Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you would rather Blizzard hand you the Valor Gear instead ??

Please do correct me OP if I am in over my head here
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    crappy rng?

i spent weeks hoping for some upgrades to my lfr gear while raiding normal and was about to buy the wrists form argust honored till i won them on sunday with coin.l

so the purpose of valor gear even if ur raiding is to fill the slot(s) that rng is stopping you from filling

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 03:06 PM ----------

if people hate doing dailies they will have no characters that are revered with any factions so your point is invalid, but you do have a point with the vp
    The point with valor is to use it to get most dps/hps/survivability for each valor point. Picking a piece of gear that doesn't have perfect stats(i asume people have 463 gear in all slots since it's not that hard to obtain), instead of double-upgrade one with perfect stats is a poor choise.
    You have to be exeptionelly unlucky to get in the situation most of you talk about. It's a theoretical situation, that not even any of the posters here have reached, from what i could see.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    The point with valor is to use it to get most dps/hps/survivability for each valor point. Picking a piece of gear that doesn't have perfect stats(i asume people have 463 gear in all slots since it's not that hard to obtain), instead of double-upgrade one with perfect stats is a poor choise.
    You have to be exeptionelly unlucky to get in the situation most of you talk about. It's a theoretical situation, that not even any of the posters here have reached, from what i could see.
    my main no longer has blues but 476 ilvl and above gear which means in most slots the vp gear is still a upgrade

Deleted
    Most of the Valor gear is useless anyway, because all of it has hit/crit. It only caters to Fire Mages.
    A properly itemized ilvl 476/483 item beats a 489 valor item in dps, because you can't forge away more than 40% of one stat, so if both stats are close to useless you can only recover 20% out of it.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Given your example:
    463 -> 489 (or 496 from 5.1 factions) is a +26 (+33) iLvL increase.
    Double upgrading one piece is a +8 iLvL ( of presumably 476 and up, since we're talking about spending VP here) increase, no matter what you were starting with.

That is a delta of +18 (+25) in favor of upgrading 463->489 (496) before upgrading existing epics. So long as you are picking the correct spec's gear (obviously ) I don't know what magical "perfect stats" wouldn't make a 489/496 more compelling than a 463, given that the increased primary stats alone should make the item superior and reforging out of whichever secondary stat is less optimal into something more desired would take care of the rest.

Now, if you are fully decked out in 476/483 in every slot, then yes, the delta diminishes drastically, and from that point on, upgrading existing slots will probably be better.

They should just make rep gains equal across all accounts. You get exalted with a faction on one toon you get automatically become exalted on other toons on that account.

I think they should remove the rep requirements on Valor and institute a QQ or doomsaying on forums requirement for valor gear.

I'm starting up my alts now in 5.1 and its so stupidly easy to get repped up with alts now that I was revered with Klaxxi before I hit level 90 or even finished off all the regular quests in the zone. I didnt do the under water stuff, I didnt start any quests south of the briney muck and I didnt do the paragon quest that requires killing a bunch of mantid leaders. I became exalted with Tillers in 4 or 5 days doing about 15 mins of stuff a day.

If you are still QQing that its too hard to grind rep on alts then you are either not doing it right or you have earned your valor gear by meeting your QQ requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    You can earn valor other ways than dailies. You cannot however spend that valor (on gear) without dailies. That's the OP's issue.
    Woops...missed a bit. Nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this is mostly qq about alts. to spend your valor that you get from raiding, you need to grind out reps. which to be honest, is stupid. I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?

who thought of this crap?

my warlock alt has no desire to do any dailies, I do enough of them on my paladin. but, if I want to spend my valor, I have no choice.

rep should only be required for VANITY items. valor items should be on their own vendor, cause if I choose to raid on a character, I shouldnt be forced to do dailies just to spend my valor. all this system does, is FORCE people to do dailies that they dont want to.

being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.
    You don't have to. Just by doing regular questing in Townlong and Dreadwaste you gain enough rep to hit Honored with Shado Pan and Klaxxi, respectively. This gives you access to several valor point options.

