Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    yep frustrating even if monks are bad dps wise there are more fun to play then rgues imo i realized how fast paced the monk can be if you play him right there is almost no waiting between skills
    I can go out and buy cigarettes between two mutilates, i heard of ppl who graduated during this time too

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I can go out and buy cigarettes between two mutilates, i heard of ppl who graduated during this time too
    hahaha yeah ! thats what annoys me the most about my rogue
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  3. #63
    I think rogues should be a cleave spec; we are a pure and that does nothing to hurt us. A cleave talent level would not be awful.

    I'd like to see SnD reworked. Minumum: it gives us expose armor (max) for free. Why the hell do we need a talent called "expose armor" when we put up something like SnD. Frankly I think SnD should simply do damage, it's speed buff, AND expose armor.

    I will agree that shuriken toss adds fun to the class; and Anticipation adds some depth. Make those abilities baseline. By all means nerf the crap out of shuriken toss and make a PvP talent to rebuff it if that's necessary. But outside it's a really great pulling tool. I just don't bring it because I'm scared to death I'll accidentally find I forgot to respec before a pull.

    And of course I'd really like a cleaner AoE system. I think our AoE is just barbaric.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Hitting an additional target while sitting around like a rage starved monkey, cheesing the meters because we're doing a second mini-rotation with absolutely no extra effort? That's dumb. I'm not a fan of padding the meters. Single target is single target and AoE is AoE. This cleave thing has gone a little over the top now.

    But again, I'm sure I'm all but alone on this one.
    The thing is: Every spec needs something so we deal more dmg than single target with multiple targets.
    For all I care they could nerf bladeflurry, but give something similar to the other specs. Some cleave.

    At the moment only combat gains something when there are 2-4 targets. Mut can only hope to spread some poisons or a second rupture to gain about 10-20 % dps. No fun.


    Maybe something creative... bombs, AE shuriken, multi target combo points? Whatever.


    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    yep frustrating even if monks are bad dps wise there are more fun to play then rgues imo i realized how fast paced the monk can be if you play him right there is almost no waiting between skills
    I have to say, I'm thankful for this.
    There are some classes, that are just no fun for me, because you have to bash your keyboard like a mad monkey.
    Even blizz tried to fix this for DK from wrath>cata. (I only know this because I was unholy DK in wrath, and it was keyboard mashing extreme).

    Mashing a specific key or two is okay for min maxing, even Mut needs to do this for clean shifts between skills.
    But waiting for like 5 mini CDs which all go ready at the same time most of the time... no fun for me.

    Mut could be a bit more fast paced, and maybe a more interesting variance in skills (proccs), but its fine for me most of the time, at least during heroism.

  5. #65
    Interesting tweet
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have had the discussion about whether we're buffing rogues too much in 5.2. Give it a spin on the PTR and let us know.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...73628012896257

  6. #66
    Are 5.2 patch notes or datamining up anywhere? I didn't even know the 5.2 PTR was up... or does he mean when it goes up?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Are 5.2 patch notes or datamining up anywhere? I didn't even know the 5.2 PTR was up... or does he mean when it goes up?
    Its not up yet.

  8. #68
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,517
    Make SnD for combat only
    Buff the damage of Mut and envenom
    Rework shadowblades
    New animation

  9. #69
    Bring back Cata sub.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    Bring back Cata sub.
    This, i enjoyed the last "rogue" spec, but alas it can not be allowed to be good.

  11. #71
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    I guess I'll put my 2 cents in. I do not want Slice and Dice removed/changed or Shadow Blades. I like them the way they are, and I know people will disagree with me. I like that you can combo SnD+Shadow Blades+Killing Spree, it's a ton of burst in PvP and awesome damage in PvE. I like that SnD and Shadow Blades give Shadow Dance that much needed "oomf" now that the crit bonus stuff is gone for Ambush and Backstab. etc.

