posted is only about irresponsible storage of a firearm where a child is present.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    yeah because those parent represent the millions of gun owners everyday who are responsible nice try though
    Yeah because that's what I said. Nice try though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Children do not have the Constitutional right to keep and bear firearms. In some states they are allowed to go hunting with adult supervision. You really need to understand how adults are different when it comes to the laws. The case you posted is only about irresponsible storage of a firearm where a child is present.
    You really need to understand sarcasm.

New Pew poll released on firearms.

For example, only 68% of those with a High School degree or less support laws barring the mentally ill from buying firearms. In contrast, 91% of post-graduates support that law.

And this is consistent throughout the poll. 47% of HS or less believe its more important to control firearms over protecting firearm rights, compared to 63% of post graduates. 35% of HS or less believe firearms are more likely to put people at risk than protect people from becoming victims, compared to 57% of post graduates.
    In this day and age where an Arts degree is more highly prized than making an easy 6 figure salary as a tradesman, you'll have to forgive me if I don't give much credence to the thought that education somehow is the be all indicator of sound decision making and rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    In this day and age where an Arts degree is more highly prized than making an easy 6 figure salary as a tradesman, you'll have to forgive me if I don't give much credence to the thought that education somehow is the be all indicator of sound decision making and rationale.
    it's not an end all be all inditacor, but seriously we can't ALL be tradesmen.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Wes Doobner;35917052]Yeah because that's what I said. Nice try though.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

You really need to learn how to make a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You really need to learn how to make a valid point.
    Sorry that it flew over your head. I'll make sure to dumb it down next time.