Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Guardian of the Ancient Kings

Am I the only one who does not like the model? I know it's from the old Warcraft, but it looks even older than some of the vanilla-models... the textures are very small and I think the animations are whack.

What are your thoughts?

I kinda see your point, though I gotta say that whenever I call the guardian I really don't have the time to look at it too closely ;-).
    I'm fine with it the way it is, wouldn't mind a remodel though either. Though I think Blizzard has some other priorities at the moment when it comes to remodeling things.

Deleted
    I always liked the model in WC3, and I definitely like it in WoW too.

I like the model, while the textures are low res, the brightness does a good job hiding it.

Also, as it has been stated, when it comes down to use the guardian I wouldn't think you have the time to stare at it and see if it matches your transmog gear.
    Likewise, anyone being chased by that unstoppable monstrosity of light should be worried about being melee'd for 45k than it's 128x128 texture.

Forget the model, I want the damn thing to FUNCTION. I just got out of a Silvershard mine, popped it on a warlock, when I was feared it stopped hitting the warlock and ran alongside me. Earlier in the Dalaran Sewers arena, it ran around on the raised platform after my target dropped down into the trench area and just skipped along that area until I could herd my target up towards the stairs. I've had mages kite it with great effectiveness and noticed that with Pursuit of Justice and three Holy Power, I can outrun it myself.

Replace it with Pillar of Frost or an Avatar mechanic (which was originally) suggested as a Guardian fix to begin with), or just give it a charge mechanic like Spirit Wolves. I don't care. But our 5 minute cooldown shouldn't be neutered by an incredibly crappy AI and fixed 100% run speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    Forget the model, I want the damn thing to FUNCTION. I just got out of a Silvershard mine, popped it on a warlock, when I was feared it stopped hitting the warlock and ran alongside me. Earlier in the Dalaran Sewers arena, it ran around on the raised platform after my target dropped down into the trench area and just skipped along that area until I could herd my target up towards the stairs. I've had mages kite it with great effectiveness and noticed that with Pursuit of Justice and three Holy Power, I can outrun it myself.

Replace it with Pillar of Frost or an Avatar mechanic (which was originally) suggested as a Guardian fix to begin with), or just give it a charge mechanic like Spirit Wolves. I don't care. But our 5 minute cooldown shouldn't be neutered by an incredibly crappy AI and fixed 100% run speed.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next step is not a fix but a big nerf when people in random BGs stop focusing on warriors/mages/chaos bolts and realize that the guardian can "oneshot" people too.

Personally I love the mechanical design of the cooldown but they really do need to fix its pathing if we're supposed to rely on its damage this much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't mind its horrible graphics if it continues to hit for 100k crits during cds/lust every boss pull, on top of still being able to be abused by t11 prot 4 piece. GG 45 second guardian <3

Edit: Also the warlock Doomguard graphic is pretty bad too but does have better AI : /

Quote Originally Posted by Valgus View Post
    I personally don't mind its horrible graphics if it continues to hit for 100k crits during cds/lust every boss pull, on top of still being able to be abused by t11 prot 4 piece. GG 45 second guardian <3

Edit: Also the warlock Doomguard graphic is pretty bad too but does have better AI : /
    I agree with this. Thing hits like a truck. Only thing I don't like is the obnoxious noises it makes.

The Doomguard is just as retarded only difference being it's ranged so it doesn't have to run up to the target. He can stand still and do nothing for a really long time as soon as you start switching targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, wasn't aware the doomguard used the same AI as gary the gargoyle haven't had my lock in raid QQ about it yet so I thought it functioned just fine.

Deleted
    It looks awesome.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thats why I like the revamped demons for Warlocks. I prefer those models above the others. Though I do miss my sexy Succubus.

Took a closer look at the model in the modelviewer and the model itself could really use a few extra polys, also the brightness of the texture is not being outshined by the glow. A better texture and the glow really compliments it. Now it's just like a strange coverup (which doesnt work)

Deleted
    i want to turn into the big yellow man instead, that'd be class (add the +stupid hits to your own damage teeeheee) !

So old. I mean what does Blizzard spend their time on? look at our wings with the glyph ''Lets rotate it so it becoms butterfly wings instead of spending 10mins to make it look cool.'' Oh what about Execution Sentence? Stolen from the mobs before Atramedes in BwD. I so lost my faith for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Reckhx; 2012-12-11 at 01:03 AM.

some effects for his attacks , and more shiny for his plate !!! seems would be awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Moltor View Post
    i want to turn into the big yellow man instead, that'd be class (add the +stupid hits to your own damage teeeheee) !
    No im always Cced to hell when i pop my big yellow friend. So i prefer him beating on someone at least while im getting raped by lock fear.

I like the model but I wouldn't mind an upgraded version of it.

I think it looks pretty good the way it is.

Deleted
    I don't even know what it looks like cause I got better things to worry about.

Like people have said, it's least of blizzard's worries anyway.