Need work advice

Ok. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this. It's currently 3:56 am and I am drunk (kinda). Anyway to start off I guess I will give you the background story. I'm 23 and working my way through college, I work as a manager at a small pizza chain. I've been working there for nearly three years now and I feel like I should be making more money then I currently make. I started out as a delivery driver and was damn good at it. Now that I've moved into a management position I'm not making nearly as much as I used to. To make things worse a good number of the employees never give me any respect because I'm so young. But I like working there because its close to home and the work isn't too bad. I don't want to leave because I'm just a few semesters away from transferring to a four year university but I feel like I am underpaid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Reverence; 2012-12-17 at 09:11 AM.

You should bring it up with your boss.

Right this moment is a perfect time to give him a ring, because he won't be busy with anything else so you'll have his undivided attention.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I wouldn't give up the management gig without some careful though. maybe you could go up from there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can ask your boss about it, but my suspicion is that if he's willing to give you a raise at all, it'll be something like $0.25/hour or something like that. You'd be far better off just jumping ship and going to work as a server at a restaurant. You'd make a lot more money.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I would first find out for someone in your current position if your making more or less than what others are making at the same position in other locations both in the same chain and outside the chain. If your making less than collect some evidence stating you should be making more and present that to your boss. If your making somewhat similar money your only choice is to either ask for a raise or find a new job. Depends on the circumstances which one I would choose.

As for the respect I wouldn't worry about it. The turnover usually is pretty high so anyone not giving you respect is usually gone in less than 6 months.

Let your boss know that you want to go back to deliveries, he'll ask why and you explain the difference in pay. If he believes you are a good manager he'll increase your pay if he doesn't or fills like you're replaceable he'll allow it to take place. If he allows it to take place he doesn't respect you as an employee and it's time to look for other opportunities.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read and respond to my problem. I like working there, and if i can get a reasonable raise ill take it but I'm only giving them one chance at it. If they feel that I'm making what they think I am worth then I'll put in my two weeks as soon as another job pops up.