Next, if you grind enough heroics, you can bump up your ilvl to start doing LFR (or if you have a guild) or regular raids. Then you can get gear that way and use your VP to upgrade it.

Dailies/Rep grind is the primary way of accessing content in this expansion but it is by no means the only or more importantly, the mandatory way of doing it.

Also, think back to Cata - you got epics for hitting exalted with factions too. You also got VP epics. Blizz just decided to combine the two to make things simpler.

If they make them no longer require rep, they should drop the ilvl down to 470. That's the only fair way to do it.

Deleted
    They could've put a generic valor vendor into game (like cata and wrath) in addition to the rep factions, with slightly lower ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Back in my days, we had to do stuff to be rewarded.
    That was the BC model, you know the one you think was broken. Cant have it both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    That was the BC model, you know the one you think was broken. Cant have it both ways.
    BC model was not broken because you had to do stuff to be rewarded, but because if you didn't do any stuff, you didn't get anything at all.
    In MOP you get 5 mans and LFR even if you don't do dailies, grind rep or get valor items. Yes, you don't have access to anything, but still to something, which spreads the cost of content's creation on the largest possible base.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

just have quartermasters outside msv/hof/terrace, that give you gear per rep level, like firelands. put vanity items on golden lotus/shado-pan/etc vendors.

raiders get gear they can use, and people who dont raid still get the items they want.

if I could log on, raid, and log off, and get valor gear without doing lots of dailies, i'd be happy. at the very least, if your main gets a rep to exalted, let the alts access the gear without repeating the grind.

back when I did the sons of hodir grind, I could still give alts enchants.

Deleted
    You are playing an alt, you repeated the leveling process, you repeated the gearing process in heroics, you are repeating the bosses in the raids, but you don't want to repeat the reputation grinds?

Ok, so I have my pally at 90, so why I have to repeat all the leveling process? I leveled once and it is boring. Set me to lvl 90!
    I leveled my professions on my main, alt professions are boring, let me choose two of them and get them to level 600. Farming is for casuals!
    Why I have to gear my alt to raids? The same heroics over again? It's stupid, give me my gear!
    I've killed the bosses with my main character this week, give me loot on my alts, killing the same boss two times in a week is boring and stupid.
    I have full conquest gear with my main, now I have to do BG's to gear my alt? It's repetitive to death, give me the conquest gear also in my alt Blizzard!

Oh wait! I have to play the game in order to play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post

Oh wait! I have to play the game in order to play the game?
    This might shock and totally surprise you but... I DONT LIKE PLAYING THE GAME THE SAME WAY YOU DO. I liked getting my rewards out of dungeons not running fucking daily quests for a piddling amount of fucking valor and rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    This might shock and totally surprise you but... I DONT LIKE PLAYING THE GAME THE SAME WAY YOU DO. I liked getting my rewards out of dungeons not running fucking daily quests for a piddling amount of fucking valor and rep.
    Because you want to have the cake and eat it too. Rep + items + valor from one place? A little bit too much perhaps?
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Because you want to have the cake and eat it too. Rep + items + valor from one place? A little bit too much perhaps?
    Nope. It was great and i've been doing exactly that for ages now. It is the worst change to the game and it's one the developers are relenting on already. It's just a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Nope. It was great and i've been doing exactly that for ages now. It is the worst change to the game and it's one the developers are relenting on already. It's just a matter of time.
    Well they clearly said that rep tabards are not coming back, so I kind of doubt they will reverse themselves.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Well they clearly said that rep tabards are not coming back, so I kind of doubt they will reverse themselves.
    Actually they've begun that process already. Scenarios and dungeons will begin offering "bonus" reputation. It's just a matter of time at this point. They will implement some kind of system that will be horribly flawed, limited restricted and people will give them feedback about it. The system will of course get further iterations until we get something that is more or less like a tabard.

Ultimately it's just a process of them getting it through their thick fucking skulls. Going slower is a dumb idea. It's not 2006 and you shouldn't adopt the outlook of players who want the game to be like it was in vanilla or tbc which is a foolish notion as much as I love Tbc. GC has started to adopt every regressive back in the day notion that these people as eschewing on various forums across the web in some vain attempt to capture past glory.