View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
4047. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,457 60.71%
  • No

    1,590 39.29%
  1. #46321
    That vortex is actually a pretty cool scope for the price kind of like a cheaper alternative to a trijicon acog almost. I have an aimpoint pro on mine that I really like although it doesn't have the magnification, but I could add a magnifier if I really feel the need for it.

  2. #46322
    Ok serious gun question: I am using the super low mounts for my scope on my Ruger American 30-06. I shake to much to worry about grouping and pretty much focus on 8x8 steel. Currently I can hit 9 of 10 at 200yds, at 300yds it drops off to like 3-4 of 10. Would going to a mid-hieght set of rings help?

  3. #46323
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Ok serious gun question: I am using the super low mounts for my scope on my Ruger American 30-06. I shake to much to worry about grouping and pretty much focus on 8x8 steel. Currently I can hit 9 of 10 at 200yds, at 300yds it drops off to like 3-4 of 10. Would going to a mid-hieght set of rings help?
    Are you shaking so much because of the scopes height?. If so then yeah it would probably help if you were in a more comfortable viewing position.

  4. #46324
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That vortex is actually a pretty cool scope for the price kind of like a cheaper alternative to a trijicon acog almost. I have an aimpoint pro on mine that I really like although it doesn't have the magnification, but I could add a magnifier if I really feel the need for it.
    You can't really beat Vortex for the price and warranty, which is lifetime no questions asked. You'll be hard pressed to find negative reviews on them.

    The Strike Eagle model is somewhat new, its a 1-6 variable, most of their other comparable stuff is 1-4 variable. Makes for a great CQB to mid range scope all in one.

  5. #46325
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You can't really beat Vortex for the price and warranty, which is lifetime no questions asked. You'll be hard pressed to find negative reviews on them.

    The Strike Eagle model is somewhat new, its a 1-6 variable, most of their other comparable stuff is 1-4 variable. Makes for a great CQB to mid range scope all in one.
    Whats the battery life on that?.

  6. #46326
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Are you shaking so much because of the scopes height?. If so then yeah it would probably help if you were in a more comfortable viewing position.
    Shake due to age/medical reasons.

  7. #46327
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Whats the battery life on that?.
    I believe it uses one CR2032 battery and its 150 hours on maximum.

    You can also store a spare battery under one of the windage caps, which is a neat little feature.

  8. #46328
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/law...d=ansmsnnews11

    The lawsuit against Bushmaster because their rifle was used in Sandy Hook can procede, even though there's a law specifically against such a suit. I'm sure the lawsuit will be tossed later for the same rules, but this way they can bleed more money from Bushmaster in the process.
    "Nonsense repeated, does not become truth."
    SW Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/LqNC8G

  9. #46329
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/law...d=ansmsnnews11

    The lawsuit against Bushmaster because their rifle was used in Sandy Hook can procede, even though there's a law specifically against such a suit. I'm sure the lawsuit will be tossed later for the same rules, but this way they can bleed more money from Bushmaster in the process.
    You have to look at the background of the judge. More specifically look at what her husband does for a living.

    She lives in Shelton and is married to Stephen Bellis, a New Haven wrongful-death and medical-malpractice lawyer.
    Couple that with she resides in a part of the country that is extremely anti-gun you put two and two together. No I am not saying her husband stands to gain money or even have anything to do with the case. What I am saying is I call into doubt her ability to act as a judge without personal influence.

    Oh thats not all, check out her work history prior to be a judge...

    Following law school, Bellis joined the law firm of Flanagan, Mulvey, Oliver, Gould and Riccio in New Haven, where her practice focused on civil litigation, insurance defense and plaintiff’s personal injury cases. She became partner in the firm in 1994.
    Yea, the case will get tossed. She has no place ruling on such matters.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-16 at 11:57 PM.

  10. #46330
    Got my barrel assembly back today. Turned out good.

    Sans optic tho...




  11. #46331
    heres the EDC




    heres the legion posing with some radiators i painted to match the finish


  12. #46332
    Moderator Annoying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Socorro, NM, USA
    Posts
    9,449
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Got my barrel assembly back today. Turned out good.

    Sans optic tho...
    Ugggh, sitting with a build w/o optics is the worst. I mean, unless you're a fan of iron sights. I rocked the irons on my M1A for a bit and they were pretty good, but I was still dying while waiting for my sight adapter and rings to come in. On that topic... I PMd this to some, because I didn't want to resurrect this thread, but now that it's here...


  13. #46333
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Ugggh, sitting with a build w/o optics is the worst. I mean, unless you're a fan of iron sights. I rocked the irons on my M1A for a bit and they were pretty good, but I was still dying while waiting for my sight adapter and rings to come in. On that topic... I PMd this to some, because I didn't want to resurrect this thread, but now that it's here...
    Meh the optic I'm not worried about, that was me stopping by my local dealer to make sure the suppressor that is awaiting approval would thread on properly.

    Gonna be at minimum another 3 months before that gets to come home.

  14. #46334
    Pandaren Monk PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,995
    Good lord. California legislators just took four stalled and dead bills and turned them into gun control proposals halfway through the current legislative year.

    Now there are four different bills (AB-1663, AB-1664, SB-880, and now AB-1135) that say the exact same thing in an attempt to ban the bullet button as a workaround to the assault weapons ban in California.

    Which is all sort of ridiculous since there's a new type of bullet button (ARMagLock) that would satisfy even these more restrictive changes to current definitions. So "assault weapons" would still be able to be legally purchased in California even if one of these proposed laws passes.

    On top of that, anyone who already has an AR would be grandfathered after registering, and if my reading of the bill text is correct (I'm no lawyer, but it seems clear enough), then they would be entitled to take the existing bullet button out of any grandfathered AR that they own and replace it with the standard easy-push mag release button. If the whole point of the bullet button was to keep the firearm from being considered an assault weapon, but now the firearm is considered an assault weapon, but a legal one, then there'd be no more need for the cumbersome bullet button.

    So why aren't those politicians pushing for this legislation worried about the 10s of millions of AR owners in California all of a sudden being able to revert their firearms to an easy-magazine-swapping-weapon-of-doom-and-guaranteed-mass-shooter configuration?
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And unfortunately for every smart responsible person, there's at least one idiot that defies all logic.
    To prevent stupidity regulation needs to be in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've been arguing for more restriction and regulation. I call it pro-gun regulation.

  15. #46335
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So why aren't those politicians pushing for this legislation worried about the 10s of millions of AR owners in California all of a sudden being able to revert their firearms to an easy-magazine-swapping-weapon-of-doom-and-guaranteed-mass-shooter configuration?
    You're being disingenuous, you know exactly why. They have no clue about guns and think current bullet buttons are the same as magazine releases, so they're making it "tougher". The fact it's probably spurred on by a terrorist shooting that involved removing the bullet button is also lost.
    "Nonsense repeated, does not become truth."
    SW Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/LqNC8G

  16. #46336
    The Lightbringer HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Huntington on the Beach
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Ok serious gun question: I am using the super low mounts for my scope on my Ruger American 30-06. I shake to much to worry about grouping and pretty much focus on 8x8 steel. Currently I can hit 9 of 10 at 200yds, at 300yds it drops off to like 3-4 of 10. Would going to a mid-hieght set of rings help?
    Yes. If the comb of your stock and eye height call for it you should definitely move to taller rings. You shouldn't be getting that kind of accuracy drop off [with that model/caliber of rifle] at 300 yards if your scope is holding zero.

    edit: clarification
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  17. #46337
    Pandaren Monk PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You're being disingenuous, you know exactly why. They have no clue about guns and think current bullet buttons are the same as magazine releases, so they're making it "tougher". The fact it's probably spurred on by a terrorist shooting that involved removing the bullet button is also lost.
    I think "disingenuous" is a bit harsh.

    It's a very valid question, though yes, it was somewhat rhetorical. And while I think we're pretty sure we know the answer to the question, we can't be absolutely positive, and the question serves to underscore just how shortsighted some (most? all?) politicians can be.

    Either that, or it shows how shortsighted politicians think their constituents are, which isn't really any better.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And unfortunately for every smart responsible person, there's at least one idiot that defies all logic.
    To prevent stupidity regulation needs to be in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've been arguing for more restriction and regulation. I call it pro-gun regulation.

  18. #46338
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think "disingenuous" is a bit harsh.
    Nyah, was just joking.

    It's a very valid question, though yes, it was somewhat rhetorical. And while I think we're pretty sure we know the answer to the question, we can't be absolutely positive, and the question serves to underscore just how shortsighted some (most? all?) politicians can be.

    Either that, or it shows how shortsighted politicians think their constituents are, which isn't really any better.
    California is a perfect example of anti-gunners that get all the different laws they could want and yet still think "man, they're still getting guns, we must pass more laws!".
    "Nonsense repeated, does not become truth."
    SW Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/LqNC8G

  19. #46339
    Pandaren Monk Roxinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    How did this thread go from shit slinging to legit gun chan?!
    pretty simple the anti crowd lacks stamina
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

  20. #46340
    For those of you in GA and SC, Governor Nikki Haley just signed the reciprocity bill into law.

    That has been a long time coming and for those of us that live on the border of the states and often travel into one another you can now carry with your state issued license.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/RobGodfre...719378944?s=09
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-04 at 03:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •