Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary questline - the final quest to end chapter 2.

Hello everyone, as many may have noticed all the quests in Wrathion (legendary) questline are soloable, except the final one: [H]http://www.wowdb.com/quests/32430-a-change-of-command or [A]http://www.wowdb.com/quests/32388-a-change-of-command.

What i mean by soloable, chapter 1 consists of running LFR every week in order to gather 20 sigils and after that a chimera item, while also you are raising your reputation with black prince to honored, you can do all of them by yourself without the help of anyone else.
    In chapter 2 you you have to raise your reputation to revered while you also gather 6k valor points, after that you have to win 2 battlegrounds, for all of them you also don't need the help of someone else, it's all up to you. Then it comes the final quest where you have to kill a raid boss with more than 100M health, so we have to gather up a raid group to kill him.

So i wanna hear your ideas on how to deal with this problem, i am very very casual player that i rely to myself and myself only, i never organized anything at all and now i don't know what to do to pass this obstacle. I am in guild that does not help, my friend list is empty and my server is more dead than a corpse, so i don't know what to do. Btw just for your information i am Horde and i am playing in European servers.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a legendary item, you will be expected at some point or another to do more work than simply collecting sigils or valor in order to progress the item and the story. Also, be aware that with each new content update, a new quest will be introduced so this may simply be the tip of the iceberg in regards to what you will need to kill in order to move forward.

As for his guy, he's already dropping to five man groups so it's nowhere near an impossible task. His health does not reflect his difficulty unless they throw in some kind of mechanic just for that event.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually on PTR I solo'd the boss for that quest. However what makes it hard is it forces PvP even on Normal server (which I play on). Since the boss in question is a PvP boss. So if you can avoid other players and be undisturbed by them, you might be able to do it. If you notice my sig you will also know I am a Hunter so might be because of the pet that I can do it alone ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Actually on PTR I solo'd the boss for that quest. However what makes it hard is it forces PvP even on Normal server (which I play on). Since the boss in question is a PvP boss. So if you can avoid other players and be undisturbed by them, you might be able to do it. If you notice my sig you will also know I am a Hunter so might be because of the pet that I can do it alone ;P
    About PvP, as i told you in my post, my server is dead for both horde and alliance so even in peak times there is no alliance to be found.
    I am also a hunter and i wanted to test this raid boss so i send my turtle pet to attack him but even with mend pet on it he killed it with just 2 hits, so i guess that soloing it is out of the question.

Deleted
    Really.....? If you are a very very casual player as you say you have no use for a legendary item its really that simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    About PvP, as i told you in my post, my server is dead for both horde and alliance so even in peak times there is no alliance to be found.
    I am also a hunter and i wanted to test this raid boss so i send my turtle pet to attack him but even with mend pet on it he killed it with just 2 hits, so i guess that soloing it is out of the question.
    Was he specced as tenacity? Are you using your extra action button when it's available? It honestly sounds as though you went into the fight blind. I'd try reading up on it and trying again.

you must be able to find others doing the same quest? could you not find people cross realm? if they invite you, you move to their server try find a group? this game is 100% made to be played with others, i dont think blizzard have done anything wrong with you requiring the help of others.

It's just this is a game where nobody helps with anything unless there's some personal gain as well. The raid boss should have some carrot so people would actually want to help. Maybe he should drop loot when someone has the quest to kill him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Really.....? If you are a very very casual player as you say you have no use for a legendary item its really that simple...
    And that really bother you? Why he/she wouldn't have use of it?

Bet a blood dk can solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's just this is a game where nobody helps with anything unless there's some personal gain as well. The raid boss should have some carrot so people would actually want to help. Maybe he should drop loot when someone has the quest to kill him.
    This is the part that worries me too, nobody does anything in WoW anymore without some personal gain involved, that and the forced PvP on PvE servers makes it potentially hugely annoying...

just ask some dudes to help you
    wow was nerver menth to be a single player game , but problably a warlock can kill him solo :P

Deleted
    isnt that the reason why you're in a guild or make friends with other players in game? so they can help you without a gain and the other way around?

Edit: well i can understand why a completely random stranger doesnt wanna help you out for something he hasnt interrest in. thats why i generally ignore all the low level: RUN ME THROUGH RFC PLZ! whispers.

Don't know why people are not thinking about this logically...

Unless you're really slow in getting sigils or valor capping every week for the 2nd part of the chain, by the time you reach this quest to kill the elite boss, other people will be too. Ask on trade that you want to do this quest and you'll find people. Also because its not instanced you can probably find people cross server via OpenRaid or forums.

i am very very casual player
    I know Blizzard has made legendaries more and more accessible over the years, but come on.. This is a legendary quest, kid. You have chosen to play an MMO where you have no friends, no organized raiding guild, on a dead server, and play less than probably 10 hours a week. You also have refused to organize a group to tackle this roadblock you have encountered.. But before I sound like a complete ass (too late?) let me say I think your choice of gameplay is totally fine & I am sure you live a much more balanced life then a lot of players, including myself.

But I digress.. Legendaries aren't for casuals. Blizzard wanted to include casual players this time around in parts of the quest chain, but there comes a point where things have to get a little more challenging. I am sorry but you aren't going to get over this part of this quest or any other parts down the road if you aren't willing to work for a legendary.

Surely the fact that other people want to complete the legendary would count as a carrot?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

So i wanna hear your ideas on how to deal with this problem, i am very very casual player that i rely to myself and myself only, i never organized anything at all and now i don't know what to do to pass this obstacle. I am in guild that does not help, my friend list is empty and my server is more dead than a corpse, so i don't know what to do. Btw just for your information i am Horde and i am playing in European servers.
    1) Stop being a casual for a few days and put some time/effort into completing the quest.
    2) Spend a little time organizing something in trade or with other people on the same quest as you.
    3) Join a new guild that might contain people who are more friendly and helpful.
    4) Make some friends cause being anti social in a social game would be troublesome. (Ex: the situation you're in now)
    5) Transfer to a better server.

A solution to all the issues you listed. There should be no reason you can't do any of these unless you choose not to. Excuses wont get this quest done, putting some effort into it will ;p

There have been other game elements that haven't been able to be completed solo before. Just think of the Legendary as part of that. Or wait for someone else to set up a group when you get to the point where you need to do it. It's like, the game set up the groups for you to get the Sigils. Now you'll just have to wait for someone else to set up a group for the next part.

Sorry, I'm just against a Legendary being able to be completed by basically a "very very casual" solo player. No offense meant, just think that Legendaries are meant to be earned by difficult group challenges. =/

looks like youre getting the legendary as old content, just like the thousands of people who couldn't organise groups before you have

If anyone needs help on my server, just let me know