Thread: Sound issue

Sound issue

So recently while listening to music (i guess in the past 2 months), my sound has been acting odd. Throughout songs, the music will seem to lag and create that muffled/distorted sound (if you've never heard the sound, its difficult to explain). Ive tried updating my drivers, but it doesn't seem to work.

It could be that im using an outdated version of Windows 8(Consumer Preview) which could be preventing my system from recognizing driver updates?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Download LatencyMon Let it run while playing music. After you have a few of the glitches, check the process/drivers tab for Highest execution that's not a system/graphics driver. Chances are a driver of some sort is causing latency that's messing with music playback.

Hmm, alright, ill get back tot his when i check that out and see whats going

Thanks for the time being

It might not be the most common issue with Windows 8 but it's a known one. Hope below suggestions may help.

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Playback tab.
    Right click on a playback device, and choose Configure Speakers.

Tried Latencymon...I have no idea what any of these drivers or processes are.

And i went to configure speakers...whats the next step?