Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

remove the rep requirement for valor gear.

this is mostly qq about alts. to spend your valor that you get from raiding, you need to grind out reps. which to be honest, is stupid. I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?

who thought of this crap?

my warlock alt has no desire to do any dailies, I do enough of them on my paladin. but, if I want to spend my valor, I have no choice.

rep should only be required for VANITY items. valor items should be on their own vendor, cause if I choose to raid on a character, I shouldnt be forced to do dailies just to spend my valor. all this system does, is FORCE people to do dailies that they dont want to.

being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.

You just now found this out?

10+ Year Old Account
    The rep gear should have a different currency to the raid currency. If you need to do dailies to unlock the gear then they should be bought through a daily-obtained currency, and raid currencies should be tied to raid reps/vendors.

In my opinion, anyway.

On another note, you don't need to do dailies to spend your raid-earned valor: spend it at the item upgrade guy to improve the gear you got from the raid that you earned your valor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.
    Wot? I haven't set foot in a MoP raid so far, and yet I'm wearing several pieces of valor gear.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Wot? I haven't set foot in a MoP raid so far, and yet I'm wearing several pieces of valor gear.
    You can earn valor other ways than dailies. You cannot however spend that valor (on gear) without dailies. That's the OP's issue.

heres my idea.

exalted on main = unlocks items for alts

there is no fucking way im doing the golden lotus grind again on my warlock.

Then here's my idea:
    Don't get gear on your warlock alt.

heres my idea.

This is actually a great idea.
    I have done the reps on my lock and just not getting myself to do them again on alts, even though there is a 100% bonus.
    Just unlocking the gear sounds great to me.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 09:57 AM ----------

NOTE: this is quite an old qq though...... I am not getting it that we are starting this agian. I believe every complain has already been posted.
    Blizzard acknowledges that having alts is a pain in MoP and stated that the devs are looking in ways to make it more enjoyable.
    I guess that we just have to wait and see what they come up with.
    I am expecting something in 5.3 though, so it may take a while.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2012-12-17 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the 5.1 2x rep boost, you can get access to A LOT of VP gear very quickly. You'll hit honored with Shado-pan and revered with Klaxxi just from questing, no dailies required.
    Golden lotus and Dominance offensive honored are doable in 4-5 days.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Blizzard has stated many times that you don't need Valor gear.
    2. Valor Points haven't been a raid currency in years.

I just leveled my alt and got revered with klaxxi and honored with shado-pan just by doing the quests there.
    That is a cloak (1250), neck (1250), legs (2,250) and belt (1,750) which would take me over 6 weeks to get.

And the whole "I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?" is just stupid. If you are raiding you are most likely better off upgrading your gear than buying rep gear with lower ilvl than what you will get in normal hof

You can always spend your valor points to upgrade your gear. And if you are raiding that much that you get all that valor you can't spend, why would you need valor gear from Vendors? Raid drops should be enough for you. I am in a raiding guild and I always run out of valor points every week. I even do dailies....

10+ Year Old Account
    this is mostly qq about alts. to spend your valor that you get from raiding, you need to grind out reps. which to be honest, is stupid. I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?

who thought of this crap?

my warlock alt has no desire to do any dailies, I do enough of them on my paladin. but, if I want to spend my valor, I have no choice.

rep should only be required for VANITY items. valor items should be on their own vendor, cause if I choose to raid on a character, I shouldnt be forced to do dailies just to spend my valor. all this system does, is FORCE people to do dailies that they dont want to.

I get more valor from dailies than I've ever gotten raiding. y'all cried and bitched that there wasn't anything to do. Well... now you have things to do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Considering you get VP from dailies, heroics, scenarios, LFR, and raids, I'm pretty certain it's not a raid currency. Or rather, not 'just' a raid currency. It's a general currency for you to get geared up if you want.

You can also still get upgrades without doing any dailies at all: just use the item level upgrade system. No dailies required. If that's not enough, then there's an honored reputation requirement on some of the items, which is very easily obtained while simply levelling/questing.

Maybe one day this pointless whining will end... A man can dream~

heres my idea.

Grand Commendations. Get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    y'all cried and bitched that there wasn't anything to do. Well... now you have things to do.
    It's not that we have more to do; it's that the things we did (getting valor capped, obtaining gear & rep etc.) just take more time now

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    You can earn valor other ways than dailies. You cannot however spend that valor (on gear) without dailies. That's the OP's issue.
    Yeah, but you can.

just get revered on your main.. once I got the 100% bonus I hit revered with Klaxxi just by hitting 90 ... then I got revered with the other factions in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Yeah, but you can.
    Please tell me how to open the valor vendors without questing.

Deleted
    With the 100% bonus I hit revered about 8000/21000 with klaxxi just from the normal quests in the zone that I did while leveling. Reaching revered with most factions will go fast. Jesus, I'd rather think about how long it'll take you to get the VP.