Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else disappointed with Feast of Winter Veil?

Seem like a waste of a holiday event. Nothing really worth doing. Granted they offer a very low drop rate chance to get an epic dagger. (Grats Rogues)

Everyone else is kinda left out. Why not offer a chance to get a weapon that can benefit every class. And maybe offer a dungeon to port into to fight. Kinda like Brewfest.

Blizz... Are you saying Brewfest is a bigger gift of giving than Christmas!?

Otherwise, these daggers are nothing more than auction house items and a waste of a time for this event.

So is anyone else not even bothering with this event?

1. It is better than the real world equivalent
    2. I get to unwrap presents on the 25th, doesn't happen in the real world.
    3. Just because something is the same every year, doesn't make it rubbish - it makes it tradition

10+ Year Old Account
    All in game holiday events are like this. None of them are super special. Sure, people might have a preference to Brewfest or Hallow's End, but they're all just full of little time wasters. After doing them on my main years ago, I really don't take part of them, but I will be logging on and opening my present of the 25th. If for no reason than that I always do if I'm playing at that time.

Wow.

We really do have to be "disappointed" with literally every little thing, don't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's a companion pet too, if you don't have it already (and care about that :U).

It is the same as every year, no reason for it to be upgraded. We get our presents under the tree about 24th December, think it is all over 15 get a pet. If you have not got it you can work towards the title. Not every festival has to be about big gear upgrades. This one is a fun one to match the season festivity for some religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Seem like a waste of a holiday event. Nothing really worth doing. Granted they offer a very low drop rate chance to get an epic dagger. (Grats Rogues) Part of meta-achievement

Everyone else is kinda left out. Why not offer a chance to get a weapon that can benefit every class. And maybe offer a dungeon to port into to fight. Kinda like Brewfest. Tried LFR yet?

Blizz... Are you saying Brewfest is a bigger gift of giving than Christmas!? Different events are different, whowuddathunk.

Otherwise, these daggers are nothing more than auction house items and a waste of a time for this event. Daggers? I do it for achievements, pets, vanity items and the holiday feel

So is anyone else not even bothering with this event?
    My opinions on bold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well, there's a companion pet too, if you don't have it already (and care about that :U).
    where do i get said pet??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    It drops from the holiday boss's loot bag.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Wow.

We really do have to be "disappointed" with literally every little thing, don't we?
    Never said that did I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed as in I don't care to log in for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disappointed. It's nothing fancy, but it's hard for me to be disappointed at a fun, special event. Already with these kind of things, I appreciate that Blizzard has even implemented them, so them not being fancy enough for me is kinda looking a gift horse in the mouth. I think it's cool that we get special goodies and whatever, even if it's only just killing the Greench for a bag of silly toys every day.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Lumpy!

To paste from my wowdb comment: This little guy is learned from the Lump of Coal, which is a rare drop from the Stolen Present rewarded for completing the Winter Veil holiday quest You're a Mean One....

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Winter Veil is one of my favorite holidays. Unlike a lot of small minds that play this game, I don't need to be rewarded with loot, to find something fun or worth doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need fancy loot, epic items etc to enjoy this holiday. Seeing people in Ironforge with reindeer mounts and the Christmas costumes is all I need.

The decorations..the feel of the whole event is what I like. There is a bit of PvP action at the holiday boss on my server.

Part of me wishes I had some sort of evil santa to kill to obtain some cool mount, rare drop like the horsemen or just a temporary one like the brooms that isn't a reindeer. Maybe a giant 2 person sleigh. I'd like to kill a robot santa like in Futurama.

What is wrong with u OP? It's a fun and festive world event with silly things to do that are supposed to be whimsical not super rewarded with awesome stuff. Ya, there's no mount like brewfest; so what? Is your measure of worthwhile entirely based on the potential epics you can get? Players like this really ruin the quality of the game; they can't have fun for the sake of fun -.-

doesn't seem like there's as much to do as there is in other holidays

What happened to the Lord Ahune btw? Didn't we get to fight the scary dude who dropped an awesome looking scythe and a bunch of capes? Why replace him with Grinch who doesn't even drop anything good.

Let's not pretend, folks, WoW is a loot-p0rn game. I.e. you WANT TO GET MORE LOOT. Once you don't have it - it's a different kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    What happened to the Lord Ahune btw?
    He's the midsummer boss, so wrong season.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    doesn't seem like there's as much to do as there is in other holidays
    More than others, and there's a LOT more to do than there used to be.