Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Well my build is just about done (minus ATF approval on the MK9K).

This is basically how you turn a low end market PSA rifle into a $3,000 ninja machine. lol

Barrel should be coming in tomorrow and then the upper and parts are off to the gunsmith for a chop and re-thread. Then all that is left is optics.

For the record I keep a spreadsheet on all my firearms for insurance (fire / theft) purposes.

I finally got around to submitting my Form1's for my 9mm ar and 300blk. The 9mm is already built as a pistol, the 300blk is still just in planning stages.

I was thinking of buying a Colt 6933 (factory SBR), I had one previously, but I'm not really big on the 11" 223, so if I'd bought it I'd probably swap out for 14.5" or use it for the 300blk, which makes it sort of pointless. In any case, the place I went to order from, it wouldn't take my credit card, and I don't feel like spending time calling someone on the phone, so screw it. :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well my build is just about done (minus ATF approval on the MK9K).

This is basically how you turn a low end market PSA rifle into a $3,000 ninja machine. lol

Barrel should be coming in tomorrow and then the upper and parts are off to the gunsmith for a chop and re-thread. Then all that is left is optics.

For the record I keep a spreadsheet on all my firearms for insurance (fire / theft) purposes.
    That seems a little high for the 30mm mount. I used 2 vortex 30mm rings and they only ran me like $20 each with free shipping.

How did this thread go from shit slinging to legit gun chan?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    The gun folks won.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it pops back and forth every so often. Generally when a big news story comes up, it'll drop back into gun control and 2A discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    That seems a little high for the 30mm mount. I used 2 vortex 30mm rings and they only ran me like $20 each with free shipping.
    This is a one piece design:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/197...flat-top-matte

That vortex is actually a pretty cool scope for the price kind of like a cheaper alternative to a trijicon acog almost. I have an aimpoint pro on mine that I really like although it doesn't have the magnification, but I could add a magnifier if I really feel the need for it.

Ok serious gun question: I am using the super low mounts for my scope on my Ruger American 30-06. I shake to much to worry about grouping and pretty much focus on 8x8 steel. Currently I can hit 9 of 10 at 200yds, at 300yds it drops off to like 3-4 of 10. Would going to a mid-hieght set of rings help?

Ok serious gun question: I am using the super low mounts for my scope on my Ruger American 30-06. I shake to much to worry about grouping and pretty much focus on 8x8 steel. Currently I can hit 9 of 10 at 200yds, at 300yds it drops off to like 3-4 of 10. Would going to a mid-hieght set of rings help?
    Are you shaking so much because of the scopes height?. If so then yeah it would probably help if you were in a more comfortable viewing position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That vortex is actually a pretty cool scope for the price kind of like a cheaper alternative to a trijicon acog almost. I have an aimpoint pro on mine that I really like although it doesn't have the magnification, but I could add a magnifier if I really feel the need for it.
    You can't really beat Vortex for the price and warranty, which is lifetime no questions asked. You'll be hard pressed to find negative reviews on them.

The Strike Eagle model is somewhat new, its a 1-6 variable, most of their other comparable stuff is 1-4 variable. Makes for a great CQB to mid range scope all in one.

You can't really beat Vortex for the price and warranty, which is lifetime no questions asked. You'll be hard pressed to find negative reviews on them.

The Strike Eagle model is somewhat new, its a 1-6 variable, most of their other comparable stuff is 1-4 variable. Makes for a great CQB to mid range scope all in one.
    Whats the battery life on that?.

Are you shaking so much because of the scopes height?. If so then yeah it would probably help if you were in a more comfortable viewing position.
    Shake due to age/medical reasons.

Whats the battery life on that?.
    I believe it uses one CR2032 battery and its 150 hours on maximum.

You can also store a spare battery under one of the windage caps, which is a neat little feature.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/law...d=ansmsnnews11

The lawsuit against Bushmaster because their rifle was used in Sandy Hook can procede, even though there's a law specifically against such a suit. I'm sure the lawsuit will be tossed later for the same rules, but this way they can bleed more money from Bushmaster in the process.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/law...d=ansmsnnews11

The lawsuit against Bushmaster because their rifle was used in Sandy Hook can procede, even though there's a law specifically against such a suit. I'm sure the lawsuit will be tossed later for the same rules, but this way they can bleed more money from Bushmaster in the process.
    You have to look at the background of the judge. More specifically look at what her husband does for a living.

She lives in Shelton and is married to Stephen Bellis, a New Haven wrongful-death and medical-malpractice lawyer.
    Couple that with she resides in a part of the country that is extremely anti-gun you put two and two together. No I am not saying her husband stands to gain money or even have anything to do with the case. What I am saying is I call into doubt her ability to act as a judge without personal influence.

Oh thats not all, check out her work history prior to be a judge...

Following law school, Bellis joined the law firm of Flanagan, Mulvey, Oliver, Gould and Riccio in New Haven, where her practice focused on civil litigation, insurance defense and plaintiff’s personal injury cases. She became partner in the firm in 1994.
    Yea, the case will get tossed. She has no place ruling on such matters.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-16 at 11:57 PM.

Got my barrel assembly back today. Turned out good.

Sans optic tho...

heres the EDC

heres the legion posing with some radiators i painted to match the finish

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got my barrel assembly back today. Turned out good.

Sans optic tho...
    Ugggh, sitting with a build w/o optics is the worst. I mean, unless you're a fan of iron sights. I rocked the irons on my M1A for a bit and they were pretty good, but I was still dying while waiting for my sight adapter and rings to come in. On that topic... I PMd this to some, because I didn't want to resurrect this thread, but now that it's here...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Ugggh, sitting with a build w/o optics is the worst. I mean, unless you're a fan of iron sights. I rocked the irons on my M1A for a bit and they were pretty good, but I was still dying while waiting for my sight adapter and rings to come in. On that topic... I PMd this to some, because I didn't want to resurrect this thread, but now that it's here...
    Meh the optic I'm not worried about, that was me stopping by my local dealer to make sure the suppressor that is awaiting approval would thread on properly.

Gonna be at minimum another 3 months before that gets to come home.