Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Talking 5.2 Class hopes.

This message is basically for players of WOW asking what do
    you hope 5.2 will bring for your class Rogue in particular, but
    if u want u can say what u hope this patch will bring for any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I'd like a total rework of Shadow Blades and a shit-ton more visually pleasing effects.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    At this point, I'd like a total rework of Shadow Blades and a shit-ton more visually pleasing effects.

What's wrong with shadow blades?

ShS baseline, Improved ShS put in its place (lower CD; breaks snares; something).

Extra crit % on at least Ambush.

Hemo gives SV again.

That's all I can hope for until next xpac; they rarely majorly rework things mid-xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by cynicalz View Post
    It's dumb and uninspired...

Also i hope snd gets removed, and CP builders boosted to balance that

ShS baseline, damage outside Shadowdance buffed a bit.
    Don't really know a lot about Rogues tho. :<
    Hi

Deleted
    I just wish they'd do away with SnD. I swear rogue would be way more enjoyable if I could spend my combo points on something more useful than an autoattack buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I just wish they'd do away with SnD. I swear rogue would be way more enjoyable if I could spend my combo points on something more useful than an autoattack buff.
    Agreed.

Our cp expenditure should be meaningful. recup, evi, rupture, kidney.. they feel useful. slice feels bleh

Deleted
    Minor/Major class overhaul plz!

-Slice & Dice reworked => increasing style damage+less haste
    -Poisons reworked => poisons now short term CDs
    -Shadowstep baseline
    -talent tiers reworked
    -active, non finisher heals (maybe one of the short term poison CDs)
    -Cloak+Evasion CD reduced
    -visuals reworked
    -glyphs reworked

That's about it... no "huuuge" class defining changes, all but the poisons, which are not a must have, but would be very nice, as they seem outdated.

The biggest impact we need is more active damage and faster damage.
    Even in PvE this can be frustrating when every other class, even every hybrid DD, got much, much more burst damage.
    Yes, we can make up for this most of the time, but it just feels bad designed for our class.
    We are an energy based class, we should be strongest at the beginning of an fight... hit and run....
    Not like warriors who should build up their damage more. Now its the exact opposite. The heavy armored brute hits like a truck with his first slash, although he has not much "rage" while the fast and nimble fighter seems like a mosquito over time >.>
    Rogue damage should come in bursts... at the beginning when we have max energy and at the end when we use our finishers. In between shouldn't matter that much.

Either that... or they need to give us godlike mobility to make up for the fact that you have to stick to the target all the time to deliver your damage, as you can't burst.
    Last edited by mmoc420d930b3c; 2012-12-17 at 01:36 PM.

I would be happy with a rebalance of passive/active damage. Nerf poisons and autoattack, and remove snd. Make mutilate/bs/SS our top damage, and make envenom/eviscerate meaningful damage in its own right.

-Shiv no longer parry/dodgeable.

-Gouge generates combo point.

-Shadowstep or Prep baseline.

-Cloak of shadows 1min CD.

-Hemo gives SV.

-Old poison proc animation from vanilla as minor glyph!

10+ Year Old Account
    None of you guys actually think SnD will get removed or ShS will be baseline right? >.>
    If any class were in need of a makeover much like locks got it would be rogues. They have become the most stale class these days and could really use a tune up. I know blizzards policy is don't fix what isn't broken and no change for the sake of change, but jeeze rogue's just don't have the excitement they used to have, at least for me anyhow. Monks play a lot like how I would have imagined rogues would.

well GC said the following : Ghostcrawler if you could give a class a revamp what would it be?
    "Don't think any class needs a revamp ATM. If it weren't for risk, would be fun to make 2 DPS specs in 1 class very different. (Source)"
    i dont expect anything but nerfs for rogues
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalz View Post
    To quote another poster from a recent thread when someone claimed Shadow Blades was "fine":

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    It really isn't. It happens to be a great spell on Combat because of its great synergy with the spec. However, it's very uninteresting for Assassination, a spec that doesn't rely on auto attack damage, or Subtlety, a spec that doesn't need increased combo point generation or armor-bypassing.

Shadow Blades should definitely be looked at again; It needs to either get the Ascendance treatment (Have different effects depending on which spec it's being used in) or be made Combat exclusive, while new cooldowns would be made for Subtlety and Assassination.
    I agree completely. One of the most spec biased, clunky abilities they've ever added.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    To quote another poster from a recent thread when someone claimed Shadow Blades was "fine":

I agree completely. One of the most spec biased, clunky abilities they've ever added.
    they just ran out of abilitys while designing talent trees and new class ability i guess rogue was last on their list for something new
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Yea I think the devs don't have anything innovative for the rogues, just look at all the new abilities this got this expansion lawlz

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    they just ran out of abilitys while designing talent trees and new class ability i guess rogue was last on their list for something new
    Rogues are always last on the list for anything in betas.

I don't understand why Vent is a GCD when most other 1/2 mins buffs for classes aren't....

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    It's dumb and uninspired...

Also i hope snd gets removed, and CP builders boosted to balance that
    You are insane, Shadow Blades is one of my favorite abilities to be added to rogues since Shadow step and Shadow Dance.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    You are insane, Shadow Blades is one of my favorite abilities to be added to rogues since Shadow step and Shadow Dance.
    So a boost to autoattack dmg and double combo points is a great and fun ability? Bitch please... Look at mage's alter time, that's a fun and interesting ability, maybe SB could appear just nice when compared to other sh**ty abilities (pve wise) such as lolbomb, shroud of concealement and shadow walk... it's hard to tell the most useless between those for raiding...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2012-12-17 at 08:10 PM.