Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Gotta love all the ignorant people coming in and complain that Starcraft isn't a sport. I can't wait for the day that mainstream picks it up a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really nice patch for GW2 - the PvP snowball game is hilariously great, the dungeon is fun smashing the towns, decorations are amazing, jump puzzle is challenging but not overly hard, but beware those princess dollies and toy soldiers that pop out from the presents that drop from the sky, they will kick your arse !

Thanks for giving us some room on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    as a long-time Hockey fan - try seeing coverage in a non-hockey town. I am happy I live in a cold area, but you go down south, even places with a team, getting coverage is hard. And he wants coverage for a non-athletic competition?
    Yep, agreed. I laughed pretty hard when I read his quote: "The mainstream media publications don't accept or report on major gaming tournaments, but they talk about tennis and golf, even though everyone doesn't watch them. Having Starcraft reported in a similar way would help to legitimize the sport. People who watch eSports see the top players as being at a similar level as pro athletes." Video games are not sports, and trying to "legitimize them" as such by naming them "e-sports" doesn't change anything. I don't care if Korea has tons of channels dedicated to video games, we have channels dedicated to gardening and cooking and you don't see anyone trying to slap a "sports" label on those, do you?

A sport is an athletic competition, and Mike shouldn't insult my intelligence by trying to argue that. When someone says the word "sport" you don't think of Poker, Magic: the Gathering, Starcraft, etc. 99% of people think of football, soccer, basketball, hockey, track, etc. etc. Hey, I think it's awesome that there are competitive venues for games like those, (speaking of board/card/e-games here) and if I were good enough I'd definitely go try to win some money, but it's a completely different category.

EDIT: I almost forgot the thing that I found the funniest of the whole thing, the "people who watch e-sports see top players as being on a similar level as pro athletes." Get the fuck out of here. I find it hard to believe that even the most hardcore gamers would really see someone who wins a Starcraft tournament as being on the same level as Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant, or Lionel Messi, and anyone who does is just an idiot.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2012-12-18 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Yep, agreed. I laughed pretty hard when I read his quote: "The mainstream media publications don't accept or report on major gaming tournaments, but they talk about tennis and golf, even though everyone doesn't watch them. Having Starcraft reported in a similar way would help to legitimize the sport. People who watch eSports see the top players as being at a similar level as pro athletes." Video games are not sports, and trying to "legitimize them" as such by naming them "e-sports" doesn't change anything. I don't care if Korea has tons of channels dedicated to video games, we have channels dedicated to gardening and cooking and you don't see anyone trying to slap a "sports" label on those, do you?

A sport is an athletic competition, and Mike shouldn't insult my intelligence by trying to argue that. When someone says the word "sport" you don't think of Poker, Magic: the Gathering, Starcraft, etc. 99% of people think of football, soccer, basketball, hockey, track, etc. etc. Hey, I think it's awesome that there are competitive venues for games like those, (speaking of board/card/e-games here) and if I were good enough I'd definitely go try to win some money, but it's a completely different category.

EDIT: I almost forgot the thing that I found the funniest of the whole thing, the "people who watch e-sports see top players as being on a similar level as pro athletes." Get the fuck out of here. I find it hard to believe that even the most hardcore gamers would really see someone who wins a Starcraft tournament as being on the same level as Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant, or Lionel Messi, and anyone who does is just an idiot.
    I would put pro SC players above those people in their field of play, in fact I would give them more weight as a pro because i actually care about the field in which they play. All of those people you mentioned are completely worthless to me.

Also:

sport
    Noun
    An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

If anyone counts golf, chess, poker, curling, nascar, spelling bee, billiards, darts, fishing, etc as sports then they are just as stupid, as those have less, just as much, or slightly more "physical exertion" as Starcraft.

The mainstream media publications don't accept or report on major gaming tournaments, but they talk about tennis and golf, even though everyone doesn't watch them. Having Starcraft reported in a similar way would help to legitimize the sport. People who watch eSports see the top players as being at a similar level as pro athletes.

BAHAHAH. This is absolutely hysterical.

Sorry Mike. You game is not equal to a sport or even an attempt at a sport.

Your game is equal to at best watching a game of competitive chess or checkers.

This guy is delusional.

If Starcraft is a sport then I guess I'm a pretty big jock.

Oh yea, really getting my physical well being in check by playing lots of starcraft.

All those parents should stop whining because I'm getting plenty of fresh air and exercise when I move my mouse and click a few buttons.

One of these days I'm gonna be so jacked and/or have so much healthy skills out there that girls will not be able to look away when I walk by because they know i have the trim and obvious bod of a pro athlete in the computer world.

Soon schools will start training your actions per minute with a mouse in Phys-ed classes.

They better start including Starcraft and every video game in existence in the Olympics soon because it's such an undeniable and timeless sport.

Maybe accounting can be the next "sport" people have overlooked for so long.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-12-18 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Really nice patch for GW2 - the PvP snowball game is hilariously great, the dungeon is fun smashing the towns, decorations are amazing, jump puzzle is challenging but not overly hard, but beware those princess dollies and toy soldiers that pop out from the presents that drop from the sky, they will kick your arse !

Thanks for giving us some room on the front page
    Yeah i like it too, done the jumping puzzle 6 times now, just because :P

don't like the snowball game myself but i can see the appeal of it, the dungeon is quite good i admit, i really like that we choose which 2 mini pets we want to make out of 5, also toy soldiers and princess dollies can't kill me, i'm a necromancer i can take on 10 and live

Deleted
    Comic so true...

Once I've asked my in-game mate why he keeps playing this game when he says that it's boring. Answer? "Dailies and stuff" I asked what stuff he means. Silence. "There's nothing better to do now"

I think it deserved facepalm or even facedesk.

E-sport is no real sport, and I'd like it if they changed the name to something else. Like ''C-gaming'' or something, it explains what it is. Competitive gaming.

Since chess is considered a sport nothing stops videogames from being a sport.

Lets pretend that I am from HR and I have to evaluate your performance to see if you deserve a raise or to be fired.

Ok thats awesome the PVE portion of the game definitely has improved and you deserve kudos for that. Now lets talk about the poorly balanced and extremely poor BG experience. Some suggested ilvl rating system Q...

"It's not simple, unfortunately. It would a) require a retooling of how Battlegrounds assemble teams and b) even under ideal conditions, it would likely slow down queue times dramatically. As Ovenmitz demonstrates, there are a lot of players who are very opposed to that.

It's not that we aren't interested in making Battlegrounds a better experience, it's that we need to make sure that whichever steps we take actually meet that goal. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)"

Its been almost 8 years, how much more time did you need?...

*note: recommend no raises for the foreseeable future.

LoL