Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Dark Legacy Comics] Dailycraft

This weeks' comic from Dark Legacy has an excellent point about dailies, nostalgia, and general complaining of the human nature. If you ever see another thread about how dailies are boring, please share this comic with the complaining people

Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-17 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Cleaning

So what you are showing is that wow is static?
    While time goes by.. wow is stuck where it is/was?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    In the sense that people complain about everything ... yes.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome strip, and it's so true in every aspect.

I'm not sure where you got that. The way I see it, WoW changes all the time. But regardless of the changes, there's always gonna be people complaining.

There is a difference in what you're looking at for changes.
    As time goes by and the gaming market changes, requirements for ganmes changes and also the players grow up and get other responsibilites in life, the games they wanto to play will change.
    Having a grindy game 8 years back, doesn't mean that grind will be succesful in todays wow.

We are not using chariots as our main-transportation, do we?
    They are perfectly capable in bringing us from A to B but I don;t think they meet the requirements for transportation today.
    Things change and wow needs to develop with those changes.

There is a difference in what you're looking at for changes.
    As time goes by and the gaming market changes, requirements for ganmes changes and also the players grow up and get other responsibilites in life, the games they wanto to play will change.
    Having a grindy game 8 years back, doesn't mean that grind will be succesful in todays wow.

We are not using chariots as our main-transportation, do we?
    They are perfectly capable in bringing us from A to B but I don;t think they meet the requirements for transportation today.
    Things change and wow needs to develop with those changes.
    The thing is, these dailies are everything but grindy. Most of them take five minutes to complete and, if instead of doing all of them everyday, you only complete a couple of them each day, you'll be exalted in a matter of weeks (we have almost two more years of MoP left, you know?) and won't get tired of them at all.

If the biggest issue of this whole expansion is that you can do so many dailies that you get burned out, then it surely is a very succesful expansion.

The more things change, the More things stay the same.

Sure, the comic has a point but still, the current daily grind non-sence is not a good design. I mean, yeh, sure, I will do and actually I did them all on my main, but I have some alts and I cant spend my valor with them cuz in the order to do that I should do the same freaking dailies all over again, which I wont. Even if there is a boost for it.

Also, I had my Green-Proto from the second egg :P
    Last edited by Dark_Spirit; 2012-12-17 at 10:46 AM.

WTF

''Commander Kaine''

... My main is called Kaine :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The thing is, these dailies are everything but grindy. Most of them take five minutes to complete and, if instead of doing all of them everyday, you only complete a couple of them each day, you'll be exalted in a matter of weeks (we have almost two more years of MoP left, you know?) and won't get tired of them at all.

If the biggest issue of this whole expansion is that you can do so many dailies that you get burned out, then it surely is a very succesful expansion.
    I'm sure most people don't want to wait till the expansion is over. After all, the gear they offer is worthless come next tier, so if you're not exalted by then, it's pointless to continue. The reward is what is gated behind it.

I still feel taking your time is fine since it's 3 weeks per 2250 piece anyway (1k per week + 250 on the 3rd) so it's not like you have to do every single daily every single day, but you at least want some kind of progression before the gear is worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha what a good comic

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha god I love DLC, they're always so spot on, it really does make me laugh the things people complain about these days .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    keydar knows how too make funny and true comics, he's the best

Deleted
    Awesome, truly awesome.. and this is a true compliment coming from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm sure most people don't want to wait till the expansion is over. After all, the gear they offer is worthless come next tier, so if you're not exalted by then, it's pointless to continue. The reward is what is gated behind it.

I still feel taking your time is fine since it's 3 weeks per 2250 piece anyway (1k per week + 250 on the 3rd) so it's not like you have to do every single daily every single day, but you at least want some kind of progression before the gear is worthless.
    Of course, but don't forget that you don't even need to be exalted to buy the VP gear. Getting to revered takes only a few days and is much, much faster with your alts once you get the 100% bonus. You only "need" to be exalted with a couple of factions for certain recipes.

Only those that want to be exalted with every faction as soon as possible to have that content finished and forget about it would do every daily everyday. And that is like trying to get 10 different pets to level 25 the first week. You can do it, but you don't have to.

Well played, DLC. Well played. Hit the nail right on the head.

I like DLC

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

I don't like that the only way to get rep etc is doing dailies, I'd like an option to grind it, like the winterspring cat mount and the nether rays from the bird people in tbc, oh and the talbuk mount from nagrand

15+ Year Old Account
    This is also very true about nostalgia in general. It seems most of people tend to easily forget the bad things from the past. For some reason I tend to remember what annoyed me in older WoW and I am really enjoying the game because I see things are being improved. I don't think WoW is perfect but it's going forwards and Blizzard is really trying to satisfy so huge, various group of people with extremly different tastes and expectations.

Grinding reputation is what Blizz didn't want us to do.

However, I would love to get like... a daily dungeon you could do and get a Rep increase with a certain faction. That way it wouldn't be farmable and still take a long time, but actually be able to get to exalted sometime in the future without having to farm the same dailys day in and day out.

I'm half way to Revered with Golden lotus and I've already given up. That's pathetic even to my low standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!