    Otherwise, go ahead. Change as much as you like.

  12. #72
    I am Murloc! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I guess I'll put my 2 cents in. I do not want Slice and Dice removed/changed or Shadow Blades. I like them the way they are, and I know people will disagree with me. I like that you can combo SnD+Shadow Blades+Killing Spree, it's a ton of burst in PvP and awesome damage in PvE. I like that SnD and Shadow Blades give Shadow Dance that much needed "oomf" now that the crit bonus stuff is gone for Ambush and Backstab. etc.

    Otherwise, go ahead. Change as much as you like.

    Do you play either of the non Combat specs legitimately? I don't think anyone here is asking for a shadowblades change regarding to combat. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of them said leave it alone for combat and give it the "Ascendance" treatment for the other two specs, which is an incredibly good idea.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  13. #73
    Banned JhanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Do you play either of the non Combat specs legitimately? I don't think anyone here is asking for a shadowblades change regarding to combat. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of them said leave it alone for combat and give it the "Ascendance" treatment for the other two specs, which is an incredibly good idea.
    I'm open to seeing what other ideas people have for Shadow Blades, when not specced Combat. I still PvP, and I personally enjoy comboing SnD+SBlades+Dance, it gives me a lot of burst that was nerfed when the +crit on Backstab and such was removed.

    I guess I'll update my stance and say I'd be open to seeing it changed, provided it was something I actually liked. An Ascendance level buff would be admittedly pretty cool.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I'm open to seeing what other ideas people have for Shadow Blades, when not specced Combat. I still PvP, and I personally enjoy comboing SnD+SBlades+Dance, it gives me a lot of burst that was nerfed when the +crit on Backstab and such was removed.
    If you use snd+blades+dance you will get more cp and energy than you can use in Sdance, is a waste of skills. Use for pressure, Sdance on target, make sure you have 5 stacks of anticipation, and redirect to focus with full kidney, smoke and Sblades to a clean kill.

  15. #75
    anything that involves making Subtley viable (and not hurting the raid's DPS by choosing to spec Sub) is a plus in my book.

    Please make it so Blizz! I loved Cata Sub!

  16. #76
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,352
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Interesting tweet
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have had the discussion about whether we're buffing rogues too much in 5.2. Give it a spin on the PTR and let us know.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...73628012896257
    Almost certainly have, I don't think I can ever recall a moment when a spec was underpowered/overpowered and they fixed it in one go. Blizzard fixes are always a triangulation effort, go too far one way, work back in themselves.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  17. #77
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wherever I am right now
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Interesting tweet
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have had the discussion about whether we're buffing rogues too much in 5.2. Give it a spin on the PTR and let us know.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...73628012896257
    Now, everyone give it a spin. See how strong Rogues may be. And say NOTHING.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    The thing is: Every spec needs something so we deal more dmg than single target with multiple targets.
    For all I care they could nerf bladeflurry, but give something similar to the other specs. Some cleave.

    At the moment only combat gains something when there are 2-4 targets. Mut can only hope to spread some poisons or a second rupture to gain about 10-20 % dps. No fun.
    FoK + crimson tempest + Envenom buff is pretty sweet.

    the problem is that assassination has a lot more setup than most specs to AoE effectively. i really wish that they'd gone with Blade Flurry (and Shadowstep, but that's another thread) baseline and not given us CT. even go so far as to make blade flurry attacks proc poisons - and just adjust energy costs, or damage transfer percentages so it's not hilariously OP, but still a DPS upgrade in multi-target situations.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfirin View Post
    Now, everyone give it a spin. See how strong Rogues may be. And say NOTHING.
    Tbh, I see them reworking rogues with how much we're bitching. and it might make us too powerful

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Tbh, I see them reworking rogues with how much we're bitching. and it might make us too powerful
    Wouldn't be wrong when pure classes dominated the PvE world again and pvp is imbalanced since vanilla, so nobody cares.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •