Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "I'm not even talking about the BS they get aimed at them. I can agree that most of that should be moderated out. However, some of it is legitimate. But I'm talking about the stuff that gets moderated out that is 'off-topic' and yet is actually interesting and "better." Or some threads that are closed because there is another topic about it already, and yet it's not the same thing. Someone wants to talk about a more specific topic and it's getting lost in a bigger discussion. I understand it's their site, but they have a very narrow scope of what is allowed and everything else gets moderated out. It's no wonder fan sites, like this one, have better discussions. Because they are ALLOWED TO HAVE THEM!"

This comes across as "Blizzard makes a million decisions a day, and I don't like 10 of em, so I am going to QQ about the 10 I disagree with."

Blizzard does the work, and you make sure you are there to complain about anything they decide. Sometimes your complaints are legitimate, other times not so much. But even if Blizzard makes a bunch of mistakes... well that should be phrased as OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE A TON OF MISTAKES... they are still by far the best at what they do.

Your complaints just bring out the Blizzard fanboy in me, and makes me really appreciate all of their hard work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This.

People such as the person you quoted, are just SO damned convinced of their own superiority. And my experience is that people getting banned "just for asking a question about how they handle things", didn't use a tone quite so innocent and objective.
    Yet I am on this forum still with no problems with any of the mods here.... so yeah it must be me....

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    Yet I am on this forum still with no problems with any of the mods here.... so yeah it must be me....
    Obviously, this site lets things slide more because it's owned by a business that wants as many visitors as possible. Blizzard forums are not jockeying for visits and so they can ban stupidity out more willingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post

Yeah it is you, Whatever you got banned for, I'm pretty sure you're hiding the actual truth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Yeah it is you, Whatever you got banned for, I'm pretty sure you're hiding the actual truth.
    What is really funny though is they only banned the one account I made the comment on not both of my wow accounts that are on the same battle.net account. But enough wit the threadjack I thought this line was funny : Warcraft 3 was pirated a lot in China, but it ended up raising awareness of the game and helped out later when World of Warcraft was launched.

The mainstream media publications don't accept or report on major gaming tournaments, but they talk about tennis and golf, even though everyone doesn't watch them.
    WOW, just WOW.

While I cannot say same for golf, tennis is quite popular sport both to practice and watch, quite close to football even.

It's so funny how jocks and sport fans get so touchy over using the word "sport" for something that isn't physical athleticism. As if the dictionary definition of the word sport is a total lie.
    Sports nerds are the worst kind of nerd because they think liking sports makes them not a nerd.

Best forum I was ever on was unmoderated. I find moderators useless. The site had an ignore function, so trolls quickly found themselves talking to themselves. I personally didn't ignore them, but it was funny watching them post and nobody commenting on it and them getting angry.

People who watch eSports see the top players as being at a similar level as pro athletes.
    That actually made me laugh. So being pro at something automatically means you're on the same level as pro athletes? Right. Well, I guess moving your fingers and wiping the sweat off of them could somehow be looked at to fit the definition of a sport.

Besides, if it's eSports, it should just stay on the internet where games are. He's referring to people who already watch eSports, do you really think people who don't will see on the news or a commercial and go, hey! That Starcraft is my replacement for the NHL lockout!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This.

People such as the person you quoted, are just SO damned convinced of their own superiority. And my experience is that people getting banned "just for asking a question about how they handle things", didn't use a tone quite so innocent and objective.
    That reminds me; I need to go check Why Was I Banned for some lols.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    That could've been said before they ruined the map making community with the shittiest interface/system/support.
    Sounds like it's been a while since you've checked it out. They've improved a LOT over the past 2 years.

Nerfnow perfectly summarizes many of my guild mates angst.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 05:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    That actually made me laugh. So being pro at something automatically means you're on the same level as pro athletes? Right. Well, I guess moving your fingers and wiping the sweat off of them could somehow be looked at to fit the definition of a sport.

Besides, if it's eSports, it should just stay on the internet where games are. He's referring to people who already watch eSports, do you really think people who don't will see on the news or a commercial and go, hey! That Starcraft is my replacement for the NHL lockout!
    Chess is an eSport too then. I do agree with your sentiment. Calling it an eSport is bizarre, as that little e simply cheapens the word it is attached too. Guess we are lucky they don't call it an iSport :P
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Not sure if I should laugh at this interview, or just assume that its trolling

Deleted
    Lol yeah. Starcraft players are exactly like pro athletes.
    only difrence is one takes weeks to master the other decades >.>

Yup, auto attacking a totem and killing it with 1 awfull attack really made totems too powerful, i agree on that, better help shitty players become "better" by fucking up 2 specs on the cost of 1 spec, blizz logic at it's finest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Ahh look Morhaime saying nothing as usual. The dude is just sheet of PR paper. He never actually knows whats going on with his games beyond their price point, and how to sell more of them without actually knowing anything. A market researcher on his best day. Game pirating is okay as long as later I can charge them for a game they can't pirate
    100% agree with this, why would he care about the game anyways when he can build a house of solid gold and sleep on a bed of money and all big companys just do there PR bullshit once they got your money they pretty much dnt care about you

justl ook at pvp in wow been broken for years and its even worse in mop and yet a blizz response is we take botting seriously and blah blah blah etc

forum mods work of a script like those people in call centres as do the gm's

a will admit ghostcrawler has brought the player interaction with devs alot closer but even so 99% of the time he talks bullshit and knows fuck all bout pvp

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's so funny how jocks and sport fans get so touchy over using the word "sport" for something that isn't physical athleticism. As if the dictionary definition of the word sport is a total lie.
    Sports nerds are the worst kind of nerd because they think liking sports makes them not a nerd.
    so how come darts is a sport all you do is move ur arm a bit in that case you could make masterbation a sport its the same motion as darts lol, first one who cums wins lol lets hope its not in HD :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    That's the issue. Right there. Its not the way the moderators are, its what they have to do to get through all the bullshit they deal with. Like you.
    That's a Eagle, Hole in one !!

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    A will admit ghostcrawler has brought the player interaction with devs alot closer but even so 99% of the time he talks bullshit and knows fuck all bout pvp[COLOR="red"]
    Yet, its the pvp communities fault for destroying WoW PvP cause everyone is apprently so good they can't die and when they do. They call foul play or that the class is just overpowered. Blame the people on the forums who complain about classes being overpowered. not Ghostcrawler.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted

People who watch eSports see the top players as being at a similar level as pro athletes.
    Well , WRONG.

When I watch so called "E Sports" I see the top players as being fat virgin people living in their parent's basement .

This one : http://cdn.chud.com/2/23/230ff883_re...computer1.jpeg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Lol yeah. Starcraft players are exactly like pro athletes.
    only difrence is one takes weeks to master the other decades >.>
    Weeks to master, huh? Good luck with that one. Top starcraft pros practise 10 hours a day, but hey, if it's so easy - just go "master" starcraft in a few weeks and start taking home the hundred thousand dollar prize pools.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    When I watch so called "E Sports" I see the top players as being fat virgin people living in their parent's basement .
    It's pretty obvious that you don't actually watch esports if that's what you think.

Thanks to Geekissexy for the signature!

LOL!!!!!

Starcraft a SPORT!?! I havn't heard a joke that good in awhile.

I don't care for real sports but there is no way that Starcraft or any videogame for that matter should be considered a sport.

I like how people just keep broadening the definition of sport to include just about anything.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:49 PM ----------

Well , WRONG.

This one : http://cdn.chud.com/2/23/230ff883_re...computer1.jpeg
    Yea pretty much that or some spindly little Korean Kid.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-12-18 at 05:07 AM.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.