Warriors the only class eligible for separate PvP/PvE-nerfing?

The "Hunger for Blood" nerf (1 instead of 3 stacks) has again showed us how weird the developers of WoW are. I remember Warriors' "Colossus Smash" being nerfed in the beginning of Cataclysm (50% vs. players), and then again Blizzard used the excuse "We can not nerf a class without affecting PvE-performance" for the rest of the expansion concerning Rogues and Mages.

I mean, what the hell ?! Why are we the only class eligible to be nerfed separately vs. NPCs and players? Warrior burst will remain high, so I'm not whining but just wondering how come they eat their own words once again.

XoXo

Deleted
    To be honest I don't know why they don't use more modifiers for other classes aswell indeed. I think it is the way to go having a semi separate PVP and PVE effect on spells. I think that they don't like to use many modifiers because it perhaps could get too complex for the tooltips and for other players so they just take interventive (not preventive) action in the most OP spells based on the feedback during the season.

Edit: Ofc the mage class got it aswell but let's look past that and focus on why not make it more generalized for better balance.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2012-12-16 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages got Frostbomb nerfed 20% vs players. Then there's also all long duration CC's being shortened vs players. They should do more of this. I can understand them not wanting to have things be mechanically different in PvP vs PvE because their not wanting to confuse players. But they've already adjusted duration/dmg separately.

Deleted
    Warrior isn't the only class that has had changes that only pvp and not pve

Frost Bomb will now detonate after 4 seconds (was 6 seconds), and the damage it deals to other players has been reduced by 20%.

*edit* - Damn, beaten to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not the only class. It all started when Deep Freeze got changed to deal damage to targets that were permanently immune to stuns. Previously it never did damage and thus was useless for DPS at a time where Frost was already quite bad damage wise in raiding. Frost Bomb was also recently nerfed to do -20% damage to player targets.

I'm sure there are other things. I'm in favour of having some skills work differently in PvE than they do in PvP. This is a nice start to make that a reality for other abilities that might need it down the line.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    In fact, is already three things for warrs, gag order, TfB and Colossus. Today, Mage's Frost Bomb has finally joined the group, so it seems that Blizzard thinks that other players' classes are ready for the confusing "it works this way for pve and this way for pvp".

Hey, at least that's was their excuse, that it will be too confusing. A bit of laziness if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    Warrior isn't the only class that has had changes that only pvp and not pve

Frost Bomb will now detonate after 4 seconds (was 6 seconds), and the damage it deals to other players has been reduced by 20%.

*edit* - Damn, beaten to it.
    Came in this thread ready to say the same thing haha.

Curse of Weakness/Tongues/Exhaustion/Enfeeblement have had massively reduced duration on players for the past 4 years or so.

Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    In fact, is already three things for warrs, gag order, TfB and Colossus. Today, Mage's Frost Bomb has finally joined the group, so it seems that Blizzard thinks that other players' classes are ready for the confusing "it works this way for pve and this way for pvp".

Hey, at least that's was their excuse, that it will be too confusing. A bit of laziness if you ask me.
    DCUO had this dual function system to their spells. Not saying their game was balanced, better, or in any way comparable. Just simply pointing out, that from my perspective and the friends I played with, there was nothing confusing about spells have 2 separate functions for PvE and PvP.

Edit - For my money, I'd rather see a dual function system, it would be worlds easier to balance for Blizzard. Either you master your class or you don't, having to learn two different spell functions (while I'm sure most of the time it would just be duration or damage differences, or flat out not function against players) wouldn't stop people from either getting it, or not. Much like the game currently is.
    Last edited by Redlikemyrage; 2012-12-16 at 01:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair warriors had more known separate nerfs like CS "back in the days"
    On the other hand, what would you prefer, getting totally gutted like most other classes?
    Warlocks to the ground, BM to the ground... warriors are still very good, I would be glad if
    my classes had the separate treatment but I'm not playing warrior or mage so that wont happen
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    DCUO had this dual function system to their spells. Not saying their game was balanced, better, or in any way comparable. Just simply pointing out, that from my perspective and the friends I played with, there was nothing confusing about spells have 2 separate functions for PvE and PvP.

Edit - For my money, I'd rather see a dual function system, it would be worlds easier to balance for Blizzard. Either you master your class or you don't, having to learn two different spell functions (while I'm sure most of the time it would just be duration or damage differences, or flat out not function against players) wouldn't stop people from either getting it, or not. Much like the game currently is.
    When I played Aion, it had it too. And I didn't find it confusing at all too, the tooltip pointed it out, and that's it. It just that Blizzard sometimes don't have that great an opinion on their players. I think it has something to do with possible bugs too, but don't ask me. A blue would know it better. Anyways, they should try to do it for all classes and most skills in the next expansion, and see how it fares. PVP will still be hard to balance, but at least they will have another degree of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    When I played Aion, it had it too. And I didn't find it confusing at all too, the tooltip pointed it out, and that's it. It just that Blizzard sometimes don't have that great an opinion on their players. I think it has something to do with possible bugs too, but don't ask me. A blue would know it better. Anyways, they should try to do it for all classes and most skills in the next expansion, and see how it fares. PVP will still be hard to balance, but at least they will have another degree of freedom.
    Wouldn't be wholly surprised to see this in a future expansion, either. Naturally, and unfortunately, a large overhaul of class mechanics would be something they wait for a new expansion for. I just wish it would come sooner, because you are spot on, it would give them a little more freedom to balance PvP, and PvP only.