Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Devotion aura... How do you guys feel about it?

Devotion aura if you ask me is quite shit atleast if you are a 10man guild doing HoF since Devotion aura is useless for most bosses in HoF.

For the 1st boss is devotion aura useless for everything, exept if a player gets MC'ed and acually uses spell dmg but even tho its close to useless since the dmg a player will do it not very high anyway.

For the 2nd boss is devotion aura acually useful for the last 20% which is actually where the damage is.

For the 3rd boss is devotion aura useless pritty much, it helps reducing damage from the pheromones but still the dmg from it is not very high.

For the 4th boss is devotion aura useless unless someone steps on a bomb but if they do you will probably not even be able to use it because i doubt someone will announce that they will make a mistake soon.

For the 5th boss is devotion aura useless unless someone fails on interrupting the monstrosity or themselves.

For the 6th boss is devotion aura only useful in the last phase which is helpful but still it's far from being as effective as other raid cd's

Imean if deovtion aura would get atleast a buff that made it reduce the physical dmg by 10% thats not that much it wont make it OP.
    Really devotion aura is pritty underpowered right now since it's very few points to use it.

Compared to other healing cd's it feels quite weak.

adding a 10% physical component would be really nice, even if it was in the form of a glyph that made it 10%/10%.

I disagree that it is completely useless in HoF, but it's usefulness is certainly limited and often times requires near perfect timing for it to be effective.

I also disagree that it's "weak compared to other healing cd's" - there aren't many CD's that reduce or help manage physical damage in an outstanding way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    adding a 10% physical component would be really nice, even if it was in the form of a glyph that made it 10%/10%.

I disagree that it is completely useless in HoF, but it's usefulness is certainly limited and often times requires near perfect timing for it to be effective.

I also disagree that it's "weak compared to other healing cd's" - there aren't many CD's that reduce or help manage physical damage in an outstanding way.
    I wouldn't call it completely useless, it was very strong on heroic Empress.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

The short duration doesn't help matters either.

i'm miss the old aura mastery that you could adapt to suit your raid situation depending on what aura you were sitting in.

its nice it being baseline for all paladins since in cata ret not having a raid cooldown hurt it in terms of raid viability against warriors and dks, but i really wish it had a physical or flat damage reduction instead of just mageic.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Indeed its not completely useless, but for 4/6 bosses is the use of it not big enough to make any diffrence really.

Well, i dont know every healing CD there is but say druids tranq, it does not reduce any kind of damage but it heals everyone a lot and fast which is better than devotion aura obviously.
    holypriest got their divine hymn that is pritty much like a tranq but not really as good.
    Monk's got their cd's that heals players for A LOT aswell and instant.
    Disc priest got their barrier which reduces all damage by 25% for everyone that's inside it.
    Shamans got their spirit link totem which reduces all damage by 10% and heals players in some way.

So pritty much everyone of the other healers "raid" cooldowns is in their way better than devotion aura since it only works against magical damage.

Deleted
    To be fair aura mastery / the current devotion aura was never about reducing melee damage. If you used aura mastery together with devotion aura you would get maybe 5% reduced melee damage while the spell damage was much much higher. However I do agree that it sucks that its purely spell damage now and I really wish we could glyph it 20% physical damage instead.

Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    For the 1st boss is devotion aura useless for everything, exept if a player gets MC'ed and acually uses spell dmg but even tho its close to useless since the dmg a player will do it not very high anyway.

For the 2nd boss is devotion aura acually useful for the last 20% which is actually where the damage is.

For the 3rd boss is devotion aura useless pritty much, it helps reducing damage from the pheromones but still the dmg from it is not very high.

For the 4th boss is devotion aura useless unless someone steps on a bomb but if they do you will probably not even be able to use it because i doubt someone will announce that they will make a mistake soon.

For the 5th boss is devotion aura useless unless someone fails on interrupting the monstrosity or themselves.

For the 6th boss is devotion aura only useful in the last phase which is helpful but still it's far from being as effective as other raid cd's
    20% magic damage reduction is pretty strong considering things like demo banner and spirit link are only 10% (although apply to physical damage).

As for using it for HoF in particular;
    Zorlok - yes its pretty useless.

Blade Lord - yes only good for p2 but it is quite handy to have once you get there (and don't forget how amazing bops are for this fight - not like we dont have useful defensives).

Garalon - pheremones damage is about 70% of the damage taken over the course of the fight, so devo is extremely useful for this, especially if you time it with high stacks or a crush.

Wind Lord - yes its pretty useless, i try to use it to mitigate someones corrosive resin damage.

Amber Shaper - great to have if someone screws up and you have to kill their monstrosity (uninterruptable) or if you have a lot of living Amber dying in quick succession (their explosion is nature damage). Also a strong cooldown for the burn phase!

Empress - Not sure why you think its useless on this fight, the eyes of the empress debuff is shadow damage and when the shields explode raid is low and the debuff will do aoe damage. Very good time to use devo. Also mitigates the damage from poison drenched armor in phase 2. And then of course all the damage in phase 3.

You're right about it being least useful in HoF compared to the other two raids but I'm pretty happy with it and 20% damage reduction is quite significant, especially considering it is off of the GCD, doesn't have any positioning requirements, and we get it in every spec!

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    I wouldn't call it completely useless, it was very strong on heroic Empress.
    I'm unclear why you quoted me, but yeah it's really strong for Heroic Empress (which I'm hoping to kill tonight! =p )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Garalon - pheremones damage is about 70% of the damage taken over the course of the fight, so devo is extremely useful for this, especially if you time it with high stacks or a crush.
    Still the reason for it being high on the damage taken is because it is active during the whole fight, 20% damage reduction for 12 seconds (if you use it twice that is)
    is still not very much, sure it helps but on garalon is it pritty much the crush ability that is the huge damage spike and that is really the one that kills or atleast hurts alot.

