Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Favourite MoP boss Mechanic

Does what it says on the tin, what's your favourite MoP raid boss mechanic so far? It may be an ability, or a string of abilities all tied together by something.

I'm still loving the dance on Will of the Emperor, although the final phase of Blade Lord with his Tornado dodging mechanic was pretty fun. Hell, I just love anything to do with movement

Fire away!

Dodging tornadoes is awesome and will never get old.

I really like how they are making movement a major part of raiding this expansion. I guess with the new talent system, they can build encounters knowing people have access to mobility increasing abilities.

I enjoyed feng and will as a tank, extra buttons are always fun in a fight.

Deleted
    I liked the day/night synergy in Tsulong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the tornadoes boss is prob my fav so far in MOP, i just wish there were more mechanic fights like flame leviathan (ulduar).

Deleted
    I like elegon's floor, best retard check since atramedes' rings...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the Sha of Fear mechanics, such a great fight. I enjoy The Spirit Kings and Elegon from Vaults, as well as Blade Lord and Imperial Vizier from HoF.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Elegon is one of my favorite fights so far. I find blade lord very boring, not quite as boring as will of the emperor but quite close. The floor on Elegon is one of my favorite mechanics in WoW, right after the adds on heroic nef knocking people off the platforms .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnys View Post
    I like elegon's floor, best retard check since atramedes' rings...
    I have bets every week with my mate when we run MSV LFR.

How many people to fail on the floor. Closest gets 1k gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Zor'lok, the double attenuation in the last phase is so much fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    I have bets every week with my mate when we run MSV LFR.

How many people to fail on the floor. Closest gets 1k gold.
    I just made a macro, "/yell THIS IS SPARTA!" and hit it every time someone fails in LFR, it's seen a lot of use...

Honestly, as a tank, the very first boss. All the swapping between tanks keeps the fight fresh every week for me, as it is never the exact same fight twice. For tanks at any rate.

Elegon probably has the best mechanic, Blade Lord is annoying with any higher than 300ms, getting taken by tornadoes 5 yards away is just horrible.

elagon sparks affli warlock aand any other boss where i can somehow cheat dps or skip boss mechanic by some of my spells like blade lord tornados demonic circle+gateway at start of last phase and i am at boss within first 10 secs D

Elegon is a fantastic fight and it's just strange how it's not the final boss considering Will is so boring with just killing adds the entire time. Personally I would have found Elegon as the last boss to be epic. Plus it has the chance at an amazing looking mount. Why wouldn't you make it the last guy? They put so much work into the fight, only to have the complete opposite for Will.

Elegon is just boring and a gear check. Not sure why so many like that fight. Spirit Kings would have been the best choice for being end boss fight in MSV. Being tuned a little harder in normal mode and using the worst combination on heroic and it would have been wonderful.

The orbs on queen are really fun to heal for, with people with the debuffs needing to come out for heals, and planning for orb explosions that are close to each other.

Deleted
    As a healer, I'd say Tsulong. As someone who likes to see other people die, I'd say Zor'lok's Attenuation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Heroic Zor'lok's Attenuation is the only mechanic that made me smile this tier.
    This sums it up very well. Attenuation in the last phase is probably my favourite.

Deleted
    Garalon is pretty interesting, but so boring for a tank!