Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Siege of Orgrimmar - return of Champions of the Horde?

I've been thinking for a while. It would be fitting if Blizzard had put the 3 man team, which was responsible for helping during the Founding of Durotar by stopping Daelin Proudmoore and the Kul Tiras forces; thos 3 being: Rexxar, Rokhan and of course Chen Stormstout.

Fitting, if not ironic.
    We haven't seen Rexxar since Burning Crusade, but considering how well he's in relations with Thrall, it would be possible if he gets called for.

We haven't seen Rokhan since Wrath of the Lich King, except that he was briefly mentioned in the Stormrage novel; but since he's a troll and all...well, I don't think I have to explain if you completed "Horde is Family".

As for Chen, well the fact that he's already greatly involved I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up for SoO, tho he's not officially a Champion of the Horde, his involvment in protecting Durotar was certainly not small.

They said Rexxar was coming back in 5.2 I think. Chen should get more spotlight so the only missing link is Rokhan, who I'm thinking they'll probably put in too.

Rexxar+Chen was epic in War 3 and the only thing I like that involves a Pandaren.

Deleted
    I'm in favor of making them raid bosses aiding Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    ....why???

I doesn't make any sense.

Deleted
    a scenario called the 'reclaiming durotar' where rexxar and co save innocents etc up to the gates of orgrimmar. that would be a great pre-event for the raid.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a little Mok'nathal action again! Especially against the Kor'kron Guard, Blackrock and Fel Orcs (or whatever Garrosh is making in RFC) while the siege could consist of Stonemaul Brutes leveling the city with rocks. Big rocks.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-12-17 at 01:50 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    as Jshadows says that makes no sense at all.

This will be an interesting setup. Chen is a neutral character, but he's one who in wc3 made friends with several members of the horde back then, Rexxar, Rohkan, Vol'jin (apparently he calls him an old friend). does this mean Chen will be one of the driving forces in having both horde and alliance put aside any differences in order to deal with Garrosh? You can bet he's the kind of character who could.
    #boycottchina

Who here has watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and seen Sozin's Comet?

The Order of the Grand Lotus or whatever says hello. When they took back Ba Sing Se.

That's ALL.

I CAN THINK OF.

WITH THIS THREAD.

PURE AWESOMESAUCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Seeing Rexxar again definitely makes sense and would be enjoyable as all hell.

Needs more Nazgrel though!

10+ Year Old Account
    The horde is currently missing many of its 'heroes', and by heroes I mean characters who are not just tools for Garrosh's army, but hordies who represent the best of the horde. Rexxar, Rohkan, Saurfang, Nazgrel. We also have Vol'jin now incogneto, and of course Thrall, though he's nearby watching over the darkspears.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The horde is currently missing many of its 'heroes', and by heroes I mean characters who are not just tools for Garrosh's army, but hordies who represent the best of the horde. Rexxar, Rohkan, Saurfang, Nazgrel. We also have Vol'jin now incogneto, and of course Thrall, though he's nearby watching over the darkspears.
    I think the less involvement from Thrall for now, the better. Chris Metzen admitted that he had a bit of a bias for him (“It’s not that I’m an Alliance or Horde fan; I’m a Thrall fan”), which is why the Horde lore seems so much stronger than the Alliance's to me.

But the others -- we definitely to see what their involvement begets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I think the less involvement from Thrall for now, the better. Chris Metzen admitted that he had a bit of a bias for him (“It’s not that I’m an Alliance or Horde fan; I’m a Thrall fan”), which is why the Horde lore seems so much stronger than the Alliance's to me.

But the others -- we definitely to see what their involvement begets.
    I disagree Thrall represents those heroes I just mentioned, he represents the better half of the horde, so you can't just dismiss his character because some people got hangups about of what happened in cata. There is no argument there except of peoples own negative bias, so it serves nothing for the story.
    After all, the kind of people who disliked Thrall also though Garrosh as the best warchief the horde has had, and that clueless ideology went on to having there new leader become the worst thing to happen to the horde.
    I would sooner trust in the writers then what the muling fans and there lack of proper judgement have to say about it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a case of "OMG EPIC" and how we're so used to entertaining action in killing,strength and acting *tough* and all that, which somehow appeals to those folks. Now they're entitled to it but Garrosh IS NOT the next best thing after Jesus(Or in this case Elune).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I think it's a case of "OMG EPIC" and how we're so used to entertaining action in killing,strength and acting *tough* and all that, which somehow appeals to those folks. Now they're entitled to it but Garrosh IS NOT the next best thing after Jesus(Or in this case Elune).
    Been saying so all along dude, many ignored it and wanted to pretend he was something special. I've learn from reading the warcraft novels and how the old saying 'those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it', it was so dam obvious history was being repeated with Garrosh, being just like his father.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    They said Rexxar was coming back in 5.2 I think. Chen should get more spotlight so the only missing link is Rokhan, who I'm thinking they'll probably put in too.

Rexxar+Chen was epic in War 3 and the only thing I like that involves a Pandaren.
    Where did you hear it and who said is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post

where did they say rexxar was coming back? missed that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Where did you hear it and who said is?
    Though I can't find it specifically at the moment, I will second that this was said (Rexxar's return).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Though I can't find it specifically at the moment, I will second that this was said (Rexxar's return).
    well one can hope. although its going to be a new raid in 5.2, I can bet on there being a good portion of lore development outside the raid too like 5.1 offered. Perhaps this will see the start of the real horde rebellion, a new faction by which we can do secret quests for the rebellion against Garrosh's forces.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Or, you know, they could stop randomly bringing back lore figures who have been out of the swing of things for quite some time and instead focus on developing the current batch of lore figures in a more satisfactory manner.

The lore figures who have suffered directly at the hands of Garrosh should be showing up in the siege of Orgrimmar, not whoever would make the most controversial cameo.
    Honestly I don't see what would be wrong with Bringing Rexxar back for SoO,
    I mean he was there during elemental invasion before Cataclysm and now, it would be fitting than he, Rokhan and Chen would return and stop the destruction of the very thing they once fought to protect. Besides, this war is going to involve more than just a few selected character, not just leaders and Thrall but other lore figures.

I don't like the idea, as they would just be background characters and make no sense, like having loads of characters in the Mount Hyjal dailies 'becuz itz kewl'.
    How it would not make sense?

The 3 are Champions of the Horde (or atleast the 1st 2), so it's most fitting that they'd be the ones that would help protect it.

Beside, I don't see how there are many notable characters in MH/MF dalies, other than Malfurion, Jerod and Cenarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post

How it would not make sense?

The 3 are Champions of the Horde (or atleast the 1st 2), so it's most fitting that they'd be the ones that would help protect it.

Beside, I don't see how there are many notable characters in MH/MF dalies, other than Malfurion, Jerod and Cenarious.
    People still have issues with having lore characters being involve with raids. They want raid to have no lore, just loot.
    #boycottchina