Amber Shaper - great to have if someone screws up and you have to kill their monstrosity (uninterruptable) or if you have a lot of living Amber dying in quick succession (their explosion is nature damage). Also a strong cooldown for the burn phase!
    Devotion aura sure is really good if someone do miss their interrupt but still i doubt there is a lot of people that will shout out on vent that they actually are going to miss the interrupt, and that is the thing with mistakes they happend just like that and none will have a chance to pop a CD until it's to late.
    And yes you are right i totally forgot the burn phase, it is useful there!

Empress - Not sure why you think its useless on this fight, the eyes of the empress debuff is shadow damage and when the shields explode raid is low and the debuff will do aoe damage. Very good time to use devo. Also mitigates the damage from poison drenched armor in phase 2. And then of course all the damage in phase 3.
    I never said it is useless on that fight. BUT i did say that it isnt until the last phase that it actually becomes useful. For the add phase sure it helps but its the same there as garalon 20% less magical dmg taken for 6 seconds is still not big enough to really make any diffrence, sure it do help for the small amount of time it's acually up.

I'm unclear why you quoted me, but yeah it's really strong for Heroic Empress (which I'm hoping to kill tonight! =p )
    Sorry, quoted wrong person. Was tabbed while recovering from a raid wipe. ^.^
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Its not that its "bad" but yes compared to other healer's comparable raid cooldowns its pathetically weak. Luckily, we make up for it with various other utility including hands, and our lvl 90 talents partially fill the role of healing cooldowns, most notably LH

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Sorry, quoted wrong person. Was tabbed while recovering from a raid wipe. ^.^
    No worries =)

Sometimes I forget that quotes of people who quoted others don't actually quote the "original" quote (insert Xzibit picture) and it makes me look stupid.

They could make it stronger for holy paladins only like they did with divine hymn for holy priests in cataclysm (not sure if its still that way now). Even a glyph would work just fine, though that would make the modifications available for Ret and Prot as well. Here's a few ideas for glyphs.

Glyph of Devotion Aura
    1. Removes the silence immunity of Devotion Aura but adds 20% physical damage reduction.
    2. Removes the silence immunity of Devotion Aura but increases the duration by 100%.
    3. Removes the silence immunity but Increases healing received while Devotion Aura is active by 40%.
    4. Devotion Aura now also increased armor value of items by 100% while active.
    5. While Devotion Aura is active, raid members affected by your sacred shield receive an additional 20% damage reduction.

I would be happy if either of these glyphs got implemented. Which one would you prefer the most? I'm leaning towards 1. Maybe 2. I think 5 would make it a nice Tank CD in conjunction with protecting the raid (titan gas), as well as offering some incentive to take sacred shield over eternal flame.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2012-12-17 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    yeah I agree, it's really weak compare to other cd's, and half of the time doesnt even help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DWguild View Post
    They could make it stronger for holy paladins only like they did with divine hymn for holy priests in cataclysm (not sure if its still that way now). Even a glyph would work just fine, though that would make the modifications available for Ret and Prot as well. Here's a few ideas for glyphs.

Glyph of Devotion Aura
    1. Removes the silence immunity of Devotion Aura but adds 20% physical damage reduction.
    2. Removes the silence immunity of Devotion Aura but increases the duration by 100%.
    3. Removes the silence immunity but Increases healing received while Devotion Aura is active by 40%.
    4. Devotion Aura now also increased armor value of items by 100% while active.
    5. While Devotion Aura is active, raid members affected by your sacred shield receive an additional 20% damage reduction.

I would be happy if either of these glyphs got implemented. Which one would you prefer the most? I'm leaning towards 1. Maybe 2. I think 5 would make it a nice Tank CD in conjunction with protecting the raid (titan gas), as well as offering some incentive to take sacred shield over eternal flame.
    1. It should probably remove the magic damage reduction or reduce it
    2. might be too powerful
    3. again probably too powerful 40% is huge pop this combined with other healer cds and you get everyone for 0 to full o0
    4. would make it a short duration tank cd... as an aura idk if that makes sense
    5. limited to 1 talent only => nope

Some benefits for devotion aura may have been overlooked. It's an instant cast 20% reduction in magic damage without a clustering requirement and you can heal in the duration. It's not an amazing instant cast spell which will save your raid, but when cast at the proper times it can give your healers a much needed breather. It's not a raid-saving type of spell in the same context as tranquility but it's not designed to be, otherwise we would be channeling it for 10 seconds and getting something like 50% rather than 20%. I also agree that something should be added or returned to it that gives increased armor or some other type of physical damage reduction.

Deleted
    not very useful on most fights in HoF, short duration, and being the only raid cd paladins have, i find it to be extremely lacklustre.

holy paladins need something more imo. something exclusive to holy that affects the whole raid.

I think the magic only component is weak solely since it becomes either "too good" or "not good enough," where all other healer raid cooldowns (correct me if I'm wrong) are able to mitigate all types of damage (barrier, tranquility, revival, divine hymn, spirit link/healing tide). So on Zor'lok, the raid cooldown is useless, and on Garalon (for instance), it's quite strong. I don't think the CD is that bad, but it seems really situational compared to other raid CD's.

Other than the magic only aspect, the cooldown seems fine. Perhaps there could be a Holy-spec specific passive called "Aura Mastery" that allows Devotion Aura to also reduce physical damage taken by 15-20%, just a thought.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-17 at 04:06 PM.

i dont think 2 or 3 would make it too powerful.

2. this would make it 12s long, which is around what other raid cooldowns last
    3. 40% increased healing is strong yes, keep in mind it only lasts 6 seconds, filling the entire raid in 6sec? i don't think so.