Thread: Is Eve OP?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Eve OP?

Every time I go Eve mid I dominate no matter who's my opponent. I might have had one bad game with her in thirty or so. She just feels so strong. Good poke, gap closer/escape with an inbuilt snare cleanse, awesome ult, and a melee nuke.

Every game I can just own the mid and gank top/bot. Is she just really strong, or am I lucky with opponents? =P

She has the Shaco syndrome. A lot of people don't know how to play against her. I just find her q incredibly annoying. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Yes. She is op.

Yes, EVE online is amazing.

Shes very very strong, Id say possibly OP. Her new kit is really good, her ulti not only does a ton of damage but the shield is quite strong, the escape with W is strong and she can just blow up your carry and walk away really.

Deleted
    Strong, yes.

OP. no.

I dont think you can decide how "op" a champion/ any type of balance is, in low levels of skill games. Personally I have 1 lost with her in maybe 30 games(and that was my first one).

But honestly I really don't think she is op. When considering a champion is op or not, you have to look at how hard does the champion capitalize on mistakes, and how much potential damage / utility does it have. Also how easy is it to force the enemy into a mistake. For eve, her potential to capitalize on mistakes and her potential damage is very high, how ever it is hard for her to force the enemy into making mistakes.

It is very easy for a team to counter eve's mid-late game, and her early game damage is low. She is also a close range caster, with a good shield, but a lack of a real escape when it comes down to focus fire in a team fight.

Eve wins games for the same reason akali does, she is a champion that allows you to easily capitalize on a skill difference between you and the enemy, on the other hand she has the same weakness imo, if you are a worse player then the enemy, it really shows. Also her stealth means in low level games with people who have low map awarness , it is easy to dominate with her. My current little trick is to start flask-pots-ward. Ward wraths, wait for the junlger to go red and kill them. Has worked 5/7 games and force summoners on the other 2 and a recall. Ofc that tactic is not op, because a good jungler would never fall for it and will always drag red into a buff, while a good mid will come to defend their jungle after i am missing for more then 10 seconds that early with that many pots.

tldr: Strong champion, like akali, if you are better then the enemy it will really show, if you are worse it will also glaringly show on her.

Deleted
    She isn't OP but she's pretty amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    I dont think you can decide how "op" a champion/ any type of balance is, in low levels of skill games. Personally I have 1 lost with her in maybe 30 games(and that was my first one).

But honestly I really don't think she is op. When considering a champion is op or not, you have to look at how hard does the champion capitalize on mistakes, and how much potential damage / utility does it have. Also how easy is it to force the enemy into a mistake. For eve, her potential to capitalize on mistakes and her potential damage is very high, how ever it is hard for her to force the enemy into making mistakes.

It is very easy for a team to counter eve's mid-late game, and her early game damage is low. She is also a close range caster, with a good shield, but a lack of a real escape when it comes down to focus fire in a team fight.

Eve wins games for the same reason akali does, she is a champion that allows you to easily capitalize on a skill difference between you and the enemy, on the other hand she has the same weakness imo, if you are a worse player then the enemy, it really shows. Also her stealth means in low level games with people who have low map awarness , it is easy to dominate with her. My current little trick is to start flask-pots-ward. Ward wraths, wait for the junlger to go red and kill them. Has worked 5/7 games and force summoners on the other 2 and a recall. Ofc that tactic is not op, because a good jungler would never fall for it and will always drag red into a buff, while a good mid will come to defend their jungle after i am missing for more then 10 seconds that early with that many pots.

tldr: Strong champion, like akali, if you are better then the enemy it will really show, if you are worse it will also glaringly show on her.
    Now that you mention it, I guess it makes sense.

However, even if a have a tough time in lane (which happens sometimes), I still always manage to get ahead of my lane opponent in cash, due to stealth ganks.

I also try to make them very uncertain all the time, by just faking ganks, and returning to lane, in hopes they will just get tired of/forget to call ss/mia.

Deleted
    She is if 0 people (including mid) buy any pink wards whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    She is if 0 people (including mid) buy any pink wards whatsoever.
    Honestly that just makes her stealth a mana regen passive. She isn't really in essence countered by wards, she is just seen by more expensive wards.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Honestly that just makes her stealth a mana regen passive. She isn't really in essence countered by wards, she is just seen by more expensive wards.
    It keeps her from roaming on your team by telling you when she's left the lane so essentially that does take away one of the big advantages of playing Eve mid.

Deleted
    But to be honest. If the enemy team is decent enough to use pink wards, then the one playing eve should be decent enough to buy oracles from time to time. And if your own team is decent enough, then they will counter pinks with pinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    But to be honest. If the enemy team is decent enough to use pink wards, then the one playing eve should be decent enough to buy oracles from time to time. And if your own team is decent enough, then they will counter pinks with pinks.
    That's a lot of freaking ifs. lol

I haven't really bought pink wards for Eve. I just pay attention to the immediate area around me for when she shows up and I open on her.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

In my experience she's one of the most insane anti-ADC champions out there for sure; she doesn't ever need blue buff as her spells are all so damn cheap; and she has good DPS, a shield and great mobility.

Vision wards can take care of roaming, but you should do all you can to take advantage of her short range by prodding and ganking her in lane early on.

While I hear Mordekaiser counters her mid lane, I don't know why since Evelynn has good short-range harassment at no health cost, but the one time I tried it it turned out well. Evelynn works well against Diana, though, so make sure your mid picks appropriately (TF is good since he has no trouble farming, countering her ganks, and revealing Evelynn with Gate).

Ward well, push her to her tower, watch her dwindle as everyone else gets stronger.

Best way to beat her really. When you push her to her tower, she can no longer farm well, and she has no way of pushing out quickly. Mord and Malz will dominate her.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found Eve really easy to last hit with just because of her Q. Fantastic and relatively easy champion to play from my personal experience.
    Hey everyone

She's strong enough to take me from default ELO (1200?) to 2k+ in 3 days.

Deleted
    With the new DFG buffs and Oracle nerfs, Eve just got buffed immensely. Yes. She is still fucking overpowered.

And please, she's not countered by pink wards for shit. So what, you're supposed to cripple your entire team with 125gx2 just because some dipshit thought Stealth was a fun and exciting mechanic? She's not even countered by Oracles. She's seen anyway, but with her massive MS it doessn't really matter whatsoever, she's still going to catch you and she's still going to rape your face in. You saw it yourselves when she was used in tournaments, just bank around the enemy team and come from behind. Tell me how an oracle's gonna help you there. You're going to get so far behind by spamming pinks (problaly why no pro team is spamming pinks even when against her) because of the gold cost. You cant pink everything up, opponents will notice and clear it out with oracles. Now you gotta buy another 125g pink. Your support and jungler will have no gold at all.

Deleted
    If someone got an oracle she can't ambush you in teamfights, if she can't ambush they are playing with 4 people, same goes for Akali and Teemo's mushrooms.
    Before TF if u can attack her before she can ulti in the middle of some players and shield she is really squishy, is an assassin so is supposed to be like that.
    Didn't have a EVE in a 1100 elo ranked (EUW) since S3 (63 games) so probably people either doesn't think she is OP or they are not good enough to play her.